The Midweek Games Fred

Lighthouse

I think we'd all sleep a little easier if Chelsea beat Udders and the latter had to get a result against Arsenal (in Wenger's final game) to finish above us.

Aside from that, I would sh*t my pants laughing if Chelsea and Spurs won, then both overtook Liverpool on the final day. I think they would have to lose at home to Brighton though, so massively unlikely.

Call me overly optimistic but... I think Spurs and Arsenal could both be realistic targets next season. We all saw what happened with Moyes at United a few years ago and Arsenal are only 6 points above a nothing to special Burnley team.

Spurs, should the likes of Kane, Eriksson, Alli and Poch all start pushing for moves, could return to the good old days of Sherwood/Jol/Ramos hilarity.

I hope Spurs bottle it. Tbf to Liverpool, they have history, they have trophies, and whilst in recent years the animosity has grown, they are a big club.

Spurs on the other hand are the wannabes if you like, and it would be truly brilliant if they moved into their new stadium with no Champions League.

Christ Huddersfield are boring. Have to admire their resolve I suppose.

They have significantly lower quality players than Chelsea and Man City, it would be daft for them to open up and attack both clubs away from home when all they need is a point for survival.

Good composed finish that from Huddersfield.

As good as the feeling was yesterday, 17th place and finishing below all the new promoted sides is shocking. and to think we managed more points in our promotion season- where we didn’t even have a settled keeper, Hooiveld, Fox, Yoshida....

so, imagine you are a Hudders fan? two difficult games to go, easily conceivable that you lose them both and the Swansea beat Stoke, and you find yourself 1-1 away at Chelsea with fifteen to go?

Nervous?

It's wonderful when it's not us!

Would feel more comfortable on the last day if Chelsea win this. I don't think a ten goal swing is likely and Swansea fans are clutching at straws but you never know.

Still no point cashing in my relegation insurance bet now so that's still there I guess.

6 mins of injury...