The Midweek Games Fred

Lighthouse

Classic case of why people complained about the added time for Everton though. Huddersfield wasted so much time, then they get a FK with 30s still to play, take a whole minute to take it, and the red blows as soon as they do. The game also stopped while a player was treated for cramp etc etc.

Classic case of why people complained about the added time for Everton though. Huddersfield wasted so much time, then they get a FK with 30s still to play, take a whole minute to take it, and the red blows as soon as they do. The game also stopped while a player was treated for cramp etc etc.

Yeah, our treatment by the ref there certainly wasn't consistent with what normally happens.

Well done on staying up. But what an awful 'footballing' team, horrible stuff.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Hark at everyone decrying the uncouth northern team. Fck me most of the PL is dross. Don’t single them out

Main reason I wanted Huddersfield to lose was so Swansea had to focus on winning.

They can focus on trying to score a hatful to catch us.

Fair point. Although you are forgetting they are sh1t and don’t score.

This. Its the totally inconsistent refereeing that hacks people off most.

Hark at everyone decrying the uncouth northern team. Fck me most of the PL is dross. Don’t single them out
I don't single them out purely on tonight's 'performance'. They were the same when they came to SMS, nothing to do with being either uncouth or northern. It's to do with playing unattractive, boring, agricultural football.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

‘Assuming’ we stay up?? Jesus there isn’t going to be a 10 goal swing, the **** is wrong with some of you?!

Hardwired pessimists. Probably have ‘bad feelings’ about lost of things

Actually, Huddersfield achieving safety tonight could work in our favour psychologically. Had they still been in danger of relegation, our players may have had one eye on the Huddersield result on Sunday. Now all they have to focus on is performing well vs Man City. A bit like the draw vs Everton focused minds last night....

Actually, Huddersfield achieving safety tonight could work in our favour psychologically. Had they still been in danger of relegation, our players may have had one eye on the Huddersield result on Sunday. Now all they have to focus on is performing well vs Man City. A bit like the draw vs Everton focused minds last night....

Plus Swansea may not be quite as motivated any more. If Huddersfield had lost tonight they would have been a lot easier to catch, a 1-0 win could have done it for them vs Stoke now they can only catch us and need a far less likely set of results to do so.

A 10 goal swing isn't going to happen regardless.

My dream is to write a book about the worst collapses in sports history! It's in the blood pal.

Jordan Spieth, Kevin Keegan, the England Cricket team fifty times, Saints v Watford. There must be more

Despite what the stats say i keep on thinking we will lose 5-0 and Swansea will win 5-0 :lol:

I had a dream earlier where Stoke score 7 own goals.

Say Swansea beat Stoke 8-0, do you think the PL would do anything? Because it would be suspicious.

However, the other way I see it is that if Lambert wants to keep his job- he needs to show he can win against a ‘fellow Championship team’

Cant wait for sunday evening

I don't know why people keep thinking Swansea are suddenly going to score buckets. They are the lowest scoring team in the league with just 27 goals over 37 games.

Their top scorer has 7 goals. We thought we were goal shy.

I don't know why people keep thinking Swansea are suddenly going to score buckets. They are the lowest scoring team in the league with just 27 goals over 37 games.

Yup, Saints 0 Man City 3 & Swansea 2 Stoke 0 is probably as bad as it'll get on Sunday. There won't be a 10 goal swing in GD.

The interesting thing for me about their game is how will Stoke approach it?

Despondent & no fight? Or will they play with freedom due to not having pressure?

As i said on the other thread:

Man City's biggest winning goal margin this season is 6 (Watford); they've also won by 5 goals against Liverpool, Palace, Stoke and Swansea. Their average winning margin is 2 goals.

Of course Swansea also have to deliver on their side: they've not scored in the past four games, are the joint lowest scorers in the league and actually concede two goals for every goal they score, though they did beat West Ham by three goals earlier on in the season.

Freak events do occur -hell clueless Dalek's prediction of 17th might be correct for once; but a 10 goal swing is beyond even that pale.

Plus Swansea may not be quite as motivated any more. If Huddersfield had lost tonight they would have been a lot easier to catch, a 1-0 win could have done it for them vs Stoke now they can only catch us and need a far less likely set of results to do so.

A 10 goal swing isn't going to happen regardless.

What if Swansea score early and we concede early? Would they not think "who knows? let's go for it"

If Lambert has the players up enough for the game then we'll be fine, because I can't see Stoke conceding hatfuls of goals to Swansea in those circumstances. But it's just the combination of us playing Man City, our players being complacent and thinking they're safe, Man City players having freedom & space because we're no longer up for it, Stoke having a bee in their bonnet about Hughes and not being overly fussed about losing and Swansea being solely focused on scoring lots of goals rather than just getting a win.

I mean, it would be the mothership of all catastrophes coming to land if it happened. But this is Saints we're talking about.