Play offs

whelk

Villa for me. Won’t be renewing my ST next year after 17 years as my son is abroad for long periods and we’ve missed loads of games this season. Being a West Mids resident I want the most local away games. Plus I have loads of Villa supporting mates so have a soft spot for them.

I'm torn, my mate is a Fulham fan so on one hand I want them to go up, on the other hand Fredericks is on a free and we've been linked with him, and they have a few other decent players that could be pilfered like Cairney. Sess will end up in the top 6 for sure unless they go up.

Also, good cross from Targett for the first goal.

So does Targett come back, or stay with Fulham (if they get in the PL)?

Depends how many left backs we have at the club I'm guessing. As we noticed under Koeman he's ideally suited as a narrow left sided midfielder in a 5-3-2 though.

That night at Pride Park still lives in the memory so massive lol at them and their fans.

Couldn't agree more. We were sat on the coach for ages at the ground after the game with loads of Derby fans taking the **** out of us. Classless the lot of them so I'm very happy that they've buggered it up this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than start another Thread may as well bump this one, with the Hors d’oeuvre to the CL final, the Championship play off, kicking off at 5pm

Where do folks think next seasons new away day will be, Villa Park or Craven Cottage?

Think Fulham might get it in extra time.

Come on Fulham!

As well as being walking distance from my house, I don’t want John Terry to win promotion, and if Fulham get promoted it’ll be easier knowing Jokanovic wasn’t going to be an option for us.

When it comes to today’s football, this is the ONLY game I am interested in. The other one I will wait until I see the score at some point and that’s about it.

Fulham are fresher, younger and have more standout players. Villa are chock full with experience and are probably stronger defensively. Could be tight. Fulham deserve it, so it'll probably be Villa. Either way, Terry will be celebrating with the winning team. :lol:

Wouldn't like to call this one, both decent sides. Always had a soft spot for Fulham (no idea why), I don't mind if they make it. That said, being based in the W Midlands, Villa is an easier away day to make. Flip it again and I think that Villa would be a harder proposition for us next season than Fulham. God I'm confused...!

Come on Fulham!

As well as being walking distance from my house, I don’t want John Terry to win promotion, and if Fulham get promoted it’ll be easier knowing Jokanovic wasn’t going to be an option for us.

When it comes to today’s football, this is the ONLY game I am interested in. The other one I will wait until I see the score at some point and that’s about it.

Indeed, walking(well a bus ride)distance for me as well. Plus Fulham are my favourite London team, always a pleasant(unlike some others) London ground to visit.........

**** me a Saints full back defending the back post from a cross, he didn’t learn that off Cedric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe Targett's after being bullied on the back post for Derby's goal in the semis.

Anyone else see the Fulham owner gesticulating wildly to Targett in a way that more than suggested 'Stay here with us' as he waited for the trophy?

Tough decision for the lad, I think. Saints through and through, but I think the way he's been ignored whilst on loan might leave a sour taste.

Would let Targett go if Fulham offer decent money for him.

He is ok, but struggles against the pace of PL wide players and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Bertrand to Targett would be a huge step down in class.

I guess Fredericks will sign a new contract now, but the right team got promoted.

I'd have a punt on Grealish instead. Lightweight and has an attitude but undoubted talent, with a decent sell on profit down the line. Other than Johnstone the keeper, there's not one other Villa player I'd want.

I guess Fredericks will sign a new contract now, but the right team got promoted.

I'd have a punt on Grealish instead. Lightweight and has an attitude but undoubted talent, with a decent sell on profit down the line. Other than Johnstone the keeper, there's not one other Villa player I'd want.

I'd consider Grealish too.

Yeah, Grealish is worth a shot IMO.

Grealish is Villa through and through. Would he leave??? Is his attitude good enough???

Not sure about his temperament to be honest, he's more than a little hot headed at times, should've been sent off today, got lucky yellow instead of red.

Now to get behind my local team. Shrewsbury were favourites for relegation at the start of the season and to reach the Championship would be a huge achievement.

Come on you Shrews!

(Can't really bring myself to say that. A team of small furry rodents just seems wrong. [emoji20])

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Same for me on Monday Shroppie with Exeter City, real shame Chiefs lost yesterday but Saracens too strong for anybody to handle. Hope Shrewsbury win today, Hurst has done a wonderful job there after getting Grimsby back into the FL, one to watch. No offence to Rotherham but they’ve had a couple of goes at the Championship, would prefer Shrews to try. Love their kit and it’s also a lovely place.

Mixed feelings about Monday though as see Coventry as a cousin club to us and had some friendly away days at the old Highfield Rd. Over 30k fans tomorrow too. Hate what SISU have done to them and there by the grace of God it wasn’t us.

Delighted for Fulham and Targett yesterday, would think a permanent move is on the cards almost certainly. Fulham are a fine side to watch and Cairney and Sessegnon belong in the PL, reward for Cairney signing that new contract and not taking the easy option of a fat signing on fee to sign on a big club’s bench. Shame for Villa and their long suffering fans, although no sympathy for the vile John Terry. Depends how much of a hit Tony Xie can take in terms of a fine and whether they get a Forest style transfer embargo or not.

Now to get behind my local team. Shrewsbury were favourites for relegation at the start of the season and to reach the Championship would be a huge achievement.

Come on you Shrews!

(Can't really bring myself to say that. A team of small furry rodents just seems wrong. [emoji20])

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's OK, shrews are not rodents. More closely related to moles and hedgehogs.