Play offs

whelk

Who do you want to come up?

For me Fulham as a decent away.

Although quite like Steve Bruce and wouldn’t mind Villa back.

Premier League doesn’t need another Pulis team although don’t mind Boro either although no way I am making that trip.

Derby nah

Been to Boro and Derby but not Fulham or Villa, although I doubt I'd get tickets for the former as trips to smaller London teams always sell out.

Villa I guess, although not all that fussed.

Fulham is probably the easiest London game for tickets as have neutral end which tends to turn into away overspill

Fulham is probably the easiest London game for tickets as have neutral end which tends to turn into away overspill

Good point. Anyone with experience of the 'neutral end' know what it's like. I'm guessing no colours, is there ever trouble when someone scores?

Fulham is one of my favourite away trips and have sat in the neutral section. Works ok. Just accept that you could be sitting next to a fulham or saints supporter or a neutral. Fulham supporters are generally a civilised bunch. They do put segregation in occasionally when needed.

Good point. Anyone with experience of the 'neutral end' know what it's like. I'm guessing no colours, is there ever trouble when someone scores?

Yeah loads it's basically like the royal rumble in wrestling , massive free for all with fists flying everywhere

Yeah loads it's basically like the royal rumble in wrestling , massive free for all with fists flying everywhere

I’m well aware that Fulham aren’t exactly ‘70s Millwall but there’re always a few idiots who’ve had a few too many.

Fulham 74% possession 2 shots on target. Short cornes every time so as to negate the counter-attack. Remind you of anyone we know? Jokanovic? No thanks.

Yes how boring. Only won 25 games scoring 79 goals this season.

Who do you want to come up?

For me Fulham as a decent away.

Although quite like Steve Bruce and wouldn’t mind Villa back.

Premier League doesn’t need another Pulis team although don’t mind Boro either although no way I am making that trip.

Derby nah

I would love Fulham to come up as they are a localish side and I have plenty of mates that support them so would be great for them and their kids.

I am also an anyone but Derby camp, i'll never forgive them for the goading after the 2007 playoffs. :sulk:

Fulham would be my preference, decent club, fairly easy to get there.

Only downside might be making it more difficult to attract Jokanovic if they come up, but with us looking like staying up and Hughes growing reputation at the club this is not as critical as important as it was a few weeks ago.

When we needed to sit down during the cup game and all the Saints fans were standing up, we got moved to the neutral zone. It was... there. Mostly empty for that match though the half-time divot diggers sat in the row in front of us in full Fulham training kit.

Hope Derby suffer an agonising play-off defeat, the bastards.

Fulham or Villa for me.

I was over the play-off defeat as soon as they had the worst ever Premier League season when they went up. 9 months of hilarity.

I'd quite like Fulham to go up because it's a decent away day, though the wife hasn't been to Derby and we've both been to the others. Also I want us to sign Tom Lawrence and that isn't happening if they go up.

Worries me how seriously people take rivalry to wish someone gets hurt. Was it his play up Pompey tweet?

It was probably him sliding in front of the Itchen after scoring when playing for someone against us a few years ago - may have been Leicester in the Championship, can't remember. Personally it doesn't bother me, he's a crap Championship-level striker.

I loath Derby. So not them. Prem needs aristocratic clubs like Villa (and Leeds btw) in it (doing well not the ****-poor Villa that gradually faded into relegation the last decade).

I like the comfort of having three clubs you know will struggle to stay up.

Not Derby, full of average players that have had numerous attempts in Premiership.

Like Curtis Davis, Scott Carson, Andre Wisdom, Bradly Johnson, Camoron Jerome, David Nugent, Tom Huddlestone, Marcus Ollson, Andreas Weimann.

Boring.

He's never played in the PL. That would be his twin-brother Martin, who effectively got relegated last Tuesday.

I like the comfort of having three clubs you know will struggle to stay up.

Exactly. Why would we want the big clubs like Leeds, Villa, Birmingham, etc. to get their shit together and return and establish themselves in the PL? It would make us an even smaller fish in a big pond, with a much bigger chance of going down.

Exactly. Why would we want the big clubs like Leeds, Villa, Birmingham, etc. to get their shit together and return and establish themselves in the PL? It would make us an even smaller fish in a big pond, with a much bigger chance of going down.

"Birmingham". :lol:

Haven't had an average attendance larger than our current capacity in 44 years.

23 of the past 30 years spent outside the top division.

2 League Cup wins and 2 JPT-level wins in their entire history.

Twice as many seasons as us in the third tier in the past 30 years too.

Birmingham would be exactly the kind of club I'd want to see promoted to the Premier League. Then again so are Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth and Brighton, all of whom look likely to finish above us this season.

"Birmingham". :lol:

Haven't had an average attendance larger than our current capacity in 44 years.

23 of the past 30 years spent outside the top division.

2 League Cup wins and 2 JPT-level wins in their entire history.

Twice as many seasons as us in the third tier in the past 30 years too.

Birmingham would be exactly the kind of club I'd want to see promoted to the Premier League. Then again so are Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth and Brighton, all of whom look likely to finish above us this season.

Ok, big city and decent sized club. My point stands, I'd rather have the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth than bigger clubs that are more likely to survive long-term.

If Villa make it there'll be 3 Chinese owned clubs in the PL + a 13% stake in Man City.

I'm not sure how successful our plans of expanding there will be given the competition. Wolves will be big spenders and could feasibly take a lot of bandwagon Chinese fans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If Villa make it there'll be 3 Chinese owned clubs in the PL + a 13% stake in Man City.

I'm not sure how successful our plans of expanding there will be given the competition. Wolves will be big spenders and could feasibly take a lot of bandwagon Chinese fans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

About 10 teams have shorter odds for relegation than Wolves. Sounds really dodgy what they are doing but always liked them as a club. That Neves goal wow

As much as I loathe Derby, The Brunswick near the station has to be one of the best away pubs ever.

And that would be one of next season's relegation spots nailed down already!!

About a dozen Real ales and their own micro brewery and the food was pretty reasonable last time I went!!

Never been to Villa Park, so that would be fine too. Both grounds would offer a large away following.

Smoggies .... nah .... bound to be a Jan mid week ko knowing the doss EPL Fixture Computer.

Fulham with their tourist section ... and no doubt on a Sunday when every bit of Southern Rail is shut down for maintenance!!

To be honest just (assuming no cock ups of biblical proportions today!!) relieved to still be in The Prem after this car crash of a season!!