Song for Bertie

Mr Brightside

Think this may be the first thread I've started so go easy...

May be a bit late with one game left, but I don't think we have a song for Ryan and I think he deserves one. Sure he's normally got a face like thunder (being miserable myself I don't mind this) but he is class, he'll be at the World Cup and more importantly he's our skipper.

As much as I'd like to nick one of the Spuds songs as payback, I can't get any to work, so the next best thing has to be Liverhampton, so to the tune of their main song, how about:

Ryan, Ryan,

With Saints in your heart,

And you'll never walk alone,

You'll never walk alone,

Ryan, Ryan,

etc.

If some of you can get this going in the Northam, I'll join in from the Family end!

Edited by Mr Brightside

You must be a Liverpool fan on a wind up surely?

Agree he needs a song though..make it more long lasting than the Hughes one which ended its Useful life when we lost the cup semi final.

Actually as he will probably leave in the summer it's only for 90 mins so perhaps we can sing(to Robin Hood obvs.... ) "Ryan B, Ryan B running down the wing. Ryan B, Ryan B let Man City win...feared by our defence, in the 96th minute, Ryan B, Ryan B, Ryan B."

"You must be a Liverpool fan on a wind up surely?"

Nope, just clearly on my own with this one!

Yes, definitely. But you carry on, we'll look out for you holding your scarf aloft and swaying side to side.

Yes, definitely. But you carry on, we'll look out for you holding your scarf aloft and swaying side to side.

Well, he's probably not. If he were, I'd admire his prescience in joining this forum in 2007 in order to troll us eleven years later.

Why? Because you don't like the song choice (fair enough) or you don't think he deserves a song (explain)?

Why because this place is angry and rude mate. Not a place for encouragement or tolerance so don’t be disheartened although that song is v sh1t.

The way he’s played 80% of the season, he doesn’t deserve a song. Well, maybe this one “Go on now, go, walk out the door

Just turn around now, Cause you're not welcome anymore”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair enough. Though the way most of them have played this season only McCarthy would deserve a song!

I think with Ryan it's his demeanor that doesn't help him. He does give the impression sometimes that he's not bothered / interested but I really don't buy into that. As I've said, think he's class and would always be one of the first names on the sheet for me.

Though I clearly need to go back to the drawing board re the song!

The way he’s played 80% of the season, he doesn’t deserve a song. Well, maybe this one “Go on now, go, walk out the door

Am I the only one that thinks that Bertrand has taken more stick from this forum that he actually deserves? He may not have been at his best during this mess of a season, but who has? IMHO he certainly hasn`t our worst player by a mile.

Am I the only one that thinks that Bertrand has taken more stick from this forum that he actually deserves? He may not have been at his best during this mess of a season, but who has? IMHO he certainly hasn`t our worst player by a mile.

No mate I'm with you

Yes.

At first we were afraid, we were petrified

When we saw Ryan Bertrand in our side

I don't get it either to be quite honest. I've been to quite a few games this season and I've never noticed this so called lack of effort or passion that some people label him with. He's not the most vocal so perhaps the armband should go elsewhere, but in terms of his effort and application, it seems fine to me.

I really hope we keep him for the long-term, you don't become an England regular by being a crap player.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

No you’re not the only one.

People that think Bertrand isn't a good footballer or left back are insane. I'd go as far as saying he is better than Luke Shaw currently. He clearly does care, and i hope he stays, along with Cedric. The centrebacks on the other hand are all very average, and this has been the problems.

We had aggressive Centrebacks like Fonte, Alderwiereld and VVD, who were rarely beaten in the air and allowed knock downs. Stephens maybe "good" on the ball but doesn't jump or attack the ball in the air. Hoedt, worries everyone, but im willing to give the benefit of doubt to as new to premiership, Yoshida is just a nice back up centreback and gives his all tbf. We need a CB that commands and attacks the ball.

People that think Bertrand isn't a good footballer or left back are insane. I'd go as far as saying he is better than Luke Shaw currently. He clearly does care, and i hope he stays, along with Cedric. The centrebacks on the other hand are all very average, and this has been the problems.

We had aggressive Centrebacks like Fonte, Alderwiereld and VVD, who were rarely beaten in the air and allowed knock downs. Stephens maybe "good" on the ball but doesn't jump or attack the ball in the air. Hoedt, worries everyone, but im willing to give the benefit of doubt to as new to premiership, Yoshida is just a nice back up centreback and gives his all tbf. We need a CB that commands and attacks the ball.

Totally agree, if we're looking to strengthen anywhere across the back it's at centre back where we need to buy big. Traditionally we have had top class players in that position and currently Hoedt and Maya don't cut it. I would look to get a top class replacement for Hoedt, preferably somebody who is captain material as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Totally agree, if we're looking to strengthen anywhere across the back it's at centre back where we need to buy big. Traditionally we have had top class players in that position and currently Hoedt and Maya don't cut it. I would look to get a top class replacement for Hoedt, preferably somebody who is captain material as well.

No coincidence that our best defensive period, perhaps in our history, was with VVD and Fonte infront of goal.

Totally agree. I recall when we were struggling during a period under Koeman and somebody on here reported seeing Fonte, Stephen Davis, somebody else and Betrand in a pub, The implication was they were trying to sort it out. Part of the inner circle.

It'll be his last game for us so i don't really see the point tbh

It won't be, wait and see. Why would he uproot his family unless a London club guaranteed him first team football which they won't and he didn't have to move house. He's a London boy and would hate living Up North, especially the Lancashire part of Up North.

no need for a song, but maybe we should spend one minute in the game just scowling and looking miserable, and maybe make a couple of stupid decisions.

and every now again, we should do something pretty great, when we feel like it.

Jan Bednerak and Wesley Hoedt are young players in a position where age and experience count for a very great deal. We would be crazy to lose either of them, in two years time they will develop into one of the outstanding partnership in the PL and you'll all be moaning because we've let them leave for big clubs.

May be a bit late with one game left, but I don't think we have a song for Ryan and I think he deserves one. Sure he's normally got a face like thunder (being miserable myself I don't mind this) but he is class, he'll be at the World Cup and more importantly he's our skipper.

Actually he isn't. Just happens to have been given the armband while the skipper is out injured. Yoshida used to be the backup skipper, but he has missed games as well. Bertie is not really captain material, but given the other options in the team without Davo and Yoshida there is little option at the moment.

Bit harsh but know where your comming from............do you think we might tempt Shaw back then/ plus Mcqueen and targett?.....options surley.

He’s fantastic. He obviously gives a toss about the club, he just happens to look miserable. Perhaps that’s because we’ve been **** all season? He still bombs on constantly all game, and has provided key assists this season. I actually have a feeling he’s not going to leave this summer as well, he’s been talking too much this week in the press that it would be weird if he was trying to get a move away at the same time. If he goes, he should be thanked for staying as long as he has, he’s been a great servant in a time when we’re used to players leaving after 2 seasons, and he’s been a superb player for us.

TBF to the op I think we do need songs for more players...some of them clearly find it encouraging and even acknowledge the crowd. ( Tadic does even if he is running down the wing with the ball at the time!).

Bertrand deserves one even if only for his length of service. I think he does care but his natural demeanour doesn't help when there are rumours of him wanting to leave ( even if they are only rumours) as people will read into his behaviour what fits their agenda.

However singing any song related to that bunch of ****s for Liverpool is definately out.

Not very imaginative but the old Jay Rodriguez - Just can’t get enough - song would fit perfectly. Swansea fans weren’t far wrong when they said ‘you’ve only got one song’, we don’t have nearly enough for our players. Liverpool have about 4 for Salah ffs, don’t reckon we’ve got 4 for all our players combined.

Anyone else see Bertie smile (yes really) yesterday when he was in possession in the corner, thought about it for a second and then launched it into the stands. A beaming smile followed after the ironic cheers. Also noticed he turned round and clapped our corner in the Kingsland and the Chapel as he went off for half time. Hopefully appreciation of the noise rather than a goodbye.

Thought he was excellent and really hope he stays.

If he does here’s hoping someone can come up with a better idea for a song...