Saints 0 City 1

St Chalet

Professional job in the end. Well played.

Ridiculous how many late goals we concede. Lack of fitness, focus, brains?

Lots of changes needed on and off the field if we don't want to repeat this season's near-disaster.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Couldn’t give two f**ks about the score but hopefully the goal is a reminder that Stephens and the defense are not good enough. To be beaten by a long, flat ball like that is criminal, especially when you were warned mins earlier.

This match was the first stress-free PL viewing experience in a while, so I actually enjoyed it until Jesus scored in time added to injury time.

I could do without this year’s level of stress next season. Make it happen Les and co.

No thanks. Resign Les and let your successor sort things.

That goal cost us £2m. :lol:

Add in £19m wasted on the clown's joke Monaco player and the overall cock up this season of not sacking him months earlier, hopefully all of that and finishing 17th will be the straw that will get Bunsen and Beaker sacked.

So glad that wasn't the goal that relegated us. Doesn't bear thinking that it could have been. Enjoyed the whole game but the ending sums up the problems this year. Disappointing we can never hang on.
We did at Swansea. For this season, that's all that matters. We will only stop making those errors when we get better defenders in.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Add in £19m wasted on the clown's joke Monaco player and the overall cock up this season of not sacking him months earlier, hopefully all of that and finishing 17th will be the straw that will get Bunsen and Beaker sacked.

Don't forget the Hughes bonus payments and Pellegrino payoff

Nightmare season for our two Muppets

Appointment of hughes, resignation of Reed and we can look forward not back

Embarrassing really that all three promoted clubs have finished above us. We surely won't be so lucky that three established clubs manage to **** things up too.

I reckon Brighton might struggle next season

Brighton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley will all struggle next year.

Embarrassing really that all three promoted clubs have finished above us. We surely won't be so lucky that three established clubs manage to **** things up too.

I reckon Brighton might struggle next season

I can see Huddersfield struggling next year as well.

Good performance. Deserved a point, but the least bothered I've ever been about losing to a last minute goal. At least it gave City the ton.

Hughes has done a great job to turn our performances around. Deserves to be given the job full time, which I hope will be done and dusted within a week.

Short transfer window this summer and a World Cup thrown in to boot. Let's get our business done early and give Sparky a good preseason to have them up and running from the get-go next season.

Couldn’t give two f**ks about the score but hopefully the goal is a reminder that Stephens and the defense are not good enough. To be beaten by a long, flat ball like that is criminal, especially when you were warned mins earlier.

My thoughts exactly. Very poor discipline and a simple goal conceded.

To put that into perspective that's about 1/8th of a Couricio or whatever his name is.

Relief, didn’t think the ten goal swing was likely, but just glad to get this season done having endured an even worse manager than Branfoot in Pellegrino. Hughes has saved Kreuger, Reed and Wilson, making our summers rather more pleasurable as a result.

Enjoy tonight and then hard work starts tomorrow in terms of buying the 4-5 first players needed and offloading the likes of Boufal and Forster, although latter might be hard to shift with his wages. With the WC, and an earlier close to the window, business needs to be direct and brisk this summer. CB with leadership and presence in the air is first, Rogic as Davis replacement etc the second, pacy forward eg Promes next and then strong striker. Full back replacements if Bertrand or Cedric go on top. Squad is too big so bit of a clear out needed and only sign first team certs only, too many fringe players. Only really Romeu has actually started a majority of games. Hughes seemingly has them training properly now for English football so expect that to change next term with better core fitness.

Would also like to see the new regime setting out some vision, Hughes staying, Reed stepping out of first team matters bar transfers which should be a collaborative process. Besides, academy gone stale so Les’s focus needs to be there.

Glad that’s all over with. Been horrible for the past few months having this spectre of relegation hanging over us and the horrible anxiety that goes with it. Looking forward to the next 3 months not having to worry about Saints, and hopefully having an enjoyable summer which sees Krueger and Reed shown the door, Hughes signed up for a couple of years at least, and some decent transfer dealings.

Shame we couldn’t hold on for the point, but a reminder of course how poor our defence is and that we need to keep the fitness up until that final whistle.

Thought it was offside. Quite why Stephens was so far up the pitch i’ll never know.

Hoedt was excellent. We were the better side.

Hoedt played Jesus on. Stupid goal to concede, our centre backs switch off so easily.

I know it doesnt matter but does anyone know how many points we threw away in injury time this season. Can think of 6 off the top could of my head

So fcking annoyed about this result. To play that well and get done by the long ball in the 93rd minute if unforgivable. So often this season hard work is just thrown away. Literally seconds left.

We matched them in that game, really should have scored but you just knew we wouldn't.

Didn't help we carried Redmond for an hour or more. What is wrong with him? Absolutely brilliant at Everton and useless at Swansea and today. Lost the ball every time he got it.

Thought Stephens and Hoedt played well, Hojberg and Romeu excellent. But we need a leader in the centre of defence with them to stop this pathetic ****e happening at the end.

I suppose this season didn't deserve to end any other way. Relieved we'd stayed up. Relegation with a squad this expensive and experienced when the competition is so, so poor would be ridiculous. Let's move on and start afresh.

I assume Hughes will get the job. Probably fair enough but 2 wins in 8 and the amount of points we've thrown away still concerns me.

Great post totally agree

Although we have stayed up I feel little has changed - few goals and concede late

Hughes has done what he came for and thanks for that but not sure he will be here in the long term

****test pitch invasion of all time. Glad we stayed up but it's a massive let off for the board.

Looked to be a pre-meditated act by a group of chavs in the Itchen, followed by varying degrees of simpleton from other sections.

A little deflating to lose twice to that mob in the last seconds of the game but job done and an easy game to watch without any pressure. Hojbjerg and Romeu great today and Cedric played well. Bertrand coming off on 80 mins was a little surprising; cotton wool for the world cup or a chance to say goodbye to supporters?

Let the shake up begin!

How may points lost in stoppage time this year? Off the top of my head I can think of 6 points

City (a) 1 point

Watford 2 points

Everton 2 points

City (h) 1 point

I am sure I am not remembering others.

+ the late goals against Arsenal (home and away) and we could have finished 10th :lol:

Could have been £100m if we went down! Cheer up!

Good on City for getting to 100.

Let’s sort it out next season

Survival is worth every penny of what I'd have gained from the insurance bet, but it's a shame we couldn't hold out for the point, finishing us above Huddersfield and gaining us and extra couple of million quid.

Whenever we go into a season, we look for 3 teams worse than us, but I would never have predicted it would be the three that have finished below us. Still, as Dalek so often says, look for 17th and the rest is a bonus. Too close for comfort though. Keep Hughes, start the rebuilding next week (not in bloody July) and we might actually not be in the same crap we were this season.

As for today, we were the better team at times, it's a shame we couldn't nick it. Hoedt is growing in stature and could be a big player for us next year. My MOTM. Shame we switched off at the end though.

I lay the blame for the cruddy season about 80% at Pellegrino's door and 20% at Reed and co. Pellegrino was out of his depth and never should have been chosen, not least being able to sign a player who can barely kick a ball for our record signing. Hughes is much better and I hope he signs the contract.

Oh, and that will royally annoy the Stoke fans too.

92:56 when the throw in was taken. Perfect time to blow the whistle but no, they wanted drama. Had a feeling they’d play on to get City the 100. Must be nice, all that cash to spend AND help with the game clock from refs. We deserved a draw. Oh well we stayed up.

Just left the stadium. Yet another game against one of the top 6 we deserved more from. Hey ho. We we're down and out 4 weeks ago so staying up against the odds is a huge feel good factor. Surely we won't put ourselves through that again next season. Give the job to Hughes. He deserves it. Drinking champagne in the car on the way home. Life is good :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

A little deflating to lose twice to that mob in the last seconds of the game but job done and an easy game to watch without any pressure. Hojbjerg and Romeu great today and Cedric played well. Bertrand coming off on 80 mins was a little surprising; cotton wool for the world cup or a chance to say goodbye to supporters?

Let the shake up begin!

Bertrand was injured.

Cedric the main waver to the crowd on the lap of whatever it is, so he's probably off

92:56 when the throw in was taken. Perfect time to blow the whistle but no, they wanted drama. Had a feeling they’d play on to get City the 100. Must be nice, all that cash to spend AND help with the game clock from refs. We deserved a draw. Oh well we stayed up.

It's a MINIMUM of 3 minutes added time. So no, that wouldn't have been the perfect time to blow. Can't blame the ref for today's goal.