WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!!!!!

Bad Wolf

Have to say I thought we were certain relegation candidates it's been more than a great escape! Well done saints for performing better when it really counted

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

"Genuinely don't give two sh1ts that we lost...WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!!!!!! "

Absolutely right !!!

I was ready to celebrate a 1:3 defeat, and the performance was better than we could have reasonably expected...

so...

let's enjoy!

Still sinking in, really.

Tuesday was the big one, tbh, and it's a shame to lose the last game (in injury time again!!), so not the high feeling I might otherwise have had.

But yeah, it's cool.

Looking forward to the summer transfer dealings.

Tuesday was the big one, tbh, and it's a shame to lose the last game (in injury time again!!), so not the high feeling I might otherwise have had.

Really? For me I barely even registered what the result Was, I just know We're staying up.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Saints fans can dance if they want to,

We can leave Pompey behind,

Cause the Skates don't dance and if they don't dance

Well they're no friends of mine!

Hopefully this dreadful season will be the kick up the arse the Southampton board need for a positive summer of improvement.

Starting with the appointment of Mark Hughes next week & then player recruitment with some ambition shown!

fYgK0Lv.gif

Yep, fans really did their bit today. I thought the vibe for the Bournemouth game was good, but today was exceptional. Not heard OWTS sung so loud and for so long, for a long time. Loved the spoof 'handball' shouts from the Northam as well, funny as ****.

Great atmosphere from start to finish today.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Actually feels a bit weird that we're still in the Prem!

When we were 5 points adrift with 5 games to go, on a run of 1 win in however many.... it seemed unlikely we would stay up. I'd started to come to terms with going to watch Championship football next season.

Even after we beat Swansea, the close nature of the last three games, sqeezing out results, doing just enough and finally getting some luck actually going our way this season... it still doesn't seem quite real that we actually pulled it off, to the point I was going to the game today almost expecting some sort of karmic retribution and the 10 goals to be turned around.

It'll sink in at some point that we've done it and I can relax :D

It feels so good to know that we are staying up! Shame that we lost to a last minute goal again in added on added time! But never mind that, suppose at least City got their100 points. Can't wait for this summer's transfer dealings. COYR

Never in doubt! ;) Thankfully we didnt need a point to stay up. How cruel would it be to go down to a 94th minute goal? It has been a strange old season. For much of it, it seemed as if everyone outside the top six was in a relegation battle. This time last year who'd have thought that Mark Hughes would be our saviour and that he would be the fans pick for the next three seasons? Fair play to him for the job he has done but it also showed that the squad was underperforming badly and by sticking to some basics he was able to get the results we needed to stay up. Puel has proved that, despite his critics, he is a capable mid table manager and he can send teams out to score goals. Despite finishing second, Manchester United are no longer the force they once were and look like being overtaken by Liverpool next season. Odd to see WBA, Stoke and Swansea all go down together and it just goes to show that, outside of the top six, no one is safe. I can see the same happening next year and the Board will need to recruit carefully in the summer if we want to stay out of this bun fight next season. As for Hughes, is he the best option for us going forward? I would like to see the Board look at a variety of options before handing him a new contract but it looks like he has probably done enough to get the gig. It reminds me of the debate when Pearson was in the same position, kept us up but was dispensed with. Based on recent years,Hughes would be a most un-Saints like appointment. But maybe the Board and the new owners will have been shaken by this season and will go for a safe pair of hands during a rebuilding period? We probably wont do any better under Sparky than mid table but for clubs like us, that is not the end of the world. And now to Dalek, who is no doubt nursing a sore head after celebrating his annual prediction that has, finally, come right - if nothing else proving the obvious statements that even a stopped clock is right twice a day and that if something can possibly happen, then it probably will. So then, on to the close season and, maybe, a clearer insight as to what the new owners have planned for us. Never a dull moment being a Saints fan! Onwards and upwards (hopefully).

Staying up with 7 wins, 5 of which were against clubs that were an utter shambles at the time. That is impressive in itself.

If we're in any doubt about the size of the task ahead, I went through the 30 listed first team squad and felt 19 could/should leave. Major, major work needed starting with a contract for Hughes this week. No delays