Signing Talent. Simple?

Winchester Red

A few simple questions.

You approach your number one transfer target and he's says he's really interested, but also says it's a big decision for him and he wants to see what other clubs come in too, so he wants to wait until nearer the end of the window. Do you wait or move on to target number 2?

If you move on, how many times do you keep moving on when you get the same answer?

If you get your No1 target on the last day, or settle for your number 5 target, will you still consider it a Les F-Up for not getting business done early or for signing another player that isn't good enough.

(NB - It's not an acceptable answer to just keep offering transfer target no1 more money until he says yes)

Secondly.

Hughes gets a better offer and leaves. You get the CV of a highly rated young latin manager currently in Spain. His CV is identical to Pochettinos (and coincidently the also the same as the MP2). Do you consider it?

If anyones got any great answers to theses I'm sure Les and Ralph will be interested because it looks to me that they're booked whatever they do.

I think you have a fair point. Easy for armchair warriors, with the benefit of hindsight and a few bevvies, to be pitch-perfect. The fact is that life is full of uncertianties. Plus anyone employed o we would liek to employ has the right to NOT come to saints, the same way as we all can choose who we want to work for. "Get 'im in" does mean then "'im wants to work 'ere".

Pellegrino had one good season with Alaves having being sacked at his two previous clubs.

Pochettino had 3.5 seasons at Espanyol where until his last season he achieved creditable mid-table results despite having to sell his best players every summer.

So not that similar.

If the new Pochettino is out there, then yes I'd go for it