Season ticket prices?

simo

I probably won't be renewing next season, but that's more down to personal circumstances rather than a reaction to this poor season. Gonna be spending more time on the golf course and italian hotel websites.

With the TV deal, there is zero reason for season tickets, and match day tickets, to be as expensive as they are. That goes for the entire division, because some clubs (cough Arsenal) are far worse at milking their supporters.

There is zero reason except for greed.

With the TV deal, there is zero reason for season tickets, and match day tickets, to be as expensive as they are. That goes for the entire division, because some clubs (cough Arsenal) are far worse at milking their supporters.

Sorry- gonna play the economics card. If people are willing to pay at those prices, then they will keep structuring the prices in that way. It is wrong, but the way the sport is heading- and how businesses work in general- maximising profits.

I’d love to know what the profit is of on an average matchday- ie. revenue (from tickets/merchandise) - cost (general running of the day).

Just to really gauge an idea of how important it all is.

Sorry- gonna play the economics card. If people are willing to pay at those prices, then they will keep structuring the prices in that way. It is wrong, but the way the sport is heading- and how businesses work in general- maximising profits.

I’d love to know what the profit is of on an average matchday- ie. revenue (from tickets/merchandise) - cost (general running of the day).

Just to really gauge an idea of how important it all is.

£22.4m matchday income in 2016/17 including the extra EFL/Europa games. £19m in 2015/16. So about £1m per game.

Must have heard me , just had an email ! https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/season-tickets-coming-soon?utm_source=Southampton FC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2099381_POS - Non Attendees - Man City - 14.05.18&utm_content=Season Ticket news&dm_i=2HKL,18ZW5,2MEAG5,3ZP5B,1

It will be the usual BS from the club. A few nice headlines telling us about price reductions in certain parts of the ground and for some minority customers but for a dad taking his lad it eill be at best a price freeze?

I probably won't be renewing next season, but that's more down to personal circumstances rather than a reaction to this poor season. Gonna be spending more time on the golf course and italian hotel websites.
I've heard Kenyan hotels are very good as well, could be worth a look.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

They're not going to have time to have a long renewal window, hoping for a price reduction behind the goals, but expect a price freeze.

I get people who don't want to renew due to being disillusioned with the Premier league, although would have more respect if they did that after we finished 6th rather than coinciding with us being a bit rubbish again.

What was our average league attendance this season? Must be around 31000 which is fairly decent considering results and lack of home wins.

What are we buying into - what is the plan for the club? Are "we" going to be content to make up the numbers and hope to hang around bottom-mid table, collecting that TV money cheque? The last 2 seasons have been diabolical, are we going to have another season like it? If so, I'd rather give my money to a charity.

The owner still seems to be AWOL - hasn't mentioned anything about the future nor the recent past (avoiding relegation). We are getting his daughter to be the head, but we haven't heard jack **** from her either. I suspect that the rubbish we have endured for the past 2 seasons will put many off, and it would seem good business sense if the owner participated in some leadership and gave some direction to the club. But hey, if he can't be arsed...... His CV never really instilled a lot of confidence, nor have his (in)actions since taking over.

What are we buying into - what is the plan for the club? Are "we" going to be content to make up the numbers and hope to hang around bottom-mid table, collecting that TV money cheque? The last 2 seasons have been diabolical, are we going to have another season like it? If so, I'd rather give my money to a charity.

The owner still seems to be AWOL - hasn't mentioned anything about the future nor the recent past (avoiding relegation). We are getting his daughter to be the head, but we haven't heard jack **** from her either. I suspect that the rubbish we have endured for the past 2 seasons will put many off, and it would seem good business sense if the owner participated in some leadership and gave some direction to the club. But hey, if he can't be arsed...... His CV never really instilled a lot of confidence, nor have his (in)actions since taking over.

But don't forget we are "Champions League Ready" .....although haven't heard the club trot that one out for awhile.:lol:

£22.4m matchday income in 2016/17 including the extra EFL/Europa games. £19m in 2015/16. So about £1m per game.

That's income, what's the profit?

Even if it were profit, £1m/game isn't much over £20m even with a good cup run, which is nothing compared to how much we've wasted on poor transfers (£19m on a striker who barely makes the bench), so how harmful would it be if prices were slashed? It won't happen, it's business and no sustainable business turns down income just because it's an nice thing to do.