VVD Wages

spyinthesky

According to an article in today's Sunday Times, taken from the book 'Football Leaks', VVD is on £124,658 per week at Liverpool

He received a £6m signing on fee and gets a further 'Loyalty Bonus' of £5m plus another £4m if he completes 150 games plus £250k if Liverpool manage 15 clean sheets after he signed for them.

This is relatively small beer compared to some other deals Agents have been able to screw out of our big spending clubs,.

For example, 29 year old Alexis Sanchez was paid a £6.7m signing on fee and gets £20.35m a year in salary PLU £750k every time he STARTS a game.

It is no wonder we cant keep star players when faced with such largesse and makes me realise what challenges management of smaller clubs have to contend with.

Maybe it's different when you're actually faced with that much money, but for me £20k a week is already more than I could ever spend and the amounts you mention just all blend into "too much for me to spend", with no distinction between them. I can honestly say I would quite happily stay with saints on as little as £1k a week rather than jumping ship. At the end of it all would I look back and regret not having more digits in my bank account or regret not sticking with the club I love...?

...yes I'm a bit drunk.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Les Reed just bent over for his favoured club again.

"Bent over"? The club can earn a world record for a defender £75m from the deal. Of course it would have been nice if some of the money was spent on a top centre back in Janaury rather than a portion of it seemingly wasted on Carrillo. Let's see what the summer wiindow brings in.

"Bent over"? The club can earn a world record for a defender £75m from the deal. Of course it would have been nice if some of the money was spent on a top centre back in Janaury rather than a portion of it seemingly wasted on Carrillo. Let's see what the summer wiindow brings in.

That money has already gone into the loan Geo has took out to pay for the club imo.

Hard to judge what makes players move.

I sort of agree that if you're already on a few million a year then does it matter if you double your salary. But then again, when I first went to work I thought £30Kpa was the most I'd ever want or desire. And that is no longer true.

Maybe for ultra-high earners (I'm not one!), it's the Billy Bean thing from Moneyball..."It's not the money, it's what the money says..."

You can lord all,these impressive salary figures all day but what you do not seem to realise is that VVD and Sanchez have to pay 50% tax on that money, as well as NI.

Go back and look at the figures after that........

So what are you saying? Alexis Sanchez only pockets £375k per kick-about on top of his basic salary?

The shame

Edited by Batman

You can lord all,these impressive salary figures all day but what you do not seem to realise is that VVD and Sanchez have to pay 50% tax on that money, as well as NI.

Many players only ever deal and negotiate in net wages. The clubs usually pick up the tax/NI bills.

It’s broken up into various offshore schemes. Paying for ‘image rights’ through an offshore company is one way.

Gutted for them, how do they manage to get by.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Not buying Forster is on nearly £100k a week, sounds like utter BS to me.

Even at his best he was nowhere near one of our best players and the club doesn't pay those sort of wages, highest earner would have been VVD and probably on £60 - 70k a week.