Dušan Tadić

Dusic

Since Hughes came in, Tadic has been excellent. He is massively superior to all our other 'creative' players and outside the top 6 is up there with players of his type.

Seems to have a really good attitude, is pretty much always available and crucially is very reliable on the ball. Always combines well with the full back, whether Cedric or Bertrand and generally doesn't lose the ball allowing people to make runs off him.

Our woeful attacking play hasn't helped him at times this year, but he always wanted the ball even when taking stick in a team devoid of confidence.

I know there are downsides, inconsistency, poor penalties and a tendancy to delay shooting when well placed but if he was better in those regards he would be a top 4 player and miles out of our reach.

If he leaves this summer then for £10.5m he has been an absolute steal, providing loads of great moments from the Clybe assist in his first game, partnership with Pelle, winner at Man Utd and the absolutely vital Bournemouth goals.

If he does go then a.) it will be to a far better team than us and b.) we will massively struggle to replace him with similar quality.

Easily one of the best signings since we have been back in the PL and a good player to watch. Seems to like working with Hughes so hopefully we can keep him.

e79cd3a100a716c27259bdc809d5a304.jpg

Must say i’ve been extremely critical of him the last two seasons, mainly out of frustration that he’s seemed undroppable when at times he’s been way below standard. However, in the last 3 weeks I think i’ve fallen back in love with him, i’ve never seen him so passionate and driven, he’s looked like he’s having the time of his life. Been an absolute joy to watch.

In a team that is functioning properly and using him in the right way, I think Tadic will always create chances. So there's no way we should be selling him.

What we need is more players in the attacking third who are capable of converting the chances he creates. So would much rather we move on the likes of Redmond and Boufal, who produce far less end product than Dusan.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

In a squad whose quality has been so diminished why on earth would any fan want to sell Tadic?
This. Collectively we have been crap for large parts of the season, but that is largely to do with how we were asked to play. With a decent manager, change of tactics, confident squad and Dusan is a starter every time for me. And let's face it, anybody who wanders around a packed SMS in just his pants ain't really that low on confidence..!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky

The Tadic that ended the season compared to the Tadic that played the first 30 odd games is like making our first summer signing before the season even ended. 2 months ago I wouldn't have picked him, now he's a must keep (provided of course we keep Hughes or sign a new manager who can continue to get the best out of him)

This. Collectively we have been crap for large parts of the season, but that is largely to do with how we were asked to play. With a decent manager, change of tactics, confident squad and Dusan is a starter every time for me. And let's face it, anybody who wants wanders around a packed SMS in just his pants ain't really that low on confidence..!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Did he give away his boots and socks too? I couldn’t see that far down.

Really not sure if we will see him in a Saints shirt next season. Inclined to think the club would try to do all they can to keep him as I don't think Boufal is ever going to make the grade here. I'm hoping he stays on anyway.

228 chances created from open play by Tadic alone and 37 goals if that doesn't say something about the finishing ability of our players I don't know what does...

His own finishing is pretty awful as well though, over the last two years he has consistently missed big chances, probably my biggest criticism of him is that's he's one of our main attacking players but does not score enough.

He was also tosh for most of the seasons and tosh all last season, these last 5 or 6 games seem closer to his old self of a few years ago, but is it a little blip before he returns to his norm or is it a rejuvenated Tadic under new management?

Must say i’ve been extremely critical of him the last two seasons, mainly out of frustration that he’s seemed undroppable when at times he’s been way below standard. However, in the last 3 weeks I think i’ve fallen back in love with him, i’ve never seen him so passionate and driven, he’s looked like he’s having the time of his life. Been an absolute joy to watch.

Absolutely, just shows how massively important it is to get the managerial decision right.

Hughes has got the best out of Tadic, who 2 months ago optimised the type of player you didn't want to have in a survival battle!

He's a fantastic player and we are lucky to have him! If you corrected all his 'faults' then he would be Salah or De Bruyne good and would have left long ago. His the perfect example of one of the two sorts of player we need to buy ie those that we get cheap improve and sell for a profit and those that we get that are just below that level but hang around and form the back bone of our squad. The club should do everything possible to ensure Dusan stays put.

Technically our best player, we would be utterly stupid to sell him.

But most fans hate him because he cant replicate a performance week in week out, yet if he did they would then be upset he had signed for Liverpool or someone else. Silly.

Technically our best player, we would be utterly stupid to sell him.

But most fans hate him because he cant replicate a performance week in week out, yet if he did they would then be upset he had signed for Liverpool or someone else. Silly.

This.

Since Hughes came in, Tadic has been excellent. He is massively superior to all our other 'creative' players and outside the top 6 is up there with players of his type.

Seems to have a really good attitude, is pretty much always available and crucially is very reliable on the ball. Always combines well with the full back, whether Cedric or Bertrand and generally doesn't lose the ball allowing people to make runs off him.

Our woeful attacking play hasn't helped him at times this year, but he always wanted the ball even when taking stick in a team devoid of confidence.

I know there are downsides, inconsistency, poor penalties and a tendancy to delay shooting when well placed but if he was better in those regards he would be a top 4 player and miles out of our reach.

If he leaves this summer then for £10.5m he has been an absolute steal, providing loads of great moments from the Clybe assist in his first game, partnership with Pelle, winner at Man Utd and the absolutely vital Bournemouth goals.

If he does go then a.) it will be to a far better team than us and b.) we will massively struggle to replace him with similar quality.

Easily one of the best signings since we have been back in the PL and a good player to watch. Seems to like working with Hughes so hopefully we can keep him.

e79cd3a100a716c27259bdc809d5a304.jpg

You writing your own editorials now, Dusan? :) Tell us what you would like to do. You can see you have our support.

228 chances created from open play by Tadic alone and 37 goals if that doesn't say something about the finishing ability of our players I don't know what does...

Graphic says since 2014-15 not just this season. Anyone know how many assists he got for those 228 chances?

Would like Tadic to stay but I don’t think he will.

Perhaps if we brought in another Pelle type player who can make the most of Tadics assists he might be tempted to stay but he is probably sick to the back teeth of being surrounded by ordinary players.

Never seemed liked they had the connection Tadic had with Pelle or Mane.

But that was in a confident, attacking team. Tadic was never going to connect with Austin when then only passes between each other were in our own half. Also Mane and Pelle have much more ability on the ball and more mobile than Austin.