The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

You are supporting his point ;)

big grin on end is a big cheeky smile, eg being sarcastic, I think England have a very good solid team with some very very good players, if they show up or play well is a different story though. think GS will have us playing pretty well to, liked the way he had the under 21's playing

so much talk around the england team about how wonderfully open they are this time round with the media.

Lots of talk about jovial games of bowling and darts with Journo's and as such, nice things being written about them and the manager.

Quite sad that the squad have to pander to a group of ****s just for an easier life when at the World Cup.

does anyone give a toss that the players are more open to the muppets in media?

he touched the ball. the replays showed that, the ref looked at the replays

what the hell was that about?

Still not sure i get why VAR supposedly got it right.

Not sure i get the logic that since he made contact with the player in his followthrough after getting the ball it is a penalty.

If that is the case is every slide tackle now a foul because in 99% of them there is some degree of contact with player post making contact with the ball?

Still not sure i get why VAR supposedly got it right.

Not sure i get the logic that since he made contact with the player in his followthrough after getting the ball it is a penalty.

If that is the case is every slide tackle now a foul because in 99% of them there is some degree of contact with player post making contact with the ball?

I think clattenburg explained it fairly. even with the slightest touch, the french player was still in total control of the ball/situation. It was the assuie who then (through the follow through) that took the french players rear leg.

fair enough IMO

I think clattenburg explained it fairly. even with the slightest touch, the french player was still in total control of the ball/situation. It was the assuie who then (through the follow through) that took the french players rear leg.

fair enough IMO

don't think he had total control. Think aussie puts the ball into Griezmann's foot hence why the ball flies so far in front of him, so that he wasn't likely to ball before goalkeeper.

don't think he had total control. Think aussie puts the ball into Griezmann's foot hence why the ball flies so far in front of him, so that he wasn't likely to ball before goalkeeper.

he did have control as he was through on goal despite the slightest of touches by the aussie

Penalty all day long. As clear as Clatts whitened teeth against his love island tan.