The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

To get them ‘in the right mood’. It’s a bit like getting BBC radio newsreaders to wear evening dress.

I think they should wear bikinis.

Lol, yeah. Be better if it was done live from a Refs house, kids screaming in background "shut up im trying to make decision here"

Also do you think they have whistle, cards and foam spray stuff?

Hard to fathom how anyone can not agree that was a foul. I hate VAR generally but that was a clear pen.

Clatts in his Crucible-finest, silk waistcoat just said it was a clear penalty - that the defender got a slight touch on the ball was irrelevant as Griezmann was caught in the second phase of play, even if it was a split second later.

Clatts in his Crucible-finest, silk waistcoat just said it was a clear penalty - that the defender got a slight touch on the ball was irrelevant as Griezmann was caught in the second phase of play, even if it was a split second later.

Aye according to common view on here when you win the ball in a tackle you might as well chin the opposition player afterwards as nothing to lose as ref can’t give a foul as ‘you got the ball’

And Clattenberg is something else. He is a candidate for celeb Love Island. Think he is blowing all that Saudi cash on make overs

Edited by whelk

France got lucky with both of their goals.

Australia played well until the final third of the pitch

I think Saints have shown over 2 years just how easy it is to look good in 2/3 of the pitch if you have no interest in final 1/3. It’s no real achievement.

England are ****e. So not a good example of a side to use.

If you think 12th in the world ****, then you sir, have very high standards.

I would have thought 12th out of 206 teams to be pretty dam decent to be honest.