The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

So Tonight, is the 2 yearly mess that will be England at a tournament. Tonights game is no easy feat, Tunisia are a decent side but we should beat them. I think England to draw this game 1 v 1, papers, pundits and fans to be suicidal. Normal Yawnfest.

Nah 3-0 England!

Wow. VAR finally does something useful. It's been a shambles so far but at least we finally have a positive.

Seems to me it's more the commentary on VAR that's been a bit of a shambles. VAR seems to me to have worked more or less exactly how it was intended to so far.

England to win 2-0. Tunisia to give us an early scare before we settle into the game and grab a goal midway through first half. Tunisia push for an equaliser and we catch them on the break to seal it with about 10 minutes to go. Might even be time to grab a third if their heads drop/we bring on Vardy to catch them again on the counter.

For all the caution most England fans are sensibly showing, Tunisia's best player is Khazri (formally of Sunderland). England SHOULD have more than enough to win the game tonight. Obviously we do have a wonderful ability to f*** things up, but I would expect us to be in the 2nd round on Sunday afternoon with a Group decider v Belgium to look forward to.

Interesting to see how important the next round of matches are for Argentina and Germany though, no room for mistakes! I fancy Iceland to get a win against Nigeria, if the Argies slip up against a confident Croatian team, a mutually helpful point in the last game between Iceland and Croatia would see them both through.

The Germans HAVE to beat Sweden, as again, Mexico should have enough to beat Korea and then a similar scenario to that in Group D could develop.

Panama look awful. Worse than the Saudi's. Just a matter of time before Belgium score. Then the flood gates could open.

Not so sure. Belgium making a real meal of this, getting a bit frustrated, could end 0-0.

Reminds me of Scotland vs Costa Rica in 1990. One way traffic all game, frustration grew for the Scots and Costa ended up pinching it with their one chance.

Wow. VAR finally does something useful. It's been a shambles so far but at least we finally have a positive.

Horse ****. It's been executed perfectly throughout the tournament with the possible exception of Argentina maybe deserving a second penalty against Iceland, but even that wasn't clear cut in my opinion. The referee's, too, have been absolutely brilliant and are completely embarrassing the shower of **** we have to choose from over here. The only thing that's been a shambles so far is the pundits/commentators and their blindness to how good VAR is/can be. Particularly Gary Lineker, who is a complete *****.

So clear that a roomful of referees didn’t give it?
Watch the challenge on Kane you massive condescending c*nt and tell me that you think it's not a clear penalty. Then I'll tell you you're a liar.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk