The World Cup Thread

Lighthouse

Watch the challenge on Kane you massive condescending c*nt and tell me that you think it's not a clear penalty. Then I'll tell you you're a liar.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Why do you feel the need for such childish language? I don’t use such against you.

Can’t you see that if the onfield referee doesn’t give it and the VAR referees don’t give then there’s probably a good reason that they didn’t give it?

This game needs half time. We’ve lost all rhythm and composure.

Why do you feel the need for such childish language? I don’t use such against you.

Can’t you see that if the onfield referee doesn’t give it and the VAR referees don’t give then there’s probably a good reason that they didn’t give it?

Clueless.

Tell me what that reason could possibly be then. Go on - give me one good solid reason that the challenge on Kane wasn't a penalty.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

How are all the hipster VAR darlings? Clear pen for foul on Kane

Good. Worth noting that the ref made both decisions, so we would have been in the same situation without VAR. At least, VAR presents the opportunity to catch those errors and inconsistencies. It didn’t in this case.

he puts himself in positions but he has missed 3 good chances in that half, keep him on and encourage him i reckon

I reckon we should give someone else a chance,can't afford misses like that at this level. If he needs encouragement he should look at his bank balance and the badge on his shirt.

Good. Worth noting that the ref made both decisions, so we would have been in the same situation without VAR. At least, VAR presents the opportunity to catch those errors and inconsistencies. It didn’t in this case.

As Lineker says that was sort of thing VAR brought in to pick up things that ref can easily miss. Would understand if didn’t review but they reviewed and concluded no foul which is baffling to all. Genuinely not looking t9 have pop at technology but needs explaining.

As Lineker says that was sort of thing VAR brought in to pick up things that ref can easily miss. Would understand if didn’t review but they reviewed and concluded no foul which is baffling to all. Genuinely not looking t9 have pop at technology but needs explaining.

Would be interesting to know if the VAR refs would have given the Walker pen, though, under current rules, they can’t overturn the ref’s decision.

Also unclear whether they are applying their own standards to judge incidents or are trying to act consistently with the standards applied by the ref. Thus a ref might be more towards the lenient or strict end of the spectrum but the VAR refs aren’t which can lead to inconsistencies in the way the rules are applied.

The Lounge has lost all rhythm and composure.

Er.... because it wasn’t a foul?

It doesn’t matter what any of us think.

You what???? :lol:

2 of the clearest pens you will ever see.

I’m a fan of VAR, but it’s only as good as the person using it and tonight it seems that whoever is using it doesn’t want England to score.

Disgraceful really.

I mean, there’s a lot of average out there, but still gotta feel for Bertrand. Even though he didn’t have a good season, he’s still been better than Ashley young. Even when he was quick he wasn’t that good, now his legs are shot he offers nothing.

I mean, there’s a lot of average out there, but still gotta feel for Bertrand. Even though he didn’t have a good season, he’s still been better than Ashley young. Even when he was quick he wasn’t that good, now his legs are shot he offers nothing.

Yeah, Young is a poor selection IMO.