Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

It’s weird that some outlets are pushing this as a £50m deal. When it obviously is not

Doesn't that happen with just about every transfer? There always seems to be several different reported fees when a transfer goes through. I imagine the selling club include every add no matter how unlikely while the buying club gives the lowest possible basic fee sans any add ons either that or the press just pluck some random number out of the air..

Schurrle close to Fulham move.

SCHURRLE CLOSE TO FULHAM MOVE

Borussia Dortmund forward Andre Schurrle is flying to London tonight ahead of a medical tomorrow at Fulham.

Sky Sports News understands that Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has secured the signature of Schurrle ahead of a number of interested clubs including Crystal Palace and AC Milan.

The German international was released from Dortmund’s tour of the US to discuss the move.

£40m (ish) for a player who has:

1. Played one season in England

2. Scored 5 goals - 2 against relegated teams, 2 against Everton and West Ham when they were dog sh*t and one against Bournemouth

3. Not scored in his last 26 PL appearances.

Wow :|

£40m (ish) for a player who has:

1. Played one season in England

2. Scored 5 goals - 2 against relegated teams, 2 against Everton and West Ham when they were dog sh*t and one against Bournemouth

3. Not scored in his last 26 PL appearances.

Wow :|

Mental money for someone who had a good first 10 games at Watford. Most attacking players theyve signed in recent windows have struggled. Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Klassen come to mind

Usmanov noises about selling his 30% stake in Arsenal. Wonder whether he will be picking up from his frontman at Everton, or maybe he already has? If so, it will be interesting how he swings that one. Guess he could buy Moshi out, which would be like paying himself.

Kouyate to Palace?

Sky sources: Crystal Palace are in talks with West Ham United over the signing of midfielder Cheikh Kouyate.

SSN reporter earlier this window that West Ham were listening to offers and value Kouyate at around £10m

Gelson Martins to Atletico Madrid. Hell of a signing on a free.

ATLETICO SIGN GELSON MARTINS

Atletico Madrid have announced the signing of Gelson Martins on a free transfer. The Portugal winger has signed a six-year-contact.

Martins was one of a number of players who told Sporting Lisbon they were cancelling their contracts earlier this summer, citing ”just cause”.

Gelson Martins to Atletico Madrid. Hell of a signing on a free.

If he turns out to be free. I can't sporting just letting all these players walk with out a legal fight. Can you imagine the carnage if they don't and it sets a precedent for players just to cancel their contracts every time they are unhappy?

If he turns out to be free. I can't sporting just letting all these players walk with out a legal fight. Can you imagine the carnage if they don't and it sets a precedent for players just to cancel their contracts every time they are unhappy?

Completely bonkers, isn't it?

They want £50M off Wolves for Rui Patricio...

Newcastle signing Schar for £3m.

Seems good value, especially as it was suggested we tried signing him in January 2017 for £5m, before Hoffenheim jacked the price up knowing our desperation and we walked away.

Newcastle signing Schar for £3m.

Seems good value, especially as it was suggested we tried signing him in January 2017 for £5m, before Hoffenheim jacked the price up knowing our desperation and we walked away.

Ridiculous at that price, quality defender. Guess the black box didn't turn him up on our radar then.

£25m is food and drink for a decent proven player these days. You won't get much for less than the £20m mark.

Begs the question when are we going to start spending food and drink money on players? I'm not by any means saying transfer fee guarentes success but feels like even the newly promoted teams are spending more then us now.

Likes of West Ham starting to spend 30m plus a couple of seasons ago don't think that there was that money clubs outside top 6 that was willing to spend more then us, Everton maybe but feels like we are standing still whilst other teams ambitions grow

Begs the question when are we going to start spending food and drink money on players? I'm not by any means saying transfer fee guarentes success but feels like even the newly promoted teams are spending more then us now.

Likes of West Ham starting to spend 30m plus a couple of seasons ago don't think that there was that money clubs outside top 6 that was willing to spend more then us, Everton maybe but feels like we are standing still whilst other teams ambitions grow

If we didn't do it when we had £65m to spend, certainly can't see us doing it anytime soon.

I was with my customer up in Wolverhampton yesterday, all the lads working there are getting giddy and can’t wait for August. Apparently their owner ain’t short of a bob or two and happy to live the dream, I guess when an alledged £10 billion drops into your pocket in the last year, the current silly football money is small change rattling round down the side of the sofa!

The latest rumour that was doing the rounds up in those parts yesterday, and being taken with a pinch of salt was......you’ll love this and think it’s 1st April...........Rashford on loan!!!

:D

During a training session they were attacked by their own fans and several of the players sustained injuries. It was an attack was by their own fans and newspapers have been reporting it was their former president who ordered the attack because he was dissatisfied with their performances at the end of the season.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2776584-attack-on-sporting-what-drove-lisbon-fans-to-violence-against-their-own-team.amp.html

I don't think this will set a precedent that can be used everytime a player is unhappy.

Newcastle move for Japanese striker.

NEWCASTLE AGREE MUTO DEAL

Newcastle have agreed a deal with Mainz to sign striker Yoshinori Muto for £9.5m, according to Sky sources.

The 25-year-old Japanese striker is currently on a flight from Germany to Newcastle after they agreed a fee with Mainz.

Muto player for Japan in the World Cup in Russia.

During a training session they were attacked by their own fans and several of the players sustained injuries. It was an attack was by their own fans and newspapers have been reporting it was their former president who ordered the attack because he was dissatisfied with their performances at the end of the season.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2776584-attack-on-sporting-what-drove-lisbon-fans-to-violence-against-their-own-team.amp.html

I don't think this will set a precedent that can be used everytime a player is unhappy.

On that basis half the west ham team could just walk out after the troubles at their stadium last season. There is no way sporting can just let them go it will almost certainly end up in a legal mess.

Fulham's business is decent.

jg1_1399300schurrle.jpg?w=300&h=400

I seem to remember most were impressed by the loans of Sanches and Krywsiack last year, they didn't turn out too well. These ofcasts of bigger clubs are not always the best idea.

He should at least know the league well though.

Didn't Schar just have an awful season as Deporivo were relegated....?

Yeah. No idea where his inflated reputation on here comes from. Deportivo conceded more goals than anyone else and Schär was even dropped twice, once after a 5-0 defeat to Sociedad and again after a 3-0 defeat to Getafe.

Yeah. No idea where his inflated reputation on here comes from. Deportivo conceded more goals than anyone else and Schär was even dropped twice, once after a 5-0 defeat to Sociedad and again after a 3-0 defeat to Getafe.

Precisely, all our transfers are ordinary and all other clubs a top players..... apparently