Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

Fulham about to sign Calum Chambers on loan.

A very good signing for Fulham. Arguably better than all of our CB's. Could have provided RB cover also.

Shouldn't we at least put in a note of interest? I know it would be difficult to land him, as another London club have offered, so less disruption to his home life ... but I feel we should try to get him.

maybe he dosent want to come back cause Les let him go too easilly in the first place?

That is a daft idea, why would he be annoyed at moving from Southampton to Arsenal? He was more than likely delighted to do so and if he really didn't want to go no-one was holding a gun to his head forcing him to sign a contract.

Saints have not for quite a few years helped other clubs develop their players. It doesn't benefit us long term.

Agreed. Our model is to buy them, take all the risks and if they do prove themselves well sell to top 6. If they fail we get stuck or sometimes give them payrises

So we do develop players for other clubs just in a more costly way.

Saints have not for quite a few years helped other clubs develop their players. It doesn't benefit us long term.

What are you on about? No ones talking about ‘developing’ him. He’s 23 not 17. The question is would he improve the 1st team where we are desperately short of quality at CB and options at RB and the answer is an unequivocal yes.

What are you on about? No ones talking about ‘developing’ him. He’s 23 not 17. The question is would he improve the 1st team where we are desperately short of quality at CB and options at RB and the answer is an unequivocal yes.

A loaned player is not your player... you are developing him for another club. How many recent examples can you think of that?

Have we really sunk this low? People are actually envious of signing Calum Chambers on loan. I'm not against us loaning someone in principal, so long as they're good enough to play for us. I bet if we were offered the chance to 'develop' Mbappe, nobody would be complaining that we're getting mugged off developing PSGs players.

On a different note, I see Courtois has come over all Virgil and wants out of Chelsea.

A loaned player is not your player... you are developing him for another club. How many recent examples can you think of that?

You could argue the millions of pounds we pump into the academy each year has been developing players for other League One / Two clubs in recent seasons, bar minimal exceptions...

Have we really sunk this low? People are actually envious of signing Calum Chambers on loan. I'm not against us loaning someone in principal, so long as they're good enough to play for us. I bet if we were offered the chance to 'develop' Mbappe, nobody would be complaining that we're getting mugged off developing PSGs players.

On a different note, I see Courtois has come over all Virgil and wants out of Chelsea.

That is indeed rather sad and depressing.

No Mbappe too slow for Saints....

I think we may have.

'Boro target Bolasie.

BORO CHASE BOLASIE

Middlesbrough have launched an ambitious move for Everton winger Yannick Bolasie, Sky Sports News understands.

The 29-year-old is surplus to requirements at Goodison Park and is available for around £15m, despite joining the Toffees two years ago for £26m.

Boro boss Tony Pulis knows Bolasie from his time as manager of Crystal Palace.

We understand the DR Congo international is also interesting former club Palace and Burnley, but Boro have money to spend after selling Ben Gibson and Patrick Bamford for a combined £25m this week.

Burnley back for J-Rod.

BURNLEY BACK IN J-ROD HUNT

Sky Sports News understands Burnley will make an improved £18m offer to West Brom for striker Jay Rodriguez later today.

Sean Dyche is becoming increasingly frustrated by the situation and wants a new striker in before the deadline - it's thought Rodriguez is keen on a move back to the Premier League in his home town, but is prepared to stay and try to get Albion back into the top division if a deal can’t be done.

Burnley / Derby swap talk:

BURNLEY & DERBY IN VYDRA-WELLS SWAP TALKS

Burnley and Derby are in talks over a possible deal that will see the Clarets sign Matej Vydra and Nahki Wells join the Rams the other way, according to Sky sources.

We understand both players are set to do medicals at their respective potential new clubs later on Tuesday.

Brighton linked with a move to take Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea. They've brought in a lot of new faces but I can't work out whether they've upgraded their team or they're stockpiling mediocrity (like us?).

They've bought well and will finish above us, sadly

The only money we have spent is a portion of Van dyke money , the only teams we can compete with in the transfer market now are Cardiff and sadly Huddersfield ! So much for the next level ?????

Bournemouth now above our level.

Reckon we are going down and on the face of it, deservedly so