Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

I don't know the first thing about that player but I bet he turns out to be a dreadful signing.
But that doesn't matter! We have to go into meltdown because they've spent more than us!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Drama queens are in full flow I see.

Drama queens ? No just making a statement , we all know we desperately need a new striker ? It's either Gao's not got a pot to **** in or he doesn't trust Wilson or Reed to spend his money .Any way with out a fresh face up front we will not get enough goals .Hopefully I will be proven wrong ! But if relegated I will still be there unlike many of the happy clapped !

I don't know the first thing about that player but I bet he turns out to be a dreadful signing.
Headbutted Henderson at the world cup, so has a good temperament.

Can see it being a poor signing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Drama queens ? No just making a statement , we all know we desperately need a new striker ? It's either Gao's not got a pot to **** in or he doesn't trust Wilson or Reed to spend his money .Any way with out a fresh face up front we will not get enough goals .Hopefully I will be proven wrong ! But if relegated I will still be there unlike many of the happy clapped !

So it's nothing to do with the Chinese government putting restrictions on taking money out of China then? Gao's money (what he has) is tied up in China, that's what delayed his purchase of Saints until he had funding in place sourced from outside of China. And hat will stop him investing further at the moment. What happens when those restrictions are lifted remains to be seen.

So it's nothing to do with the Chinese government putting restrictions on taking money out of China then? Gao's money (what he has) is tied up in China, that's what delayed his purchase of Saints until he had funding in place sourced from outside of China. And hat will stop him investing further at the moment. What happens when those restrictions are lifted remains to be seen.

Hopefully that Might happen ? But that's a big if ! There was lots of doubt about Gao from the Premier league and others, the total bull about the next level from Kruger and Katrina has materialized .As I said earlier we cannot compete with the majority of league in the transfer market .If you standstill 8n this league it will catch up with you ! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I proven wrong and a decent proven goal scorers is brought in ?

Bournemouth spend £25m (!) on Lerma.

8174191.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

Interesting analysis on the radio today with Peter Coates. He pointed to this transfer and another of B'mouths and said that they have spent £40m on 2 players that cost minor Spanish clubs £1.5m two years ago. IE just because they spend big, doesn't mean that they are necessarily any good, just that the PL inflates prices to stooopid levels. Personally I am happier spending £7m on Armstrong.

Edited by angelman

One of my favourite players to watch and was very envious of Everon signing him, but game based on pace, power and tricks. If the pace has not returned after the terrible injury/operation then that limits him massively. If it has, then don't understand why Everton would want to sell.

Wolves closing in on Traore.

Every time I have seen him he has impressed me. I know a few on here have said he doesn't do it, but I just see a player that makes things happen. He can genuinely beat a man...boy are we short of that attribute. Personally I think he is exactly what we need. It will be interesting to see how he and Mo fair. Similar price, similar position. I think Traore will have a similar impact as Michael Antonio.

One of my favourite players to watch and was very envious of Everon signing him, but game based on pace, power and tricks. If the pace has not returned after the terrible injury/operation then that limits him massively. If it has, then don't understand why Everton would want to sell.

Each to his own. All he ever had was pace, and Everton massively overpaid imo for a player with 9 goals in 90 PL games - £25m was a lot of money all the way back in 2016. Clearly his injury has had a massive impact, and that is sad.

Every time I have seen him he has impressed me. I know a few on here have said he doesn't do it, but I just see a player that makes things happen. He can genuinely beat a man...boy are we short of that attribute. Personally I think he is exactly what we need. It will be interesting to see how he and Mo fair. Similar price, similar position. I think Traore will have a similar impact as Michael Antonio.

Bolasie #2??? :)

Clubs paying over the odds on the Colombian chaps on the basis of a decent world cup. Worked well when Liverpool bought all the Senegalese team that time...

To be fair to Bournemouth, I remember them being linked with Lerma just prior to the World Cup.

Each to his own. All he ever had was pace, and Everton massively overpaid imo for a player with 9 goals in 90 PL games - £25m was a lot of money all the way back in 2016. Clearly his injury has had a massive impact, and that is sad.

Bolasie #2??? :)

I'd take Bolasie in his last season at Palace for £25m every day of the week. He was tremendous - cut teams to ribbons.

Everyone keeps pointing to our lack of strikers, but its the supply that is the issue. Bolasie #1 from 2016 with Treore on the other side would offer the much needed pace if nothing else. Hopefully Mo proves to be top notch out wide. we certainly need him to be.

Edited by Chez

George Lawrence MkII imo. Beats a man but then slices it into the stands or goes down a blind alley. Same with Bolasie.

George Lawrence MkII imo. Beats a man but then slices it into the stands or goes down a blind alley. Same with Bolasie.

after two years of almost non existent entertainment, brilliant game at Anfield apart, I'd be more than happy to see a Saints player actually beat a man, and get me out of my seat.

The row z part might be right, but at least i'd of seen something positive. Loved Chicken George, loved Antonio and would have loved those two as well.

Edited by Chez

He is a skilful player but his problem has always been his lack of goals. He improved a lot in the 2nd half of last season and started scoring a few. If he can maintain the form he showed this year in the Championship, he could be useful. We have to remember though that he never scored when he played in the Premier League before and we already have too many goal shy forwards in our squad. Traoré sets up goals with his crosses but, being realsitic, do we have anyone who can score from them?

Yep, he was pretty dreadful by all accounts until Pulis went there and started working with him. Blinding pace but no end product, never got his head up. By the end of the season teams were rotational fouling him, ending up with several players in the book because it was the only way they could stop him. Not sure whether that half a season of good coaching is enough of a platform, or whether Santo will continue to develop him, but will be interesting. He finally started to live up to his potential and immediately jumps ship. I know it is to a better team/league but it's not always the right decision for your long term career.

He is a skilful player but his problem has always been his lack of goals. He improved a lot in the 2nd half of last season and started scoring a few. If he can maintain the form he showed this year in the Championship, he could be useful. We have to remember though that he never scored when he played in the Premier League before and we already have too many goal shy forwards in our squad. Traoré sets up goals with his crosses but, being realsitic, do we have anyone who can score from them?

yes. Austin needs two wide men beating people and getting to the byeline. He is effective in the box, but needs chances laid on for him. I'd say Gabbi two. Goalscorers tend to finish things off. What have our strikers had to finish off in recent times? the supply is the issue.

yes. Austin needs two wide men beating people and getting to the byeline. He is effective in the box, but needs chances laid on for him. I'd say Gabbi two. Goalscorers tend to finish things off. What have our strikers had to finish off in recent times? the supply is the issue.

Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely THIS. Not sure how people don't see it. There's only so many times Gabbi can check his run before he ends up straying offside or running into traffic, because the player with the ball has taken soooooo long to release the pass. No one passes it first time anymore for us, it's always two or three touches first which just kills a striker that relies on his brain more than his legs, like Austin or Gabbi.

Look at most of Gabbi's goals for us - near post flick in the cup final, bouncing ball in the box in the cup final, rebound from a long distance shot vs. Watford, bouncing ball in the box vs. Swansea away, bouncing ball in the box vs. Burnley away. He is brilliant in the box, but if the ball is never in the box then he may as well sit in the stands.

after two years of almost non existent entertainment, brilliant game at Anfield apart, I'd be more than happy to see a Saints player actually beat a man, and get me out of my seat.

The row z part might be right, but at least i'd of seen something positive. Loved Chicken George, loved Antonio and would have loved those two as well.

Last season until Hughes I grant you, but under Puel there was some good football. We just couldn't put the ball in the net. The game at St Marys against Liverpool in the first leg of the league cup, we tore them a new one, but again we didn't take our chances. I recall Saints playing a video on the screen of the Tin Man when he joined. That whet the appetite until he turned up Lol

Last season until Hughes I grant you, but under Puel there was some good football. We just couldn't put the ball in the net. The game at St Marys against Liverpool in the first leg of the league cup, we tore them a new one, but again we didn't take our chances. I recall Saints playing a video on the screen of the Tin Man when he joined. That whet the appetite until he turned up Lol

Don't think it's accurate to say "we just couldn't put the ball in the net". There was some pretty dire football at times. But, I do agree that now and again we played decent stuff and there were definitely some positives (as well as negatives) during Puel's reign. Unlike last season which was horrific almost from the moment it started until Hughes arrived.

The one good thing that the appointment of Pellegrino showed was how good a manager Puel really was.

Don't think it's accurate to say "we just couldn't put the ball in the net". There was some pretty dire football at times. But, I do agree that now and again we played decent stuff and there were definitely some positives (as well as negatives) during Puel's reign. Unlike last season which was horrific almost from the moment it started until Hughes arrived.
I agree, but a dire 0-0 becomes a decent game if you manage to make it 1-0. All those 0-0 justmade us frustrated,but I think you will find we made lots of chances and so the players , fans got frustrated and it built to crisis. Anyway Puel is gone and it is disappointing for ME that we didn't see progress another season of him would have got us.

Bernard is in Liverpool now having his medical, excellent business on a Free.

Dominic King

‏Verified account @DominicKing_DM

It's going to be a busy end to the window for @Everton... aside from Bernard and Mina, they are also trying to do a deal for ANDRE GOMES. Not clear whether it is loan or permanent as yet but he's wanted to come to PL for some time.

I think Wolves are on course to win this window....

Close to signing Leander Dendonker and Zinchenko ahead of tomorrow.

Add that to Moutinho, Jiminez, Jota, Patrico, Bolly, Johnny. And they already have Neves and Helder Costa....

Exciting times to be a Wolves fan for sure!

Dendonker is a player I would have liked us to have been in for, especially at the figure now mentioned in the Wolves article on BBC £12m.

Then again our last Belgian international signed from Anderlecht wasn't a roaring success, Van Damme, so maybe he won't live up to expectation.

I think Wolves are on course to win this window....

Close to signing Leander Dendonker and Zinchenko ahead of tomorrow.

Add that to Moutinho, Jiminez, Jota, Patrico, Bolly, Johnny. And they already have Neves and Helder Costa....

Exciting times to be a Wolves fan for sure!

Out of interest does anyone know how many of their signings are clients of Jorge Mendes. Seems like we should be looking to find a super agent to be an advisor to our club..

This so called restriction by the Chinese government has not affected Wolves buying players ? Owned by a Chinese consortium Fusion ???