Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

West Ham club record deal close.

West Ham have agreed a club-record deal in the region of £35m for Lazio midfielder Felipe Anderson, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News reported earlier on Thursday that there were some other terms still to be finalised – and we understand those have now been agreed.

The 25-year old is expected to fly to London today to complete a medical – personal terms are not expected be a problem.

Should get his pay off though and he'll get plenty of job offers.

They were trying to force him out without paying off his contract, hoping he'd jump ship, so fair play to him sticking it out and forcing their hand.

Fulham join Zinchenko hunt.

He's the sort of player I'd be looking at to replace Boufal. Promising young midfielder who can't get into a top 6 side.

On another topic, Andy Carroll has supposedly ruptured his ACL, so we're just waiting for Wilshere and Sturridge to complete the holy trinity.

On another topic, Andy Carroll has supposedly ruptured his ACL, so we're just waiting for Wilshere and Sturridge to complete the holy trinity.

By falling over and landing awkwardly after a drunken night out......

that's what I've read...

Tried to climb a balcony to get back into his room whilst away with West Ham on a pre season tour.

He was late and been drinking apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read it. Him and Winston Reid were out on the pop and tried sneaking back into the hotel

#Lad

They spent that Vestergaard money quickly! Plea heads to Germany

Borussia Monchengladbach have signed Alassane Plea from Nice.

He had been attracting interest from Newcastle, Fulham and West Ham in the Premier League.

The €25million transfer fee is a Gladbach club record.

Bit frustrating Fulham come up and smash us on spending like that

I'm really glad that we haven't (although that might be just because we haven't). I am not a fan of the way football is these days. Those that spend the most win. If you have a problem you go out and buy a ready made replacement. What happens to bringing players on through from lower leagues or your own academies? I guess we aren't really that different from others, just not with such a record transfer.

But if you can't beat them....

I'm really glad that we haven't (although that might be just because we haven't). I am not a fan of the way football is these days. Those that spend the most win. If you have a problem you go out and buy a ready made replacement. What happens to bringing players on through from lower leagues or your own academies? I guess we aren't really that different from others, just not with such a record transfer.

But if you can't beat them....

Did you miss Burnley finishing seventh last season then above Everton and Leicester? Or Huddersfield staying up but Stoke, WBA going down?

Between 7th - 20th it certainly not as easy as whoever spends the most wins.

For anyone in any doubt that Marco Silva would have brought entertainment to St Mary’s, Everton are currently winning a preseason game in Austria 20-0 :lol:

Finished 22-0

Edited by SKD

For anyone in any doubt that Marco Silva would have brought entertainment to St Mary’s, Everton are currently winning a preseason game in Austria 20-0 :lol:

Finished 22-0

No idea what benefit these sort of games have on teams tbh.

No idea what benefit these sort of games have on teams tbh.

Couldn’t tell you the standard of their opposition. From a quick google it looks like they may be German 4th division (happy to be corrected on that). Regardless, 22-0 is very impressive - a team to watch out for next season I suspect.

Couldn’t tell you the standard of their opposition. From a quick google it looks like they may be German 4th division (happy to be corrected on that). Regardless, 22-0 is very impressive - a team to watch out for next season I suspect.

I remember the season we beat some random Swedish teams 15 or whatever nill. And we were relegated.

Honestly can’t come to any judgements to be honest, other than wondering how much a big win against a pub team really prepares them.

We thought we had a decent pre-season last season, beating Saint-Étienne 3-0 and Sevilla 2-0. Pre-season results mean zilch.

Actually that's nonsense. If you go back and watch the Saint Etienne game, we were very poor first half (I actually suggested selling VVD to get some attacking talent). Things changed when both teams made loads of changes second half and we scored with nearly every shot during a small purple patch. But that's it. Sevilla was a borefest where we created little and Jack Stephens scored from a lucky set piece. And who can forget Augsburg.

We thought we had a decent pre-season last season, beating Saint-Étienne 3-0 and Sevilla 2-0. Pre-season results mean zilch.

Disagree that they mean zilch. I think you have to take everything into context. Early games will be everyone getting game time, the latter games will be a better indication.

Disagree that they mean zilch. I think you have to take everything into context. Early games will be everyone getting game time, the latter games will be a better indication.
That's kind of true but from memory we had a decent pre season under portvliet and people were predicting we would absolutely storm the championship. Didn't really work out...

That's kind of true but from memory we had a decent pre season under portvliet and people were predicting we would absolutely storm the championship. Didn't really work out...

Is that when we thought playing pub sides from Scandinavia was a good idea?

For anyone in any doubt that Marco Silva would have brought entertainment to St Mary’s, Everton are currently winning a preseason game in Austria 20-0 [emoji38]

Finished 22-0

Just means that they have pitched their pre-season friendly at far too low a level. Just as well of beasted them with a beep test and a 10 miler, would've been much more beneficial.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I remember the season we beat some random Swedish teams 15 or whatever nill. And we were relegated.

Honestly can’t come to any judgements to be honest, other than wondering how much a big win against a pub team really prepares them.

I think that was the season before, the Burley/Gorman/Dodd/Pearson season. Players like Euell and Licka scoring about 4 each, such pointless games.

If I am right, we went through all that and lost our opening game 4-1 at home to Palace, when it turned out having no defenders in the squad doesn't mean you win every game 5-4.

I said we struggle last summer after watching some of the pre-season games .... only to be told you can't predict anything with pre-season games.

I said we struggle last summer after watching some of the pre-season games .... only to be told you can't predict anything with pre-season games.

Having thought for years that preseason was meaningless, am increasingly of the view that it is instructive. Consider the trip to China: are people saying that the mistakes Stephens and Hoedt have made are going to disappear by the time the new season rolls around?

Having thought for years that preseason was meaningless, am increasingly of the view that it is instructive. Consider the trip to China: are people saying that the mistakes Stephens and Hoedt have made are going to disappear by the time the new season rolls around?

Well, thank you for that cheery thought!;-) Thank goodness we've still got Yoshi, Bednarek and Vestergaard to come in.

Performances give an indication, yes. But I don't think the actual results tell you much.

I'll make a prediction - Everton will get off to a superb start, Silva will be lauded, and it will go tits up by Christmas.

If Silva can, this time around, sustain a team's performances for more than a handful of months then I am happy for this to be quoted and for me to eat my hat.

On a slightly related note, has anyone seen Watford's new home kit?? Awful IMO, doesn't suit them at all.

Lol jumpers for goal posts and a kick about in the park

or a managerial and tactical masterpiece.... ???

I wonder

Didn't Everton have the second Messiah, the world's greatest, one Ronald Koeman?? Is Silva the third Messiah?

They won 22-0 yesterday. Amazing how Silva has transformed them into such a free scoring unit in such short a time.