Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

#DildoBrosWatch

GOLD PROMISES PELLERGRINI FUNDS

David Gold says West Ham plan to provide new manager Manuel Pellegrini with more transfer funds this summer than in any previous transfer window.

Pellegrini was confirmed as Hammers boss on Tuesday and immediately targeted "four or five" new signings to ensure no repeat of last season's relegation struggle.

Gold and fellow joint-chairman David Sullivan have come under fire for a perceived lack of spending in the past, but the 81-year-old has promised to splash the cash with Pellegrini already putting together his wish list.

"He's working on it right now, that's why he's been brought in," Gold told talkSPORT.

"He's identified the positions he feels we need to strengthen, and it's up to him now to tell us the players and we'll do everything we can to bring them in.

"You can't put a figure on it because you don't know which players are going to leave and that will add to the kitty, but what I can assure everyone is we will probably spend more money in this window than we've spent in any window in the past.

Nice signing. Was very good last season.

WOLVES CLOSE ON BOLY

Wolves are close to completing a deal to sign Porto defender Willy Boly on a permanent basis, according to Sky sources.

The 27-year-old spent last season on loan at Molineux and helped them to promotion to the Premier League as winners of the Sky Bet Championship.

Sky Sports News understands Wolves have triggered an option to sign Boly for a fee in the region of £10m.

Boly scored three goals in 36 appearances, earning himself a place in the PFA’s Championship team of the season.

The Frenchman will become Wolves’ first signing of the summer.

Spurs signup the manager they already had.

Probably because other top European Teams were interested

Not many top European Teams interested in Hughes in fact probably no top English sides interested in Hughes

So with Fabinho joining and Fekir linked,does this push poor Nivea closer to the exit door?
Don't think so, Klopp loves him and he was excellent has season.

If anyone, Clyne is probably a way off being a regular.

Don't think so, Klopp loves him and he was excellent has season.

If anyone, Clyne is probably a way off being a regular.

Do you mean to say excellent last season? He was injured most of it and when he came back he looked off the pace

I think you're allowed to strengthen more than one position.

Emre Can out, Fabinho in. That's a great upgrade.

They want the Roma goalie, but they want £60m or so for him, to make up for what they perceive as Salah being too cheap. They also want to sign Fekir. And sooner or later, they'll have no English players in their match day team.

I think you're allowed to strengthen more than one position.

Emre Can out, Fabinho in. That's a great upgrade.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Remember they are also buying Naby Keita this summer for like £60 million, so that's like £100 million on centre-mids.

Remember they are also buying Naby Keita this summer for like £60 million, so that's like £100 million on centre-mids.

TBF, if they nail that position, and get a top keeper in, they could well win the league next year....they have the strike force, and now the defence.....

TBF, if they nail that position, and get a top keeper in, they could well win the league next year....they have the strike force, and now the defence.....

Still think city are the better side though. I reckon city are going to dominate the league for the next few years with Pep.

Can't see it. Soon as they start getting near the top, they will lose players to Barca etc.

It's not even the end of May and we've already had;

"Why do Saints take longer than everyone else to sort deals out, FFS!?"

and

"Next season is going to be Liverpool's year!"

It's a long summer, we need to save a few cliches for later.

Plus whatever Roma can get out of them for their goalkeeper. £50m?? Plus Fekir maybe for £60m. So that would be say about £200m. The PL has well and truly become a joke about who can spend the most. Their used to be a taunt about buying the league. Now it is demanded by fans that it is done.

Defence is not that good, Trent AA is error prone at right back, Lovren is still a disaster waiting to happen in defence.

Plus as someone above says they'll get raided, easily one of Mane, Salah or Firminho could get poached by Real, Barca, PSG etc.

They'll spend like £200 million on players still finish behind City and Liverpool fans will claim City bought the league.

Defence is not that good, Trent AA is error prone at right back, Lovren is still a disaster waiting to happen in defence.

Plus as someone above says they'll get raided, easily one of Mane, Salah or Firminho could get poached by Real, Barca, PSG etc.

They'll spend like £200 million on players still finish behind City and Liverpool fans will claim City bought the league.

Also never write off a Mourinho side to bore themselves above Liverpool.

Pony. You’d be creaming your pants if he’d come through our academy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eh?

Do you actually watch football? I am not saying he isn't a good prospect, but he's very far from the finished article and still will be next year, he's got plenty of mistakes in him and needs more time to develop and get experience.

Plus clap clap they finally produced a decent talent that actually makes it into the first team, first one since what Gerrard? hardly like it's an achievement.

----------------------------------------------

If they get who they are expected to get their spend over the last 3 windows is going to push £350 million, if they don't win the league they have failed IMO.

Can't see it. Soon as they start getting near the top, they will lose players to Barca etc.

Agree with this, although I'm surprised there aren't more noises about the "giant teams" being interested in Salah and Mané.

Oh, and Liverpool were recently linked to perennial Saints-HCDAJFU stalwart Hakim Ziyech, although now it looks as if he's off to Roma. I hate to say it, because I hate them, but Liverpool are making the right noises in the transfer market. I just keep hoping the other top 6 keep getting stronger and frustrate them.

No surprise to see teams wanting J-Rod.

TOP-FLIGHT CLUBS KEEN ON £20M RODRIGUEZ

Burnley and Bournemouth are interested in signing West Brom striker Jay Rodriguez, SSN understands, following the Baggies’ relegation from the Premier League.

West Ham and Palace are also keen on the striker, and are monitoring developments, we’ve been told.

But the Baggies will not sell Rodriguez on the cheap - he scored 11 times last season in all competitions, in a team that managed only 31 goals in 38 Premier League games. He still has three years left on his West Brom contract, after joining from Southampton for £12m last summer.

It’s thought any bid for the player would have to be worth more than £20m for Albion to be interested.

Certainly think it was a bit careless of us last year letting him go, north of £20m is fair for him, really good player who works his arse off.

I like him, but he wanted to go and he (or his father) had been agitating for a move. £12m was a fair price given his post injury contribution. I though it represented a bit of a punt by WBA (imagine the meltdown on here if the roles had been reversed), and they'll do well to get back what they paid imo.

I like him, but he wanted to go and he (or his father) had been agitating for a move. £12m was a fair price given his post injury contribution. I though it represented a bit of a punt by WBA (imagine the meltdown on here if the roles had been reversed), and they'll do well to get back what they paid imo.

Do agree that it was time for him to leave, but can't help but feel we should have given him more of a chance under Puel, he only seemed to get the odd game, and when he started he showed he can still do it (Bompey away). Turned out ok for both parties, but I'd take him back right now.

SSN: Afobe to Wolves?

WOLVES TO TRIGGER £12.5M AFOBE RELEASE CLAUSE

Wolves are set to trigger Benik Afobe’s £12.5m release clause, allowing the Bournemouth striker to return to Molineux on a permanent deal.

SSN understands talks are at an advanced stage for Afobe, who scored six goals in seven starts after signing on loan for the Championship winners in January.

Bournemouth paid Wolves a then club record fee of £10m for Afobe in January 2016.

Josh King leaving, probably Poole Towns best player. Rift with Howe.

Would be a great addition, espcially if we let Gabbi go.

Could look to do a deal with Long the other way (+ ££ obviously)... bmouth were one of the clubs long/his agent spoke to last summer.

It is crazy really. They paid £10m for him, he became a backup player and then surplus. Goes out on loan to the NPC.

And is now worth more than they paid for him.

They'll be laughing.

Even though he only signed for him a few years ago, the market for players has increased considerably since then so the fact he was signed for £10m doesn't mean much. They're probably selling him for £8m in 'old' money terms now for £12.5m.

That's why the clubs that buy players and send them on loan prosper - those players don't even need to do well they just need to exist and clubs make decent profits on them.