Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

So West Ham have signed Diop for £22.5m and Fabianski for £7.5m. Signed Wishere on a free, so likely wages far in excess of £100k a week, and also Ryan Fredericks on a free. They're wanting to sign Anderson for £40m and lots of others at £25m. Added to this they want excessive amounts for the players they are trying to sell. Who is costing these transfers, is it David Dildo's son - the tweeting tw.at Jack?

You forgot Yarmolenko @ £17.5m ;)

So West Ham have signed Diop for £22.5m and Fabianski for £7.5m. Signed Wishere on a free, so likely wages far in excess of £100k a week, and also Ryan Fredericks on a free. They're wanting to sign Anderson for £40m and lots of others at £25m. Added to this they want excessive amounts for the players they are trying to sell. Who is costing these transfers, is it David Dildo's son - the tweeting tw.at Jack?

Their expenditure is low because they use the tax payer stadium on the cheap

The new WH shirt has HMRC on the front

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Everton looking at Quincy Promes?

EVERTON are looking into a potential deal for Dutch winger Quincy Promes.

Promes is currently on the books at Russian club Spartak Moscow and has previously been linked with a switch to Everton’s Merseyside rivals Liverpool.

But he could now be heading to the blue half of the city instead, with new Toffees boss Marco Silva a big fan of the wide man.

The Sun on Sunday reported the news yesterday, adding director of football at Goodison Park, Marcel Brands, knows the player well from his time in Dutch football with PSV Eindhoven.

Everton could be forced to spend big to get him though, with a £30m fee mooted for the 26-year-old.

The club are yet to make a signing this summer, but have offloaded defender Ramiro Funes Mori to Villarreal and attacking ace Wayne Rooney to MLS side DC United.

Silva revealed in June that he’s not expecting many changes to the squad.

He said: “I don't want, and the club doesn't need, to sign a big number of players.

“It's not what we need to do, we need to sort out the number of players first and then be assertive and attack the market, take the right decisions and sign the right players for us to come here to improve our squad.

"We have 38 players in our squad at this moment, we have to take the right decisions but what me and Marcel will try to do is start the pre-season with a normal number of players, working for what we want, for the first Premier League match."

Everton have until August 9 to complete all their summer shopping.

Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/715251/Everton-transfer-news-Quincy-Promes-Marco-Silva-deal-update-latest

Edited by SuperSAINT

Don't forget they don't have to pay for a stadium...that helps...!

This is what West Ham do every season, profess interest in every decent semi-available player in Europe at £35m+, then sign an old has-been on a free and get in Joe Hart on loan because nobody wants to move to West Ham and they were never intending to spend £35m on anybody.

When even Palace are apparently looking to pay more than £100k a week, the world has gone mad.

He pretty much singlehandedly kept them up, based on their points per game if he had been available all season for them they would have finished 7th.

---------------------------

West Ham and Everton seem to be linked to everyone, it's quite pleasing we seem to be securing our targets fairly early whilst they are floundering about for everyone.

'Cost cutting' at Bournemouth?

Bournemouth lose key member of management staff due to 'cost cutting'

Eddie Howe has lost a key member of his management team because of a cash crisis at Bournemouth, writes John Cross.

Highly-respected coach John Yems, who has been with Howe and his assistant Jason Tindall for the last six years, has been told the club can no longer afford to keep him.

Yems, 58, has been Bournemouth’s football operations manager and, despite Howe fighting to keep him, the Premier League club told him it was for financial reasons.

Bournemouth’s players have returned to pre-season with some shocked that Yems has left.

It will be a major worry for Bournemouth fans that the club is having to make cutbacks and that Howe lacked enough power to keep one of his most trusted lieutenants.

Bournemouth, owned by Russian businessman Maxim Demin, finished 12th in their third consecutive top flight campaign but the Vitality Stadium only holds 11,450.

Yems said: “The owner has always been fantastic with me, I’ve still got a very strong relationship with Max and I class it more as a friendship.

“The disappointing thing is with the people who do the day-to-day running of the club and how they’ve handled it after my six years of loyal service.

“To be told there’s no money for the position anymore is hard for me to take considering what I’ve given for the club.

“We’ve taken the club up through the divisions, we’re part of a management structure and you don’t expect to be told it’s a financial thing by a Premier League club.”

Yems is described by the club’s website as having a “wealth of football knowledge and contacts” and has been promoted out of every division, having been assistant manager at Exeter before Bournemouth.

Ex-Crawley Town boss Yems joined Bournemouth with Howe and Tindall and played a key role in bringing them back to the club in 2012 after they had a brief spell at Burnley.

But the trio have now been broken up with the departure of Yems who is keen to stay in the game and has built up a reputation as an outstanding coach and scout.

I’ve said all along , they are heading for a fall even worse than The Skates

It seems strange to get rid of a coach when he probably earns less in a year than Defoe does in a week. Defoe is supposedly on £20m over 3 years (inc signing on fee) is utter madness. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/23/jermain-defoe-to-join-bournemouth-20m-three-year-deal

Obviously they will replace him, So where will they spend the money? Hazard? Neymar? Salah? MBappe? Could be the transfer that kick starts the market?
They're going to buy Lemina they're going to buy Lemina they're going to buy Lemina they're going to buy Lemina they're going to buy Lemina they're going to buy Lemina they're

Obviously they will replace him, So where will they spend the money? Hazard? Neymar? Salah? MBappe? Could be the transfer that kick starts the market?

Mbappe wants to play for Real and PSG can’t afford to exercise their £160m option on his loan due to FFP. Would seem the best choice to replace Ronaldo for the next 10+ years at a net £100m-ish cost

Mbappe wants to play for Real and PSG can’t afford to exercise their £160m option on his loan due to FFP. Would seem the best choice to replace Ronaldo for the next 10+ years at a net £100m-ish cost

Also didn’t Neydive have a ding dong with MBappe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tick tock. Worth remembering that PL window closes on August 9th, quite some time earlier than on the continent who are the traditional August 31st.

I’ve said all along , they are heading for a fall even worse than The Skates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their stadium isn’t actually theirs either, IIRC? Heard they were looking to build a new one but arguably harder to stay in the league than it was for us when the Dell went all seater in the 1990s. More to the point, at least we weren’t paying rent on our lovable old shed either!

Could be a disgruntled ex employee but I’ve wondered how they’ve bought the players they have on a ground not much bigger than Exeter’s when it’s finished.

The stronger Man C get the less likely Liverpool are of winning the league

I support good players joining Man City.

For once, you have posted something that I find amusing (and agree with).

But **** me, City spending is just really very silly. What is it now? A net spend of £600m over the last 5 seasons (inc this one)

I` m getting worried for Everton it seems all the trumpeted ambition is turning into a badly played recorder....

Perhaps all the money has been spent on compensation...

I think quality over quantity is their mantra this summer.

Something like 38 players on their books. They need to shift a fair few.

how is that mad? he is their star player and a bloody good one at that

Agreed. Its the only way to keep your star players. Pay them what they can get elsewhere, or at least try your best to. I thought we should have signed him when we were promoted and I have a feeling that Adkins tried to, but he was too expensive. He was easily the best prospect from the championship at the time and the fact we doubled up on him at Selhurst Park told me how much Adkins rated him at that time.

I still wonder whether Nik Nak would have given the likes of Shaw and Lallana the £100k a week they got elsewhere, given free reign, and whether that would have kept them here?

Edited by Chez

Plea to Gladbach imminent?

Alassane Pléa is travelling to Germany; will complete Gladbach move tomorrow

OGC Nice striker Alassane Pléa is currently travelling to Germany where he will soon complete a move to Bundesliga side Gladbach.

The deal brokered by the two sides will see €25m including bonuses change hands.

He will sign a 5-year contract with the German outfit after rejecting Premier League offers which would have seen him earn more money.

Source: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/alassane-plea-is-travelling-to-germany-will-complete-gladbach-move-tomorrow/

Seri to Fulham? (Hell of a coup if they can seal it)

Fulham close in on Seri

Fulham are closing in on the £35million signing of Nice midfielder Jean-Michael Seri.

Newly-promoted Fulham have agreed to meet the Ivory Coast international’s release clause and the deal is expected to be concluded by the weekend.

Seri attracted interest from a host of clubs across Europe, but Fulham acted swiftly to secure the 26-year-old, whose release clause is understood to expire on Sunday.

The cultured midfielder will become the Whites’ first signing of the summer if the south-west London club can get the deal over the line.

Fulham currently have the smallest squad in the Premier League, and parted company with right-back Ryan Fredericks in June, with the former Tottenham star putting pen to paper on a four-year deal with West Ham.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Lyon open talks for Ziyech

Lyon have opened talks with Morocco’s Hakim Ziyech - furthering the possibility that Nabil Fekir will depart.

The Ajax playmaker - who represented his country at the World Cup - is in negotiations with OL president Jean Michel-Aulas over a £20m deal and is seen by the French club as a replacement for Fekir.

“We were allowed to speak with the two players at World Cup because their countries were relaxed about it, but nothing is completed yet,” Aulas said recently.

Ajax have confirmed Ziyech has a deal in place to leave the club.

The stronger Man C get the less likely Liverpool are of winning the league

I support good players joining Man City.

Indeed, I support a strong Man City too. Not just Liverpool but ManU, Tottenham all less likely to win the league........

jg1_7109300seri.jpg?w=300&h=400

Fulham sign Seri. Jealous of that signing.

Ditto. Tremendous signing for them. The sort of player all the of the big boys looked at but none pulled the trigger.

On the plus side, Nice now have some money if they want to buy themselves a Boufal.

MINA TO EVERTON?

Yerry Mina has NOT agreed to join Everton.

That is according to the Barcelona defender’s agent and uncle, Yair Mina, who has been clearing up reports about his client’s future.

The centre-back shone for Colombia at the World Cup and he has been linked with a move this summer.

Liverpool and Fenerbache have also been linked with the 23-year-old. More recently it was claimed Everton were leading the race for Mina and that a £17m switch was nearly done.

But now the Colombian’s agent and uncle has moved to pour cold water on that talk.

“It is not true that Yerry has signed for Everton,” Mina told Spanish media. “Yerry has many teams who hold an interest in him but before we can think about that, we need to know what Barcelona plan to do. When we hear from the club, we will make a decision.”

Not going well for Silva, glad we didn`t get him as we would have signed no one

Trouble at mill with Juve and Fiat: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44807281

Still, can't see a similar problem arising with the workers going on a strike at Nissan in Sunderland....

I love the quote from Rob Wilson (football finance expert)

Added to that the likelihood that he will strengthen the team, it seems plausible that they will be more successful domestically and qualify routinely for the Champions League.

Umm, remind me how many times in a row that Juventus have won the Italian League?