Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

I don't know how many bids from top six clubs have they received for their players...

I remember when Liverpool finished 8tg, two places below us, and we still sold them our best player and lost our manager to a team that finished 11th...

Clearly Burnley don’t have a player of the ability of Mane, but in the same light they clearly (at this stage) don’t have aspirations to be a regular EL team.

Comparing us and Burnley when we both retrospectively made the EL is a completely different set of circumstances.

How many have they sold...

I don't know how many bids from top six clubs have they received for their players...

Burnley are a well-drilled side that relies on team organisation and good management rather than a large number of standout players. That is why they haven't sold many. If the players we have sold had been Burnley players they would also have left, possibly even sooner than they did as our wage budget is a lot higher than Burnley's. I'd still rather have our squad than Bunrley's, it is just we have had a terrible manager in Pellegrino who stunted and held back our squad and they had Dyche.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Newcastle want Rondon.

Newcastle have spoken to West Brom over the potential signing of Solomon Rondon. We understand the striker has a £16m release clause in his WBA contract.

However Newcastle are unlikely to meet that clause until they sell Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Fulham want to buy the Serb on a permanent basis following an impressive loan spell last season, but would need to pay in the region of £18m.

Indeed. The ones that follow players and not teams.

I'll never understand that.

If we signed someone as high profile as say Ronaldo or Messi, I'd buy a shirt with Ronaldo's name on the back, as would many others. The queues outside the megastore would be mega long.

PSG had the same thing with Neymar.

Bournemouth ready £57m outlay on World Cup stars Jefferson Lerma and Diego Laxalt:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6800825/bournemouth-57m-jefferson-lerma-diego-laxalt/

This, if true, is getting really f'ing silly now. I hope the whole house of cards comes crashing down. I really hate this side of football. In fact, other than Saints, I pretty much am disinterested in football.

Liverpool bid £62m for Roma keeper, Alisson.

He'll be crap. He is south america. Just like Ederson.

Didn't you know, all south american's are disastrous?

Hi Fred - also another good south american.

In all seriousness, this is a great upgrade for liverpool, and with Keita as well they've defo strengthened this summer. I do think they lack another striker to help Firmino (also south american, Fred), and I can't see Salah having the same seasons (although Mane is going to improve).

Certainly top 3 for pool next year :?

Edited by Saint86

Still bs IMO. Sort of story bred for internet.

Indonesians and Bangladeshis (?) aren’t buying the 90€ shirt in their tens of thousands

Some insane figure around Neymar. I am just took old and cynical

If the transfer hit a hitch have they got half a million shirts down the pi sser? Serie A not global like PL and La Liga although that was clearly purpose of signing.

Surely if it's on the day he was unveiled, they are beyond the point of hitting a transfer glitch.

Anyway, half a million shirts really isn't much of a stretch. That's like 1 in 1000 men, in China alone, buying one.

Bournemouth ready £57m outlay on World Cup stars Jefferson Lerma and Diego Laxalt:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6800825/bournemouth-57m-jefferson-lerma-diego-laxalt/

I must be getting old or stupid or probably both!! WHO???!!!

Hang on let me get the Panini Album out (speaking of which anyone want to do some major swapping?) to see who these fellows are??!!

I know TV money has turned the world upside down and inside out, but how the Dickens can you spend that kind of money with a ground smaller than the Dell that doesn’t sell out, and from the outside the global footprint of a flea! A cynic would think that if they can do that without question, having binned off a trainer for financial reasons, persons inside the walls of SMS are skimming off a wedge out of the club. Unless they are just doing a p*mpey: but are much more polite.

Ultimately Sean Dyche has shown what a well drilled team can do. Alot of other sides are not as well bonded or drilled. They spend fortunes on players with little thought to chemistry and some of them ultimately struggle.

Sadly i think Bournemouth will struggle in the coming seasons. That is not a sustainable outlay for them.

In comparison i feel comfortably with Hughes and our approach this summer.

In all seriousness, this is a great upgrade for liverpool, and with Keita as well they've defo strengthened this summer. I do think they lack another striker to help Firmino (also south american, Fred), and I can't see Salah having the same seasons (although Mane is going to improve).

Certainly top 3 for pool next year :?

Yeah just takes upwards of 50 million to get the good ones....

I always question these figures. What everyone in Turin and then some bought a shirt today?

It's not just Turin though, is it. Every poxy town in Italy has their Juventus club or bar, even down in the south. They make our plastic Mancs seem few in comparison!

If we signed someone as high profile as say Ronaldo or Messi, I'd buy a shirt with Ronaldo's name on the back, as would many others. The queues outside the megastore would be mega long.

PSG had the same thing with Neymar.

Sure. That's obvious. But if they departed after a season or two would you then go and buy a shirt from their next club?

I doubt it.

Sure. That's obvious. But if they departed after a season or two would you then go and buy a shirt from their next club?

I doubt it.

The difference is some players are icons separate from the clubs they play for. People buying a high profile players shirt aren't actually supporters of the club.

:?

Lol some South Americans are good you muppet!

There has been some good ones playing in this country not sure why you are labelling them all the same?

Not sure 62m on a (any) keeper is good business though?

blimey Newcastle are struggling to come up with 16 million and are reduced to trying for loan signings?

They want Townsend & others but certainly have to sell players like Mitrovic & Ritchie in order to do so.

Newcastle are so lucky Rafa's family live in the North because he's put up with some stuff he'd never normally hang around for to stay there.

Joao Mario to Wolves seems much more likely than his link to us.

Wolves 'offered chance to snap up World Cup star Joao Mario'

Wolves could be offered the chance to sign Joao Mario for a cut-price £24m.

The Birmingham Mail say the Premier League side have been looking at Mario as an option in midfield on a loan deal with a view to buy. Reports have indicated that Inter would only be willing to loan the player to wolves if they paid a €5m loan with a €30m obligation to buy.

Jorge Mendes has been negotiating with the Italian club over a potential deal and the Italian press are now reporting that Milan coould look to sell him instead of loaning him out.

Gazzetta dello Sport claims that a deal could be made that sees him leave for a fee in the region of £24m on a permanent deal.

66.8 Million on a GK. Football is a mess.

They really have to be mounting a serious title challenge this year and ending the season with some silverware otherwise Klopp is a flop. He's been very critical of the spending from the two Manchester clubs since he's been there, yet they've spent an absolute fortune in the last 12 months, even with the Coutinho sale.

Liverpool could still finish 3rd or 4th and their fans, along with large part of the media will praise them to high heaven

I bet this new keeper is nothing special next season....not obviously, disgusting world class that the fee demands anyway

Everton ramping up....

Welbeck and Zaha on Everton radar as boss Silva looks to overhaul squad

It’s Everton, Everton, Everton this morning...

Wilfried Zaha features prominently on Marco Silva’s wishlist of targets as the Everton boss plans his Blues overhaul.

Silva feels Zaha could give Everton the pace and creativity they badly need up front and transform their toothless attack.

However Crystal Palace are determined to hang on to the former Manchester United forward and would want at least £60million for him.

This could price Everton out of a move and Silva must spread his budget over a number of positions this transfer window.

Everton ramping up....

22 days until the window shuts and they haven't bought anybody (and off loaded Rooney) and now they are going to try and prize Zaha away despite his well publicised 60m+ price tag (which I imagine isn't realistically in Everton's budget) I seem to recall Koeman being rather critical of their transfer business last summer I wonder if Silva is happy with it this summer?