Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

IIRC Roma are not that happy with Liverpool over the Salah deal so they'll probably make Liverpool pay even more than that for Allison.

Far be it for me to defend Liverpool, but I think Roma should be unhappy with Roma for the Salah transfer fee. Just like we should be over what we got for Mane.

They really have to be mounting a serious title challenge this year and ending the season with some silverware otherwise Klopp is a flop. He's been very critical of the spending from the two Manchester clubs since he's been there, yet they've spent an absolute fortune in the last 12 months, even with the Coutinho sale.

He chats rubbish. Liverpool broke the world record on a cb last season and will break the record on a gk this season. They splash the cash like any other team trying to cope with city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far be it for me to defend Liverpool, but I think Roma should be unhappy with Roma for the Salah transfer fee. Just like we should be over what we got for Mane.

No, we got a very large fee for a player with 2 years left on his contract but I agree on Salah. Roma have nobody to blame other than themselves.

Salary improved massively last season. No one expected that.

They really have to be mounting a serious title challenge this year and ending the season with some silverware otherwise Klopp is a flop. He's been very critical of the spending from the two Manchester clubs since he's been there, yet they've spent an absolute fortune in the last 12 months, even with the Coutinho sale.

If the Allison transfer goes through then in the 4 seasons (including this one) they will have spent over £500 million on players.

And that does not include the £134 million that was spent the season before he arrived. So in 4 seasons and 5 summer transfer windows they have spent £634 million on players.

Granted over the same period they have brought in £400 million in sales but still.

To claim they haven't spent or can't compete with City is absurd and in that time they have finished 6th, 8th, 4th, 4th. Plus one league cup in 10 years as well.

But tell Liverpool fans with that sort of spending he should be expected to win the title or at least seriously challenge for it and they mock you.

If the Allison transfer goes through then in the 4 seasons (including this one) they will have spent over £500 million on players.

And that does not include the £134 million that was spent the season before he arrived. So in 4 seasons and 5 summer transfer windows they have spent £634 million on players.

Granted over the same period they have brought in £400 million in sales but still.

To claim they haven't spent or can't compete with City is absurd and in that time they have finished 6th, 8th, 4th, 4th. Plus one league cup in 10 years as well.

But tell Liverpool fans with that sort of spending he should be expected to win the title or at least seriously challenge for it and they mock you.

oh yeh, that trivial, unimportant detail.

oh yeh, that trivial, unimportant detail.

It is largely unimportant, the only player in that period that they didn't want to sell was Coutinho, most of the rest is from failed former purchases that were not really in the first team.

Sakho, Benteke, Ibe, Allen, and Leiva have raised over £100 million in sales over the last two seasons. All of them pretty much surplus to requirements.

it's not like us who have had key first team players sold that we have then had to replace, in reality over the last 10 years Liverpool have only had to do that 3 times - Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho.

So they have built a team for over £500 million, which was on top of £250 - £300 million of spending before that.

If they can't challenge for a title with that then that is failure, regardless of how much you sell.

You are talking about around one billion pounds of spending on players over the last 10 seasons.

If Saints had spend £650 million on players over 4-5 seasons what would your expectations be?

Everton interested in Loftus-Cheek & Batshuayi.

@JamesNursery: Everton boss Silva planning to ask new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri about a potential loan for Ruben Loftus-Cheek or Michy Batshuayi. Can only sign 1 on loan from each @premierleague club but is interested in both

Everton interested in Loftus-Cheek & Batshuayi.

Either one of them would be brilliant but of business.

Is there any way we could get Batshuayi? Can’t see us paying the money for him personally, but would be the icing on the cake of a decent transfer window.

Forster + money swap for him? Would free up weekly wage for us to pay Batshuayi...

Either one of them would be brilliant but of business.

Is there any way we could get Batshuayi? Can’t see us paying the money for him personally, but would be the icing on the cake of a decent transfer window.

Forster + money swap for him? Would free up weekly wage for us to pay Batshuayi...

If Dortmund or Sevilla can't get him over the line, I doubt we could. He'd be great though.

Not sure we're due anymore big signings.

Guess this is a transfer of sorts is this what the academy system has come to?

Manchester City and Everton battle it out for Tottenham teenager Omari Forson as Premier League duo look to sign 14-year-old YouTube sensation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5972751/Manchester-City-Everton-battle-Tottenham-teenager-Omari-Forson.html

Of course how much recoup is key.

Prices gone through the roof and no one was spending £60m on a keeper a couple of years ago.

I don’t think any Liverpool fan isn’t expecting a title challenge this season. Think they will unless of course City continue on a different level but that rarely happens.

Brighton sign rumoured Saints target Percy Tau.

Brighton sign South African star

Brighton have signed South Africa international Percy Tau from Mamelodi Sundowns for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old forward has agreed a four-year contract with the Premier League Seagulls and will be loaned out ahead of the new season.

Albion manager Chris Hughton told the club’s website: “Percy is a player we have highlighted for the future and there is no doubting his talent having been voted South African player of the season.

“Percy will go out on loan this season, play regularly and get some experience of European football.”[/Quote]

Of course how much recoup is key.

Prices gone through the roof and no one was spending £60m on a keeper a couple of years ago.

I don’t think any Liverpool fan isn’t expecting a title challenge this season. Think they will unless of course City continue on a different level but that rarely happens.

They think a title challenge is on every year, and now that they have spunked £160m on top of van Dijk, they think that they are going to win the Champions League as well.

Not even Silva, just Everton in general. They had a complete overhaul of their upstairs structure but it seems they haven't learnt.

I honestly would absolutely love it if they got relegated. Aston Villa and Newcastle are proof that you're never too big to go down.

I think you mean... £11.5m

Why include the potential extras for one but not the other?

The market has also changed significantly sine Mane was sold. If Saints were selling him now we'd be getting a lot more.

There's probably a bit of a settlement for the Silva dispute in the price as well. They can't score goals so if he helps them solve that then it's not a bad deal.

There's probably a bit of a settlement for the Silva dispute in the price as well. They can't score goals so if he helps them solve that then it's not a bad deal.

Thats a fair point regarding the Silva settlement. Silva obviously rates the guy as well, so Everton are backing the manager. I seem to remember we did that once as well, paying well over the odds for a player the manager rated....

Thats a fair point regarding the Silva settlement. Silva obviously rates the guy as well, so Everton are backing the manager. I seem to remember we did that once as well, paying well over the odds for a player the manager rated....

Depends if you're thinking Carrillo or Osvaldo really. Difference is that Richarlison has shown that he can score and create in the PL.

£50million is supposedly arsenal's entire budget this summer apparently. They're looking to offload at least 7 players to make up extra funding. Everton blowing arsenal's budget on one player is hilarious and a bit daft. I hope it goes tits up :lol:

I'd wager Arsenal will have a net spend exceeding 50 million this summer. They'll still finish 6th at best.

Depends if you're thinking Carrillo or Osvaldo really. Difference is that Richarlison has shown that he can score and create in the PL.

So did Osvaldo. 3 in 13 was a better rate that Richarlison's 5 in 38. Carrillo on the other hand. I don't get it when people try to make out Osvaldo wasn't a good player, he was, just that he was also a head case, nutjob, whatever you like to call it. Would have Richarlison for breakfast, metaphorically and literally.

So did Osvaldo. 3 in 13 was a better rate that Richarlison's 5 in 38. Carrillo on the other hand. I don't get it when people try to make out Osvaldo wasn't a good player, he was, just that he was also a head case, nutjob, whatever you like to call it. Would have Richarlison for breakfast, metaphorically and literally.

Osvaldo was clearly class, scored goals for Roma etc, also scored very technically good goals (as we saw vs Man City) just a shame he was insane.

Osvaldo was clearly class, scored goals for Roma etc, also scored very technically good goals (as we saw vs Man City) just a shame he was insane.

People on here making out Osvaldo was a failure as much as Carillo. Lol.

At least Osvaldo looked like a professional footballer... Carillo looked liked someone who'd won a competition to play.