Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

Fredericks was an interesting one, but only if we'd lost Cedric. He's underrated here, too many write players off after a season of woeful mismanagement.

Feel sorry for Fulham though. Good side promoted but they've already lost 2 full backs that performed really well for them. And Mitrovic at the moment! He's someone I wouldn't mind if we shifted Long and Carillo. Seems odd we went for Carrillo rather than him in Jan if that's the style we wanted, but guess that was Pellegrino. Might as well see if he has something over the summer before giving up. But do Tadic and Mitrovic play well together???

Well mitrovic would have had to have wanted to come here, and Newcastle would have had to have been willing to sell to a relegation rival.

Some stories on Twitter that Chinese owned Aston Villa might well be financially up sh it creek.

Chinese owned Aston Villa.

Holy ****.

Holy.

Chinese?

Holy ****.

I really want some shredded chilli beef.

Some stories on Twitter that Chinese owned Aston Villa might well be financially up sh it creek.

Chinese owned Aston Villa.

They've been served a winding-up order by HMRC.

As long as they follow the Skates rules, they'll be fine.

Villa are ****ged because FFP rules don't allow a £49m loss aggregated across three years (or something similar). Villa have spent hugely in two years gambling that they would be promoted and have failed. Leaving absolutely no cash to pay for viva John Terry, or Steve Bruce's hair stylist.

So, next year, they won't have Terry and Steve Bruce will look more like his mum every week.

And the steak and kid-knee pies will have to go up.

Villa are ****ged because FFP rules don't allow a £49m loss aggregated across three years (or something similar). Villa have spent hugely in two years gambling that they would be promoted and have failed. Leaving absolutely no cash to pay for viva John Terry, or Steve Bruce's hair stylist.

So, next year, they won't have Terry and Steve Bruce will look more like his mum every week.

not sure that's the most well-advised joke to make...

Apparently Terry was on £60k a week this year

Well that really depends upon the size of the signing on fee and the wages they are paying him.

They signed him from division 2 so I doubt he received millions for signing.

Leicester poised to sign Jonny Evans for £3m from relegated West Brom. #JealousyFactor 3/5

On the face of it a very good deal.

Would have been perfect for us especially at that price.

Jorginho, Kovacic and Lemina, seems the latter would be very much the back up option compared to those first two.

I'm surprised City are not interested in Milinkovic-Savic, that guy looks absolute quality and looks absolutely suited to this league.

Tottenham to bid for Jack Grealish as Mauricio Pochettino identifies Aston Villa star as prime summer target | @Matt_Law_DT reports: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/07/tottenham-bid-jack-grealish-mauricio-pochettino-identifies-aston/

Grealish's Agent working overtime I find it hard to believe that Poch sat down with Levy and identified Grealish as their prime summer target :lol:

Grealish's Agent working overtime I find it hard to believe that Poch sat down with Levy and identified Grealish as their prime summer target :lol:

Well their main target was Zaha, but CPFC want £70m which Spurs won't pay.

West Ham bids rejected for Mawson and Fabianski according to BBC.

Such a shame that finally the penny appears to have dropped with regards to their transfer business. Seems they may have a good window for what seems like the first time ever.

Such a shame that finally the penny appears to have dropped with regards to their transfer business. Seems they may have a good window for what seems like the first time ever.

Jumping the gun a bit if they had bids rejected. I wouldn't put past the dildo brothers to throw out a few low bids on decent players so they can spin their usual PR about trying to sign players to the fans..

Leicester poised to sign Jonny Evans for £3m from relegated West Brom. #JealousyFactor 3/5

Fee was £3.5m in the end, to be paid in two lump sums (seems petty). His agent was paid £4m (it was a non negotiable term of any contract agreement), god knows how big the player's own signing on fee was. At least £4m I suspect, if not more. Some papers report his wages as being £80k a week, not the £65k mentioned above. So the complete deal is in excess of £25m over three years. Still seems like good value as he is a well proven player. I would say that he often seems to be injured, but only for the odd game or two rather than long spells out. He averaged 30 games a season over the three years at WBA. Wonder if we enquired?

Jumping the gun a bit if they had bids rejected. I wouldn't put past the dildo brothers to throw out a few low bids on decent players so they can spin their usual PR about trying to sign players to the fans..

sounds like the bids were derisory too.

spot on. You can spot the agent assisted stories a mile off.

Fee was £3.5m in the end, to be paid in two lump sums (seems petty). His agent was paid £4m (it was a non negotiable term of any contract agreement), god knows how big the player's own signing on fee was. At least £4m I suspect, if not more. Some papers report his wages as being £80k a week, not the £65k mentioned above. So the complete deal is in excess of £25m over three years. Still seems like good value as he is a well proven player. I would say that he often seems to be injured, but only for the odd game or two rather than long spells out. He averaged 30 games a season over the three years at WBA. Wonder if we enquired?

Everything wrong with the modern money fueled game right there player costs 3.5 million agent has to be paid 4 million.......

Looks like the protests may actually have had an effect on their owners, and they are finally pulling their fingers out.

By contrast Les & Ross have gotten off relatively scott-free in terms of any sustained pressure from fans. How they could both do with a rocket up their collective arses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the protests may actually have had an effect on their owners, and they are finally pulling their fingers out.

By contrast Les & Ross have gotten off relatively scott-free in terms of any sustained pressure from fans. How they could both do with a rocket up their collective arses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't actually signed these players just chanced their arm with a couple of low bids. Probably best to wait until the end of the window to see if WHU have suddenly become the model club for player recruitment.

Looks like City closing in on Napoli's Jorginho. Should mean City's interest in Lemina disappears. Might mean Napoli increase theirs.

@TeleFootball: Manchester City 'on verge' of sealing deal for Napoli midfielder Jorginho | @LukeEdwardsTele

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/10/manchester-city-verge-sealing-deal-napoli-midfielder-jorginho/

Bruno Fernandes, William Carvalho and Gelson Martins bid to terminate Sporting Lisbon contracts and put Premier League clubs on red alert:

The trio have followed the lead of keeper Rui Patricio and have all issued their terminations ahead of Thursday's deadline

Premier League clubs are on red alert amid the ongoing crisis at Sporting Lisbon, after three more Portuguese stars bid to terminate their contracts.

Midfield anchorman William Carvalho, talented schemer Bruno Fernandes and winger Gelson Martins have all followed the lead of goalkeeper Rui Patricio.

Patricio, contacted the club 10 days ago to declare he wants out of his contract, after a £15.8million switch to Wolves was halted by Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho.

That has sparked a war of words between the outspoken president and agency Gestifute, headed up by Jorge Mendes.

A number of Sporting players were attacked by around 50 masked thugs at Sporting’s training ground last month after missing out on a place in next season’s Champions League. De Carvalho also threatened to suspend a number of stars after their Europa League loss to Atletico Madrid.

Patricio recently stated: "I was the victim of physical and psychological violence, so in order to preserve my personal and professional dignity, I wish to end the contract that ties me to Sporting.”

He is expected to join Wolves on a free transfer, but had offered to take back his resignation if the under-pressure De Carvalho stepped down, something he has thus far refused.

Now Martins, Fernandes and Carvalho, all club and international teammates of Patricio, have followed in the footsteps of both the keeper and Daniel Podence, by sending letters to their club and the Portuguese Federation.

All have submitted their termination requests within 30 days of the attack, putting Sporting at risk of losing more than £100million worth of talent for nothing.

Martins has been keenly linked with a big-money move away from the club this summer with reports Arsenal are keen, while Carvalho, a Euro 2016 winner, has been linked previously with both West Ham and Everton.

Fernandes, the playmaker who scored for Portugal in their 3-0 win over Algeria last week, has been watched by Liverpool during the last 12 months, during which he scored 16 times and registered 20 assists for Sporting in 56 games.

"This is a nightmare. Sporting can not continue to be managed by Bruno de Carvalho," Frederico Varandas told OJogo. Varandas is a former club medic being linked with the presidency if de Carvalho steps away.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bruno-fernandes-william-carvalho-gelson-12684186