Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

The PL has an illusion of being competitive because 6 teams fight for 4 places. Other leagues often have 1 or 2. Some have 3. But that doesn't make it a level playing field as its 6 vs 14. It might be more level at the top for more teams, but the difference between the 6 and the 14 is huge. Everton tried to bridge the gap last season and failed dismally. Wet Spam seem to be doing it this season (I guess the benefit of having an unfair advantage with regards the stadium). I fully expect them to fail as well.

Spurs having a bit of a mare so far. Having to advertise that Toby, Dembele and Rose are for sale. No sign of any imminent incomings either, just the usual links with Grealish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called this a year ago. They've hit their roof on wage budget after giving almost the whole team back to back new contracts the last 2 years. While they're a league above us in terms of budget they're still a long way short of the big clubs. They can't hold on to all their talent.

Jay Rodriguez: West Brom reject Burnley's £16 millionoffer for the striker

Do the Management need to attend any class on valuation? Jay Rod is not any better than a year before and West Brom got relegated. However, it is certain that West Brom will earn at least £4 million from sale of the striker.

Mane is a classic example of undervaluation.

Jay Rodriguez: West Brom reject Burnley's £16 millionoffer for the striker

Do the Management need to attend any class on valuation? Jay Rod is not any better than a year before and West Brom got relegated. However, it is certain that West Brom will earn at least £4 million from sale of the striker.

Mane is a classic example of undervaluation.

The inflation of players sales goes up every transfer window its pointless comparing what we sold someone for two or three summers ago with what players are being sold for this summer. It's like house prices you wouldn't get upset that the house you sold a year ago is worth more now would you?

Burnley agree fee with 'Boro for Ben Gibson.

Burnley have agreed a fee with Middlesbrough for Ben Gibson.

We’re told the agreement is a deal worth £15m for Boro. Burnley had failed with two previous bids of £12m and £13m over the past 48 hours.

So Palace are the chosen ones this year then. Hmm.
A real shame for them.

As anyone with only a passing knowledge of this forum will be aware nothing can destroy a football club like the dreaded Glasgow Kiss of death.

Season after season his annointed heroes go on to stink the effing place out.

I can't remember them all but highlights would be

Norwich winning the transfer window with Ricky Van Wolfswinkle - FAIL

Stoke City will always be a level above SFC - FAIL

Everton Everton Everton can do no wrong - FAIL

The Watford Silva revolution - FAIL

But In fairness to the lad I think he's on to something this season. Andros Townsend is truly world class, no doubt. Last season in the league Benteke scored goal after goal after goal. And all those three goals were vital.

So don't panic, Palace fans. This time the Glasgow Kiss could be blessing and not the usual indication that your season is going straight down the sh it pipe.

The inflation of players sales goes up every transfer window its pointless comparing what we sold someone for two or three summers ago with what players are being sold for this summer. It's like house prices you wouldn't get upset that the house you sold a year ago is worth more now would you?

Length of contract also has a part to play

This will completely **** the next generation of Saints fan. Why (unless pressured by family) would any child choose to support SFC these days?

In a few short years Les and co have squeezed everything that was once great out of this club.

Club is a mess run by greedy ******s

It appears Burnley are signing Gibson from Middlesbrough for around £13m. I thought we were quoted £25m for the same player.....?

Something doesn't stack up about our interest in him. Perhaps he wasn't our preferred option although initial rumblings pointed that way. Perhaps 'Boro thought they could exreact some more of the VD cash frpm us by taking a stance and we walked away.

AFCB have surely broken every FFP regulation and will go bust just like pompey and drop out of the league forever.

How depressing that our record signing is CARRILLO Ffs

I was laughed at when telling people the club we realigning us to compete with Bournemouth.

Seems Cardiff might now be our rivals

Edited by Batman

Foxes to land Ghezzal?

FOXES CLOSE ON GHEZZAL

Sky sources understand Leicester City are close to signing Monaco winger Rachid Ghezzal.

The clubs have agreed a deal that could be worth £10m and the player has been having a medical ahead of the transfer. Personal terms not expected to be a problem.