Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

Osvaldo was clearly class, scored goals for Roma etc, also scored very technically good goals (as we saw vs Man City) just a shame he was insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sums it up pretty well. The only reason he was a bad signing was his pretty well know bad attitude. As for playing ability he was a class player, probably too good for us.

Carrillo on the other hand had nothing to suggest he would be good enough

This sums it up pretty well. The only reason he was a bad signing was his pretty well know bad attitude. As for playing ability he was a class player, probably too good for us.

Carrillo on the other hand had nothing to suggest he would be good enough

See post 849, Osvaldo and Carrillo both fall into that description.

Tom Ince on his way to Stoke, making Huddersfield weaker. This is a bit like when Ritchie went to Newcastle for me

Ince is like a modern day Robert Earnshaw or Cameron Jerome.

Very good in the championship, but not great in the Prem.

I wonder how they've got him so cheap?

International central midfielder, European championship winniner, UCL player....

He's knocking on in age. Portuguese midfielders seem much of a muchness. Silva has hardly pulled up trees at Leicester; Cavalrho seems so awkward and immobile despite the hype etc.

A while ago. PL football has moved on since then and Llorente is now borderline past it, players of his age are being put out to pasture in Japan and the MLS.

He scored 15 premier league goals in 33 games for Swansea. 2016-17 season

Just because he didn't muscle Kane from the Spurs side doesn't make him ready for retirement

Jahanbakhsh a great signing for Brighton. They have had a quietly good window and aren't really in danger of losing anyone.

Certainly don't see them going down. Hughton is canny, good CB pairing and they have added some quality.

Saw an article about Liverpool's loss to Dortmund. I just perused the headline and first paragraph but couldn't face any more. I suppose I should expect it of ThisIsAnfield, but it reminded me of the nauseous, sycophantic crap we'll have to put up with now it's back to domestic football.

Liverpool have a list of players available as part of a potential clear out. They want £27M for Origi, according to this..

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-set-divock-origi-price-14944134.amp

According to the Telegraph, £20m plus add-ons for Ings is the price.

Comical. Hopefully that counts us out of the running.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Saw an article about Liverpool's loss to Dortmund. I just perused the headline and first paragraph but couldn't face any more. I suppose I should expect it of ThisIsAnfield, but it reminded me of the nauseous, sycophantic crap we'll have to put up with now it's back to domestic football.

There seems to be 1 team in PL this year. I am already hugely bored by the coverage and as per usual the constant fawning puts me off PL as a whole.

According to the Telegraph, £20m plus add-ons for Ings is the price.

Comical. Hopefully that counts us out of the running.

£20m (plus add on's). Christ almighty.

With our recent transfer history, we shouldn't go anywhere near Ings.

Far too risky.

They are optimistic with those valuations, near £30 million for a striker who managed just 6 goals last year, over £20 million for a guy who has been crocked for 2 years, £15 million for a 21 year old that has mainly played in the championship.

They are optimistic with those valuations, near £30 million for a striker who managed just 6 goals last year, over £20 million for a guy who has been crocked for 2 years, £15 million for a 21 year old that has mainly played in the championship.

They seem well over the top but Bournemouth gave them £21m last summer for 2 reserves so anything is possible.

They seem well over the top but Bournemouth gave them £21m last summer for 2 reserves so anything is possible.

True forgot about that.

They will be relying on a PL sucker to take them though, as we have seen with Clasie and Tadic, most European clubs can't spend £15-20 million so easily.

Everton looking at Zakaria & ex-saints target Karamoh.

@JamesNursery: Silva keen on a couple of other young starlets Denis Zakaria , 21, a holding midfielder at Borussia Monchengladbach & Caen winger Yann Karamoh, 20. Both would fit nicely into his anticipated 4-3-3 new-look line up at Everton: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/denis-zakaria-everton-radar-marco-12971540

There seems to be 1 team in PL this year. I am already hugely bored by the coverage and as per usual the constant fawning puts me off PL as a whole.

Agree. The press are so keen for them to win things, forget that 12 months ago Klopp was slagging off Jose and Pep for spending millions on players. So boring the love in with that man.

Agree. The press are so keen for them to win things, forget that 12 months ago Klopp was slagging off Jose and Pep for spending millions on players. So boring the love in with that man.

Its also commonly known as jealousy!

Lets be honest if we had a passionate and talented manager like Klopp + a young, attacking, motivated and improving squad like Liverpool wed all be super excited for the coming season too.

Our best hope this year is it might just be more exciting than the last 2 years (could it get much worse?)

Levels of excitement and potential at both clubs are at the completely different ends of the spectrum.

What you're feeling is envy.

For once I looked at one of your messages Glasgow, as you are on my ignore list. Wish I hadn't, because it was complete and utter ballocks. Jealousy?? WTF are you on about? I have about as much interest in Liverpool as I do Portsmouth, ie none. If I read the sports section, I do not want to read story after story after story about Liverpool. An article here or there - fine. And if this blanket coverage hadn't been going on for years, then I might not feel the way I do. But jealousy/envy - nah. Not one little bit I'm afraid.

Lets be honest if we had a passionate and talented manager like Klopp + a young, attacking, motivated and improving squad like Liverpool wed all be super excited for the coming season too.

Our best hope this year is it might just be more exciting than the last 2 years (could it get much worse?)

Levels of excitement and potential at both clubs are at the completely different ends of the spectrum.

Didn't Klopp take Liverpool backwards in the league with all the money spent, finishing with less points than the previous season...even with all the goals Salah scored? Gurning adds to the side pitch performance though. :lol:

£20m (plus add on's). Christ almighty.

With our recent transfer history, we shouldn't go anywhere near Ings.

Far too risky.

I’m with you on this.

If you believe what’s in the media, Liverpool are attaching unrealistic price tags on their fringe players.

It's really not, I know that we are a small club, i don't have these delusions that we will be anything but a mid table premiership side, with the odd flirt with Europa Cup, FA cup and League Cup.

It's tiresome the medias love in for Liverpool, MOTD official page on FB had 6 pro Liverpool stories in one day. I'd get it if Liverpool had won the league for the 10th time in a row and champions league for 3 seasons running.

Love and Light.

Yeh the media love in with Liverpool is tiring.

I am sure when they fail to mount a decent title challenge with all that money spent they will all get the excuses out for why the mighty reds haven't won the league.

Or they'll get excused because of net spend, recouping some £s by ditching their cast offs, which somehow excuses hundreds of millions of pounds of talent from failing because they recouped £15 million on Mingolet.

I am not sure it will change until we get to a stage where most people in the industry were not alive in the 70s and 80s when they won everything.

I’m with you on this.

If you believe what’s in the media, Liverpool are attaching unrealistic price tags on their fringe players.

I don't think Liverpool understand that valuation is usually determined by a club's willingness or need to sell. They are valuing their fringe players as though they don't really want to lose them, like we would inflate the price of our key players if they were sniffing around. Surely no one would be stupid enough to pay that much for ings.....i hope.

I am probably wrong, but of all those players listed maybe Markovic is the best value. Never really given a shot, and didn't he do quite well in his loan spell at Hull?

I'm not saying I want us to sign him, but would be interesting to know what people who have seen him play more think.

I agree the fawning is sickly and childlike so i`m not surprised our resident wum is liking it... whilst realising we could never spend like the bin dippers he will still keep banging on..

Jealous he may be but it will be all the more funny when they win zilch again...

It's really not, I know that we are a small club, i don't have these delusions that we will be anything but a mid table premiership side, with the odd flirt with Europa Cup, FA cup and League Cup.

It's tiresome the medias love in for Liverpool, MOTD official page on FB had 6 pro Liverpool stories in one day. I'd get it if Liverpool had won the league for the 10th time in a row and champions league for 3 seasons running.

Love and Light.

I am just worried about how Mo Saleh is. Whenever I watched breakfast tv that dopey bird who does the sport seemed to get something about him into every bulletin. She has gone on holiday and I don't think he has been mentioned for several weeks. I hope he is ok.

Everton supposedly paying Watford 50 million for richarlsdon absolute madness the game has lost all integrity
Now confirmed. Madness.

Although I sometimes wonder whether there is an agreement between all parties to inflate a reported transfer fee.

Doubt many Saints fans would be impressed by a £50m outlay on someone like Richarlison but amongst wannabe "big" clubs, it's all about how much you spend to demonstrate your credentials. Wouldn't mind betting plenty of Everton fans are getting themselves with excitement at beng told they're spending big, like their red neighbours.

So the selling club make their fans happy saying they've received oodles for an average player. Buying club fans are happy with the demonstration of buying power. The player and agent can use it as a benchmark for the next move.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Now confirmed. Madness.

Although I sometimes wonder whether there is an agreement between all parties to inflate a reported transfer fee.

Doubt many Saints fans would be impressed by a £50m outlay on someone like Richarlsdon but amongst wannabe "big" clubs, it's all about how much you spend to demonstrate your credentials. Wouldn't mind betting plenty of Everton fans are getting themselves with excitement at beng told they're spending big, like their red neighbours.

So the selling club make their fans happy saying they've received oodles for an average player. Buying club fans are happy with the demonstration of buying power. The player and agent can use it as a benchmark for the next move.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Some Everton ITKs claiming it's closer to £20m guaranteed with some large add-ons including Everton winning the league.

At £20m he's worth the gamble. Certainly looks better value than our Carrillo £20m

Some Everton ITKs claiming it's closer to £20m guaranteed with some large add-ons including Everton winning the league.

At £20m he's worth the gamble. Certainly looks better value than our Carrillo £20m

...28d646ce6ff45bbe87551fd1abc9c3a5.jpg