Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

SSN: Utd want Arnautovic?

MOURINHO WANTS ARNIE

Manchester United interested in West Ham forward Marko Arnautovic, Sky Sports News understands.

However, the Hammers consider the Austrian, who won their Player of the Year award, is not for sale. It is understood he would cost at least £50m.

SSN: Utd want Arnautovic?

I personally think he's the wrong sort of player they need. They need pace in attacking midfield, they're too pedestrian. I don't think Arnautovic is what I'd call quick....

Bale would be perfect for them if they're after an attacking midfielder type.

I personally think he's the wrong sort of player they need. They need pace in attacking midfield, they're too pedestrian. I don't think Arnautovic is what I'd call quick....

Bale would be perfect for them if they're after an attacking midfielder type.

I like Arnautovic. Good for our kind of level.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the #DildoBros have made that rumour up to look like heroes when he doesn't leave.

Not Premier League, but sobering stuff from Aston Villa.

CLUB STATEMENT: DR TONY XIA ON FUTURE PLANS:

I know that all the Villa fans experienced a very frustrating and disappointing Play-Off Final last Saturday. After seeing many Villa supporters on Twitter hoping that I can publish a statement as soon as possible, I feel like it would be best for me to write the following words when I am relatively calm.

I care as much about this club as anyone. Even though I am back in Beijing, I still can't recover from our game at Wembley. The emotion needs time to heal. However, I know that all our management staff, coaches, players and myself need to get back on our feet and prepare to fight again. Like everyone else, I'm delighted to see that under Steve’s management this season, we demonstrated character and unity. We fought like a team. Indeed, the loss is a pity, but we know how much effort and hard work our coaching staff and players put in this season. I want to thank Steve from the bottom of my heart, particularly for his remarkable level of professional focus despite losing his parents this year. With that, I would like to say thank you to Steve and his coaching staff once again for leading the team forward wholeheartedly throughout the season.

We are all aware that we will face severe FFP challenges next season. I am an Aston Villa fan. But I am also a businessman. Under the current circumstances, I think the club needs to rethink not only the past two years but also the past ten years. Villa needs to be a sustainable football club. People join. People leave. That is the cycle of football. But the football club always remains through it all. This is the ultimate reality that cannot be changed, but I can assure you that everyone behind the scenes is working tirelessly towards achieving our ultimate goal.

We have been heavily investing for the past two seasons. However, the loss on Saturday means that we need to change a lot of things. No one wanted to see the club have to go through this, but I believe that only changes can help the club to progress towards the positive direction and this requires the joint efforts of everyone associated with this great football club. No matter what the changes will be, I sincerely hope that everyone can unite and overcome the challenges together. Our goal has not changed and as long as we believe, regardless of how tough the process will be, I am sure we will succeed in the end.

Thank you very much once again for all your support.

Chairman

Dr Tony Xia

Interest in J-rod from PL clubs

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11389670/burnley-and-bournemouth-interested-in-west-brom-striker-jay-rodriguez

Burnley and Bournemouth are interested in signing West Brom striker Jay Rodriguez, Sky Sports News understands.

West Ham and Crystal Palace are also keen on the striker, Sky Sports News understands, and are monitoring developments following West Brom's relegation from the Premier League.

It is believed West Brom will not sell Rodriguez on the cheap, with the 28-year-old scoring 11 times last season in all competitions, for a team that managed only 31 goals in the Premier League.

Rodriguez, who was born in Burnley and started his career with the Clarets, still has three years left on his West Brom contract, after joining from Southampton for £12m last summer.

It is thought any bid for the player would have to be worth more than £20m for West Brom to consider selling.

Rodriguez has one cap for England, making his only appearance in 2013 when starting a friendly against Chile at Wembley.

I love how after paying £12million from a year ago West Brom think his stock has risen enough for them to add another £8million to his value :scared:

Interest in J-rod from PL clubs

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11389670/burnley-and-bournemouth-interested-in-west-brom-striker-jay-rodriguez

Burnley and Bournemouth are interested in signing West Brom striker Jay Rodriguez, Sky Sports News understands.

West Ham and Crystal Palace are also keen on the striker, Sky Sports News understands, and are monitoring developments following West Brom's relegation from the Premier League.

It is believed West Brom will not sell Rodriguez on the cheap, with the 28-year-old scoring 11 times last season in all competitions, for a team that managed only 31 goals in the Premier League.

Rodriguez, who was born in Burnley and started his career with the Clarets, still has three years left on his West Brom contract, after joining from Southampton for £12m last summer.

It is thought any bid for the player would have to be worth more than £20m for West Brom to consider selling.

Rodriguez has one cap for England, making his only appearance in 2013 when starting a friendly against Chile at Wembley.

I love how after paying £12million from a year ago West Brom think his stock has risen enough for them to add another £8million to his value :scared:

English & hit double figures. Seems fair in today's crazy market.

No doubt West Brom will want that much but truth be told, they will need a few off the wage bill. He did alright last season, certainly did better than he did for us in his last 2 seasons and seems to have found some fitness.

£15-20m seems fair. Decent enough player for a bottom half team.

West Ham close to signing Fredericks from Fulham, Marlon from Barcelona and pushing hard for Anderson from Lazio. Pace. Good moves from Pellegrini. Anderson, quick winger, hardest to get across the line with bigger clubs also interested. Exciting times #WHUFC

West Ham close to signing Fredericks from Fulham, Marlon from Barcelona and pushing hard for Anderson from Lazio. Pace. Good moves from Pellegrini. Anderson, quick winger, hardest to get across the line with bigger clubs also interested. Exciting times #WHUFC

To be fair I thought it would be exciting times for Everton last season and look what happened there?

Finished 8th.

Wasn’t exciting though was it. They were awful until they sacked the manager, even mope’s tactics destroyed them, but then they didn’t even have a dogfight to look forward to because bfs dragged them to mediocrity and then also got sacked.

That’s quite difference to the outlook last summer when they won the transfer window ...

West Ham (and Spurs) 'nearly' sign a lot of players every transfer window - just to appease the fan base. Maybe this year they'll actually see some through to completion.

Derby have appointed Frank Lampard as boss. Think I heard Jody Morris is going as his assistant?

Very intrigued to see how it goes. On first reflection I think it's a cracking bit of business by Derby TBH. Think expectations will be higher than some might expect, Derby are a decent size club with a proud history. But he seems like the kind of bloke who could actually go in there and transform their fortunes.

Derby have appointed Frank Lampard as boss. Think I heard Jody Morris is going as his assistant?

Very intrigued to see how it goes. On first reflection I think it's a cracking bit of business by Derby TBH. Think expectations will be higher than some might expect, Derby are a decent size club with a proud history. But he seems like the kind of bloke who could actually go in there and transform their fortunes.

Ditto.

The strange thing for me is that nobody has gone for Jody Morris as a boss in his own right. Has done an amazing job with the Chelsea Youth & development sides.

I dont get this at all, how big name players get jobs like this. Plenty of good managers in lower leagues that deserve a chance. Personally i think he will be terrible.

Ditto.

The strange thing for me is that nobody has gone for Jody Morris as a boss in his own right. Has done an amazing job with the Chelsea Youth & development sides.

Perhaps his name has been tainted by how he peed away his own promising career by dossing around and generally being an unprofessional knob.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

SSN: Chelsea end contract talks with Courtois

COURTOIS LIKELY TO LEAVE CHELSEA

It's not a great day to be a Chelsea fan...

Thibault Courtois is likely to leave Chelsea this summer, after the Blues decided to end contract talks with the goalkeeper.

It is now likely the Belgian will be sold in the summer, with Real Madrid interested in signing him.

Put their stadium plans on hold and Abramovich is not allowed back in the country at the moment. Doesn't bode well for them.

They could have some serious investment issues coming up and what with the new ground not happening their glory days could well be over.

I walked into a Customers in Wolverhampton yesterday, "Eh up John Boy - stayed up by the skin of yer teeth then in the end", they then introduced me to a new chap "This is John He's a Saints fan".

"Oh right, Saints Fan" "we are supposed to be getting one of your ex players.........Pele or something" "Not Graziano Pelle?" says I. As one they all said "yeah thats him".

"Wolves are looking to get Pelle in? What for? he's 33 and spent the last 2 years in China most of which as the 6th highest paid player in the world, and he is going to give that up for a Swansong (no disrespect) in Wolverhampton, he was getting slower when we sold him". Blimey the air soon whooshed out of their collective balloon.

I walked into a Customers in Wolverhampton yesterday, "Eh up John Boy - stayed up by the skin of yer teeth then in the end", they then introduced me to a new chap "This is John He's a Saints fan".

"Oh right, Saints Fan" "we are supposed to be getting one of your ex players.........Pele or something" "Not Graziano Pelle?" says I. As one they all said "yeah thats him".

"Wolves are looking to get Pelle in? What for? he's 33 and spent the last 2 years in China most of which as the 6th highest paid player in the world, and he is going to give that up for a Swansong (no disrespect) in Wolverhampton, he was getting slower when we sold him". Blimey the air soon whooshed out of their collective balloon.

So its not Pedro Pele from Totton & Eling?

Put their stadium plans on hold and Abramovich is not allowed back in the country at the moment. Doesn't bode well for them.

Slightly premature, my understanding is that as an Egyptian passport holder he can visit for up to 6 months a year, but he can't work. At the moment he has no 'work' role at Chelsea, so he can drop in and out as he pleases. Whether it pleases him to come to somewhere where he's person non grata is a mute point.

Maybe Ken Bates has got his name back in the headlines at just the right time? Or not:mcinnes:

Fredericks getting closer to WHU by the sounds of it...

WEST HAM CLOSE IN ON FREDERICKS

West Ham are closing in on a deal to sign Fulham defender Ryan Fredericks, according to Sky sources.

The 25-year-old's current contract runs out at Craven Cottage this summer.

The deal is unlikely to be signed today, but should be done in next few days.

Slightly premature, my understanding is that as an Egyptian passport holder he can visit for up to 6 months a year, but he can't work. At the moment he has no 'work' role at Chelsea, so he can drop in and out as he pleases. Whether it pleases him to come to somewhere where he's person non grata is a mute point.

Maybe Ken Bates has got his name back in the headlines at just the right time? Or not:mcinnes:

Egyptian?

The players they have been signing don't scream out investment in the team for the last year, (Drinkwater and Barkley really?) rumours of pulling talks with Courtois, pulling or pausing the stadium development? Rumours of being unwilling to pay the buy out fees or wages for numerous managers? Didn't Hazard talk about needing to invest in the team? Conte obviously not happy? It all feels like he has become bored..told them to be self sustaining (with no champions league money?) and I don't know if he is prepared to pay what they would need to invest to compete with Man City any more?...

Looks like those Chelsea fans need to decide which club they are supporting next!

Because Everton need another AMC...

TOFFEES WANT MADDISON

Everton are leading a group of Premier League clubs keen to sign Norwich City’s player of the year James Maddison.

Marco Silva, confirmed yesterday as Everton’s new manager, is a known admirer of the midfielder, presently recovering from a knee ligament injury suffered at Sheffield Wednesday on the last day of the season.

A host of top Premier League teams continue to monitor the England Under-21's progress include Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City and Southampton.