Summer 2018 - Other teams Manager/transfer business

Batman

I just saw this quiz on the BBC "can you name each PL teams most expensive signing"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44857227

I will give you the answer to Newcastle United, as I was very surprised who it was and how long ago it was.......................... Michael Owen £17m!!! :?

Our record signing being Carillo is just horrific. Worse than Rory Delap.

And if we had bought someone for £24m and sold him a year later for £12m, this board would have had a melt.

Weren't people on here last summer claiming his signing was a sign of ambition from Everton? Lot of PL teams (including saints tbf) are spunking a lot of money on poor signings these days.

dont think they need him now with pastore, kluivert, maybe as a malcom replacement but i doubt it

Yeah, Pastore plays in the same position.

Roma have done some serious business this summer.

Kluivert seemingly a great piece of business.

Mawson in demand.

TRIO IN MAWSON TALKS

Fulham, Burnley and West Ham were all in talks to sign Alfie Mawson from Swansea on Friday, according to Sky sources.

The Swans want more than £20m for the centre-back, who is still getting back to fitness following knee surgery at the end of last season.

West Ham has a number of offers rejected earlier in the summer as they bid for both Mawson and keeper Lucasz Fabianski, whom they signed in June.

Sky Sports News reported earlier this month that Burnley had opened discussions as they prepare for their first season in European competition.

And now Fulham, who want another centre-back after signing Maxime Le Marchand, have come in for Mawson in the last 24 hours, Sky Sports News understands.

I think the fun of transfer windows has pretty much evaporated for most, it definitely has for me. Jim White and his yellow tie can fkkk off, as can the hoardes of degenerates on SSN acting like bellends on the last day.

I think the last season I truly enjoyed was prob the first Koeman one where players were still going for big sums but they were reasonable in comparison to the last few seasons. £5, 10, 15m etc just seemed so much more reasonable and realistic.

Likewise the days of reading the gossip columns in the papers, scanning to see if Southampton were linked with anyone and for how much, normally under £2m.

Reading it now is an utter sh1t show. Bournemouth bidding £22.2m for players, Championship clubs spunking £50m, L2 clubs quoting £4m for their players, utter mess. Then you’ve got anyone from the top 6 sides in the European leagues with starting valuations of many of their players being in excess of £40-50m.

Sooner the arse falls out of football, the better.

I think the fun of transfer windows has pretty much evaporated for most, it definitely has for me. Jim White and his yellow tie can fkkk off, as can the hoardes of degenerates on SSN acting like bellends on the last day.

I think the last season I truly enjoyed was prob the first Koeman one where players were still going for big sums but they were reasonable in comparison to the last few seasons. £5, 10, 15m etc just seemed so much more reasonable and realistic.

Likewise the days of reading the gossip columns in the papers, scanning to see if Southampton were linked with anyone and for how much, normally under £2m.

Reading it now is an utter sh1t show. Bournemouth bidding £22.2m for players, Championship clubs spunking £50m, L2 clubs quoting £4m for their players, utter mess. Then you’ve got anyone from the top 6 sides in the European leagues with starting valuations of many of their players being in excess of £40-50m.

Agree.

It's gone stupid now. "People's Game"....yeah, right.

You mean the deadline countdown clock that now goes to a hundredth of a second doesn’t do anything for you?

[emoji106]

Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri reporting on Twitter that Manchester United have contacted Barcelona regarding centre back Yerri Mina.

Why on earth would he consider going there when the Dugout Pioneers are reportedly interested ?

Nah you hate what SFC has become.

Transfer fees are all relative. Teams earn **** loads, teams spend **** loads.

Problem is SFC still thinks it 2010

He specifically said the he 'hates what the PL has become' !

It is you who hates what SFC is !

Everton looking as dogsh*t as last year in pre season. Their twitter is in full meltdown. Suddenly that 50mil looks a right waste and the fans are going ape. And people want us to emulate that club?

When they won 22-0 pre season results meant nothing....

Now they do right?

22 million for a player Newcastle are off loading because they don't think he can cut it in the PL...bet Newcastle are laughing all the way to the bank.

Transfers are just utterly mental these days, £22 MILLION for a player who didn't make it at Newcastle?! Gobsmacked, you can see why allot of people are loosing interest in the game these days!

In fact the World Cup reminded me how excited I used to get about football when it wasn't orientated around transfer fees!

When Fulham went down, their squad was aging dross. Spending time clearing out the rubbish and then buying quality when promoted back into the Premier League is pretty much what we did, too. They also have a good manager and play nice football. I expect they'll do quite well this year.

When Fulham went down, their squad was aging dross. Spending time clearing out the rubbish and then buying quality when promoted back into the Premier League is pretty much what we did, too. They also have a good manager and play nice football. I expect they'll do quite well this year.

We didn't do quite well the season we where promoted back as I recall it was pretty painful for the first half of the season (Aston Villa game aside)

fair enough last season was pretty good then ;)

The outcome was pretty good, especially the feeling I had after we beat Swansea.

The performances were, in the most part, pretty dire. Especially during the first half of the season.

It's a bit of a different situation though, really.

Staying up after getting promoted twice consecutively while the squad still retains players that were with us in the Championship and League 1 and generally playing good stuff while we did it = good.

Almost falling out the league with players who have cost ridiculous sums of money and playing like a toothless pub side for over half a season= not good.