Thread: Season Ticket 18/19 Prices

Default Season Ticket 18/19 Prices

Just to add to this..

2018/19 Season Ticket holders will receive a wide range of benefits:
    Your seat guaranteed for 19 Premier League home matches
    Priority purchase on away and cup matches
    NEW: FREE ticket to a selected home pre-season friendly*
    10% retail discount in store and online
    NEW: 20% off food and drink in the stadium up to 30 minutes prior to kick off
    NEW: 30% off room hire at St Mary's
    NEW: £2 off coach travel to away games
    Exclusive Season Ticket holder monthly newsletter
    The chance to re-sell your seat for matches you're unable to attend, via the Ticket Exchange
    The opportunity to spread the cost of your Season Ticket over 10 months thanks to our payment plan
    *Full information to be released when fixture is announced

Full detail:

https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/se...asonticket1819

New for 18/19:

20% discount on food and drink in the stadium up to 30 minutes before kick off
    30% off room hire at St Mary's
    FREE ticket to a selected home pre-season friendly
    £2 discount on coach travel to away games

Doesn't appear to be any discount for renewals.

Absolute joke, at a time when clubs are racking in the money from the TV deals and season tickets make up only a small amount of revenue they get rid of early bird discounts and only freeze the price.

Was hoping for a bit of a reduction at least, after 2 years of crap at home £682 seems an obsene amount of money to spend on very little.

Not sure what I'll be doing now.

We won 4 out of 19 home games last season and the price stays the same. I guess we have to be thankful they didn't put the prices up!?

Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Absolute joke, at a time when clubs are racking in the money from the TV deals and season tickets make up only a small amount of revenue they get rid of early bird discounts and only freeze the price.
    Until people stop buying them, they’ll stay the same.

After about 20 years I gave mine up at the start of the season just gone and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. I now pick and choose the home games (luckily I can get them for free anyway) I attend and generally only do aways. I haven’t missed it one bit. Sh!t football, sh!t kick of days/times and sh!t management on and off the pitch has pushed me away.

The only way I’d get another one is in the unlikely event we pull our finger out and get EL football (and that’s only cos I don’t want to miss the away games).

Quote Originally Posted by mehball View Post
    New for 18/19:

20% discount on food and drink in the stadium up to 30 minutes before kick off
    30% off room hire at St Mary's
    FREE ticket to a selected home pre-season friendly
    £2 discount on coach travel to away games
    What a load of sh!t

So, they "apologise" for the rubbish they've served up for the last couple of years, thank us for sticking with them as our support helped them over the line and then think that 20% off over inflated prices for food in the stadium is going to have us rushing to renew?

A lot of people are going to have to think carefully about this. Should have halved the prices for those who bought tickets over the last 2 years and put in a "goal guarantee" clause so we can have our money back if we don't score goals or pick up points!!

This is going to be interesting, second year without a carrot to encourage retention. When after the last 2 seasons tepid performances on the pitch, anyone with half a brain in marketing would have spotted the danger of losing even more season ticket holders. Even more so after the car crash of last summers season ticket sales.
    Talking and listening to folks around where we sit, there are a fair few long term fans who in previous years have muttered about not renewing and then been there every game the following season, this year the tone in the "not bothering next season" seems to be a bit more purposeful.

But then when the upper echelons didn't twig that we were Marching On into the mire with Pellegrino until January, I guess the bleeding obvious doesn't come easy to them until its about to hit them in the Wedding Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    What a load of sh!t
    It's so sh*t it's almost offensive

Having prices frozen seems to be marketed as a positive. At the very least there should have been a renewal discount. Even a token gesture of £30 to recognise the "product" they've forced upon us has been shít. What a piśstake.

I'll renew. I always do. And that's probably the problem. Too many people like me.

Just seen this is getting more action than my thread haha , I was going to renew after a year off but I'm really not sure I'll bother now my main gripe was the ditching of the cheaper fee for renewals which told me they didn't value my loyalty as others have said with the money pumped into the club these days and the last 2 years of dross a freeze is not quite the way to encourage buyers were all just better off cherry picking the games we can make and not buying season tickets ! I hope sales are very poor if only to send a message to the owners we have had enough of being milked

absolute ****ing joke, no preference to those who have had years of ST's.
    I'll renew this year but seriously will reconsider going forward.
    They spent £20m on a waste of time striker, that equates to 14,000 ST holders at £75, would much rather have had that discount that fuking Brillo Carillo or whatever his name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    Having prices frozen seems to be marketed as a positive. At the very least there should have been a renewal discount. Even a token gesture of £30 to recognise the "product" they've forced upon us has been shít. What a piśstake.

I'll renew. I always do. And that's probably the problem. Too many people like me.
    and this is the real problem with football fans, we ****ing mugs. Though I have never heard so many long tern fans saying that they are not renewing this season. I'll be surprised if they get 10k + ST's next season, not sure what the current figure is?

Been a season ticket holder since 2007 but that's done it for me. Last two seasons have been ****e at home and I've felt like a mug paying £570 for both of those seasons. I bet away fans still get that £20 benefit from Virgin Media though.

People moaning about the price but saying they'll renew anyway are the perfect fan in the eyes of the club.

Whenever we announce ST pricing, there is always a backlash against the club and this thread becomes a "if you don't like the pricing, don't ***** about it, simply don't buy it" thread.

I appreciate I am in danger of having a whinge, which is not my intention, but I want to play out the thought process I will go through this week, when contemplating whether or not to renew.

Personally, I endured 12.5 home fixtures last season, on my ST. (I left the Newcastle game at half time, coz I was bored stupid). I missed the remainder through work commitments/mid-week kick-offs and the occasional bit of apathy.

I appreciate I can use the ticket exchange, but I tend to offer my seat out to friends/family in the first instance, if I can't make it.

So, £570 / 12.5 = £45.60 per game I watched last season.

I don't go to away games. So other than the potential to guarantee cup tickets, there is such little incentive to renew.

The most sensible thing for me to do is to get a membership and cherry-pick the games I wan't to go to.

The danger for the club is that I won't cherry pick the 13 games I am able to attend, I will cherry pick 5 or 6. Life will get in the way of the other fixtures, as opposed to football getting in the way of life.

So, £200 rather than £570.

Seems a simple decision financially, only complicated by a sense of loyalty and habit (but certainly not entertainment and enjoyment, which is what it used to be).

How much is the average game in the wings? £35?

That means if you buy a season ticket and due to the ridiculous scheduling of matches now, you can't get to three of the nineteen home games, you'd be better off just paying for each game individually.

Quote Originally Posted by ooh it's a corner View Post
    Whenever we announce ST pricing, there is always a backlash against the club and this thread becomes a "if you don't like the pricing, don't ***** about it, simply don't buy it" thread.

I appreciate I am in danger of having a whinge, which is not my intention, but I want to play out the thought process I will go through this week, when contemplating whether or not to renew.

Personally, I endured 12.5 home fixtures last season, on my ST. (I left the Newcastle game at half time, coz I was bored stupid). I missed the remainder through work commitments/mid-week kick-offs and the occasional bit of apathy.

I appreciate I can use the ticket exchange, but I tend to offer my seat out to friends/family in the first instance, if I can't make it.

I don't go to away games. So other than the potential to guarantee cup tickets, there is such little incentive to renew.

The most sensible thing for me to do is to get a membership and cherry-pick the games I wan't to go to.

The danger for the club is that I won't cherry pick the 13 games I am able to attend, I will cherry pick 5 or 6. Life will get in the way of the other fixtures, as opposed to football getting in the way of life.

Seems a simple decision financially, only complicated by a sense of loyalty and habit (but certainly not entertainment and enjoyment, which is what it used to be).
    Exactly. I wonder if pricing should be scaled more, so a full season ticket averages at, say £25 per game, but you can also buy a 10-match season ticket for £30 per game etc. Obviously it could get a little complicated, in that you'd have to have a quota of 2 A games, 4 B games and 4 C games within that 10 so people couldn't just choose the big games. Although I always have a look at the prices, in the end I know I won't be able to get to all the games so it's just not worth the expense.

What a **** take, so renewals get no benefits whatsoever, except the standard 'spend more money in our shop and get a discount on purchases'. I thought that as we're now a 'small club' the prices should reflect this, what are season ticket prices at Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton etc. after all old Ralphy has stated we're like them.

I suppose that at least with no renewal discount I can wait until I see how the squad shapes up before deciding, had enough of being treated like mugs by the club, the prices we pay, we shouldn't be getting apprentice managers for the big clubs and we should be holding on to our bigger players and not buying players with the proceeds from the sale of other players.

Pretty much done with the club now, how many wins did we see last season, whilst paying through the nose whilst that **** managing us attempted to learn on the job.

I’ve just received my emails. No mention of any renewal deadline, any ideas? Anybody? I need to put them on the latest possible credit card statement.

MLG, can you post other ST renewals at PL teams?
    It would be interesting to see how we stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    MLG, can you post other ST renewals at PL teams?
    It would be interesting to see how we stack up.
    Think we were 6th or 7th most expensive last year.

For anyone who doesn’t do away games, why on earth would you get a season ticket? I wish the club would do an away ST so I could give mine up. No interest in lining the pockets of the Chinese idiots and if we ever make a final agai id just get a tout.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    I’ve just received my emails. No mention of any renewal deadline, any ideas? Anybody? I need to put them on the latest possible credit card statement.
    Yep, I've been searching for a deadline too, can't find one anywhere!

Haven't looked at the prices but am sure of three things:

1. They are a disgrace

2. I will buy one

3. Lots on here will say they are a disgrace and won't be buying one and then will buy one

Quote Originally Posted by StDunko View Post
    Yep, I've been searching for a deadline too, can't find one anywhere!
    Renewal deadline 22nd June

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/Pages...hlIqLZrQWBuQ0=

Anyone else tried clicking on the FAQ's and get put in a queue for FA cup semi-final tickets and an imaginary game against West Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Millbrook Saint View Post
    Ta muchly

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    For anyone who doesn’t do away games, why on earth would you get a season ticket? I wish the club would do an away ST so I could give mine up. No interest in lining the pockets of the Chinese idiots and if we ever make a final agai id just get a tout.
    It's just convenient. Saves wondering when tickets go on sale and then having to be in front of a computer to do the necessary, repeatedly across a season.

but this year, that balance between convenience/cost/entertainment may have been breached....

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Absolutely this, i'd buy an away season ticket without thinking and then pick and choose my home games as i saw fit, if i'm honest i feel out of love with home games ages ago, a combination of terrible football, appalling atmosphere, the Northam slowly being filled with old women and people that are so stupid they'll potentially forget to breathe at any moment, half half scarves and "banter" that just seems to be the same five songs sung in a different way with everyone laughing and patting themselves on them back as if it's the funniest thing ever.

Add to that that if we do well we lose our best players to those above, and SKY/BT move games without much of a notice, and i just find going to SMS a chore.

Aways on the other hand are a day out with my mates, often to places i'd never f*cking dream of going to (Wigan and Huddersfield!) and despite the football are almost always a good laugh. Plus big games and london games aside our fan to mong ratio is far lower, and you can stand all game without any bother.

Prices frozen so taking into account the current rate of inflation this is a price reduction in real terms

It's not ideal but also not the worst, check out what Spurs Increases were this season.

Got until June 22nd, I reckon we'll sell about the same number as this year. I'm excited at who our free pre season friendly will be against, hopefully not Augsburg again after last year's thrashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Haven't looked at the prices but am sure of three things:

1. They are a disgrace

2. I will buy one

3. Lots on here will say they are a disgrace and won't be buying one and then will buy one
    I think the club are calling supporter's bluff. Like last year, they're aware of fans huffing and puffing but probably see talk of not renewing as empty threats. No discounted renewal prices again for loyal fans and just a price freeze after 2 seasons of mostly turgid dross may well come back and bite them on their collective arses.

I've been to most home games (and many aways) since the 1971-72 season, ST holder since the Dell went all-seater. Due to circumstances (the poor football made it easier) I couldn't renew last summer and just took a membership to go when I could. When I did it was worse than the previous season and went less and less. Like many others, I just watched free streams when I could which I'd just switch off when it got painful to watch. I've got used to not going, I won't even bother with a membership this season and just pick and choose games when it suits if available.

I think the club have badly f'cked up this time not incentivising ST holders to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by ooh it's a corner View Post

I will renew from a false sense of loyalty

However your post is spot on

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Red&White View Post
    I think the club are calling supporter's bluff. Like last year, they're aware of fans huffing and puffing but probably see talk of not renewing as empty threats. No discounted renewal prices again for loyal fans and just a price freeze after 2 seasons of mostly turgid dross may well come back and bite them on their collective arses.

I've been to most home games (and many aways) since the 1971-72 season, ST holder since the Dell went all-seater. Due to circumstances (the poor football made it easier) I couldn't renew last summer and just took a membership to go when I could. When I did it was worse than the previous season and went less and less. Like many others, I just watched free streams when I could which I'd just switch off when it got painful to watch. I've got used to not going, I won't even bother with a membership this season and just pick and choose games when it suits if available.

I think the club have badly f'cked up this time not incentivising ST holders to renew.
    Couple of chaps from our 'gang' stopped going. We always went home and often away together all of us ST holders, the first one gave up his season ticket first season back in the Prem, Sky o'clock kick offs and an uneven playing field were his main reasons, then 3 seasons ago another of our 4 decided not to go, he again was fed up with sky o'clock but more so disillusioned with the Premier League as a product. Both of them said at first it was really hard not going, but they were both surprised at how quickly and easily that feeling passed, by Christmas they both said, independently, the desire to go and watch Saints had pretty much vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Prices frozen so taking into account the current rate of inflation this is a price reduction in real terms

It's not ideal but also not the worst, check out what Spurs Increases were this season.

Got until June 22nd, I reckon we'll sell about the same number as this year. I'm excited at who our free pre season friendly will be against, hopefully not Augsburg again after last year's thrashing.
    JRM

I really hope your prediction is correct.

I think we sold 20-22,000 last year and many didnt use the the ticket exchange so the advertised attendance figures didnt show the attendance on the day

I predict many of those who didnt turn up for games will not renew and I know quite a few long time season ticket holders who wont renew this year.

I also predict that unless there is good news on the Manager and Squad Saints will struggle to sell more than 14-15k season tickets

They should really have given more incentives to younger supporters (up to 21-25?) and those who renew

Really don't understand why the club don't do a loyalty scheme for season ticket holders, they could easily implement a discount scheme such as below

£25 - £30 discount per year as a season ticket holder, up to 5 years, giving you a maximum of £125 discount.

or

5% discount per year up to 25%

If you don't renew you one year you get reset to maximum price.

This would encourage renewals and people would see it as a badge of honour having maximum discount

Default Season Ticket 18/19 Prices

Ahh the uber fan is now poo pooing ST holders. Never mind they seem to only be in it for the social occasion and slagging off other fans - the irony. Fck me don’t mind if they give games a swerve

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    absolute ****ing joke, no preference to those who have had years of ST's.
    I'll renew this year but seriously will reconsider going forward.
    They spent £20m on a waste of time striker, that equates to 14,000 ST holders at £75, would much rather have had that discount that fuking Brillo Carillo or whatever his name is.
    What’s the maths? 20, 000 STs at £700 will only bring in £14m.
    Tough choice - Carrillo or free ST. Do an Everton style survey please

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

I haven’t had an ST for a while, but am considering it now. What I need is a sign from the club that we have some ambition about us - best of the rest will do.

Appointing a decent manager - I’ll accept Hughes - and a couple of marque signings early doors will probably swing it.

For those asking why the club do not offer an Away Season Ticket ....... they do........I have had one for around 15 years. Suggest you contact the ticket office for details. Its all done very efficiently and you can miss 4 games a season which you must indicate before beginning of season. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    How much is the average game in the wings? £35?

That means if you buy a season ticket and due to the ridiculous scheduling of matches now, you can't get to three of the nineteen home games, you'd be better off just paying for each game individually.
    As somebody who lives in Shropshire, but likes to go to as many games as I can, I have to say that not being a STH has never really be much of a barrier. My son and I pick and choose which games we go to and rarely have any problems getting tickets on General Sale. So if your not too bothered about having 'your' seat perhaps picking your matches is the way to go. If enough people did this perhaps it would demonstrate to the club that we are not going to commit on a season-wide scale until they start to commit a little more to the fans.

After 2 seasons of relative failure from Ralph, Les and the rest of the board I’m not renewing until I see commitment from them that things are going to be different. Manager signed up this week to start, players who don’t want to be here gone ASAP - so don’t hang onto them to appease fans, then sell them anyway - and then all the sales money plus the money from VVD reinvested in decent hungry players to make a better first team squad. We’ve missed our opportunity to go beyond to another level for a little but so at minimum, I want players who give a toss about playing for us and no or at least minimum bullish!t from the board.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Until people stop buying them, they’ll stay the same.

After about 20 years I gave mine up at the start of the season just gone and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. I now pick and choose the home games (luckily I can get them for free anyway) I attend and generally only do aways. I haven’t missed it one bit. Sh!t football, sh!t kick of days/times and sh!t management on and off the pitch has pushed me away.

The only way I’d get another one is in the unlikely event we pull our finger out and get EL football (and that’s only cos I don’t want to miss the away games).
    We can manage without you

46. Default Season Ticket 18/19 Prices

I get a season ticket because I’d go to most games anyway & I like the view I have from my regular seat.

It also gives me priority to pick and choose away games (alongside the record I’ve built up from previous season).

There isn’t much in life that doesn’t go up with inflation, so I’m pleased with the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know if the admin charge for the 10 month payment option is per ticket or per transaction? I've got 3 to buy and it seems a little excessive charging a £37 fee to renew a kids £50 season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Anyone know if the admin charge for the 10 month payment option is per ticket or per transaction? I've got 3 to buy and it seems a little excessive charging a £37 fee to renew a kids £50 season ticket.
    Renew the kid's up front and spread the others?

Doesn't answer your question of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    If you can why not get Virgin 0% credit card 30 months interest free .....

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    Renew the kid's up front and spread the others?

Doesn't answer your question of course.
    Good point, hadn't thought of that.