Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 108

Thread: Season Ticket 18/19 Prices

  1. Default

    I dare say I'll be renewing this time, but it's getting to the point that it's more because I like the people around me than what I'm watching on the pitch.

    Not offering any incentive for current season ticket holders yet again just seems odd. Certainly makes it easier to think about walking away as I know it won't cost anything extra to dip back in if we start putting better football on show than the last couple of seasons.

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Driving the pace on the front.
    Posts
    14,371

    Default

    When we gave up ours I thought I'd miss going to SMS. I don't, it's a chore to go now.

    Aways on the other hand, are excellent.

    That said, If I still lived in Soton I'd be renewing simply because they're my team.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by View From The Top View Post
    When we gave up ours I thought I'd miss going to SMS. I don't, it's a chore to go now.

    Aways on the other hand, are excellent.

    That said, If I still lived in Soton I'd be renewing simply because they're my team.
    TBH, if you lived down here and were going every home game you might see it a bit differently, even though it is 'our' team.

    I think there could be quite a sizeable proportion of our fanbase that is disillusioned, warning signs were there last year but sacking Puel and bringing someone in who was going to play "exciting", "high pressing", "attacking" football saved the day. We all know how that one ended. Fool us once, etc., etc.

    If the shocking atmosphere inside St Mary's throughout the last season wasn't ringing alarm bells, then nowhere near selling out for an FA Cup semi-final should have been the wake-up call to act and get the fans back onside. I think part 2 of Ralph's latest interview and not offering any incentive to loyal ST holders will take its toll. I'm sure we're not, but, are we the only club not to offer its fans an 'Early Bird' renewal?

    So we may be seeing a bit more of this in the near future



    Well, someone had to do it

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ringwood/ Poole
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Season ticket holder since league 1 , infact we have 3 tickets , the price isn't the factor I'm struggling with ,biggest factor its the football , last year i only missed the xmas games due to being away , but at times the effort to get to the games and then be served rubbish has made me waiver .

    Currently thinking give it one more year , in reality its takes the whole day out unless its an evening KO , Dads not getting any younger and struggles now to get to the ground , so maybe this year will just be two tickets , but as has been said elsewhere , maybe membership gives better value , as if the football is as dire as last year it becomes pay as you go rather than pay even if you dont go, need to see some actions from the club to make it worth them having my money in advance

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    100 miles south-east of Newport
    Posts
    28,775
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Anyone know if the admin charge for the 10 month payment option is per ticket or per transaction? I've got 3 to buy and it seems a little excessive charging a £37 fee to renew a kids £50 season ticket.
    It's per transaction. At least it was the last two years when my wife did it.

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Until people stop buying them, theyíll stay the same.

    After about 20 years I gave mine up at the start of the season just gone and it was the best thing Iíve ever done. I now pick and choose the home games (luckily I can get them for free anyway) I attend and generally only do aways. I havenít missed it one bit. Sh!t football, sh!t kick of days/times and sh!t management on and off the pitch has pushed me away.

    The only way Iíd get another one is in the unlikely event we pull our finger out and get EL football (and thatís only cos I donít want to miss the away games).
    You get home games for free?

    that does rather dilute your argument we'd all give up our ST if we got homes games free to

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    100 miles south-east of Newport
    Posts
    28,775
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    FWIW I don't have a problem with the prices being frozen and I think most of the complaining is because for some reason people think they should pay less to watch us play badly, which really isn't how it works.

    That being said, I've enjoyed this season less than any since re-starting my ST 12 years ago and we're still miles better now than we were in the Championship on the way down. Having done 9 aways this season and given that I missed two homes (and didn't do any Cup homes) this season, I've also done fewer Saints matches overall than in years.

    I'm still renewing, but the fall off around me was already in effect last season - all 8-ish people to our left to the aisle didn't renew last year (and it hasn't been the same this season with a different lot). I've also had the offer of a free carer ticket from a mate, but balls am I going in the Itchen (Chapel end) rather than the Northam.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alehouseboys View Post
    TBH, if you lived down here and were going every home game you might see it a bit differently, even though it is 'our' team.

    I think there could be quite a sizeable proportion of our fanbase that is disillusioned, warning signs were there last year but sacking Puel and bringing someone in who was going to play "exciting", "high pressing", "attacking" football saved the day. We all know how that one ended. Fool us once, etc., etc.

    If the shocking atmosphere inside St Mary's throughout the last season wasn't ringing alarm bells, then nowhere near selling out for an FA Cup semi-final should have been the wake-up call to act and get the fans back onside. I think part 2 of Ralph's latest interview and not offering any incentive to loyal ST holders will take its toll. I'm sure we're not, but, are we the only club not to offer its fans an 'Early Bird' renewal?

    So we may be seeing a bit more of this in the near future



    Well, someone had to do it
    still funny

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    You get home games for free?

    that does rather dilute your argument we'd all give up our ST if we got homes games free to
    I only went to about 4 home games. Point was I donít miss it.

    Also, the free tickets arenít pick where you sit. Theyíre often in the i then/chapel corner, which is pretty sh!t.

  10. #60

    Default

    Away season tickets mentioned in this thread, is this a wind up? I missed about 7 home games this season. Guess which ones, yep all of them which we won. Sat through some right ********. Also only missed a couple of always, some great days out when even the football is crap itís still a day out.
    I donít want to renew but I will as I donít want to miss out on the always. We wonít make it to wembley 3 years in a row. No price drop for renewals, it seems like theyíre after a new set of younger supporters, ones that donít ***** and moan on here all the time. Could you blame them?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashleyb5443 View Post
    Away season tickets mentioned in this thread, is this a wind up? I missed about 7 home games this season. Guess which ones, yep all of them which we won. Sat through some right ********. Also only missed a couple of always, some great days out when even the football is crap itís still a day out.
    I donít want to renew but I will as I donít want to miss out on the aways. We wonít make it to wembley 3 years in a row. No price drop for renewals, it seems like theyíre after a new set of new supporters from the membership database, ones that donít ***** and moan on here all the time. Could you blame them?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #62

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moving up with the Saints
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I gave up my ST last year through moving away. Why doesn't the club give free shirt for renewals as the cost price can't be that much

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cadesupfront View Post
    I gave up my ST last year through moving away. Why doesn't the club give free shirt for renewals as the cost price can't be that much
    I wouldn't want a free shirt. Would rather the cash off. Shirts are for kids.

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mehball View Post
    I wouldn't want a free shirt. Would rather the cash off. Shirts are for kids.
    Oh your sooooo cool!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #65

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    up shite creek without a paddle
    Posts
    94

    Default

    I wonder how renewals are going?

  16. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csh398 View Post
    I wonder how renewals are going?
    Still haven't renewed mine, still not sure if I will.

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

  17. Default

    Renewed my 2 prob for the last time, as after this, my lad's circumstances will be different.

  18. #68

    Default

    I'm waiting for my credit card statement date as then I don't actually have to pay until August. I don't mind making them sweat a bit either, as I really dislike how we're taken for granted. Perhaps the owner will ammortise his purchase over a longer period and look at Villa to see football clubs are milch cows that can dry up if they're over-milked.

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Still haven't renewed mine, still not sure if I will.

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    Still haven't renewed mine either, the pricing really p*sses me off and if i do it the only reason will be so i can guarantee the away games i want to go to

  20. #70

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,044

    Default

    I haven't renewed yet but I will. I just don't see any point in giving up my money until the last moment.

  21. #71

    Default

    I renewed 3 season tickets - at least they did give me a rebate for the Stoke game we couldn't get to because of the weather

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mehball View Post
    I wouldn't want a free shirt. Would rather the cash off. Shirts are for kids.
    They're the right size for them!

  23. #73

    Default

    Do the individual match day prices remain the same? The value (or saving made) buying a season ticket might be determined by that to some fans.

  24. #74

    Default

    I'm guessing sales are not that great considering the recent 'Please renew' letter I got through the post.

  25. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mehball View Post
    I'm guessing sales are not that great considering the recent 'Please renew' letter I got through the post.
    I was thinking the same thing. To be honest they absolute f*cked up the price and the news of the top six getting even more money hardly lends me to renewing. In fact as i put on the Ugly,

    This year i haven't renewed yet and i'm deeply sceptical about if i will. The only thing that's making think about it is access to away games which i'd probably lose if i didn't have a season ticket.

    Other than that i'm seriously struggling to think why i'd bother, the game is totally rigged now, you can't predict when matches will be played because of TV, the atmosphere is terrible at every ground in the top flight and frankly there's better things i can spend my money on.

    If i'm honest i'm actually slightly disappointed we didn't get relegated last season, had we been in the Championship i'd have renewed without thinking.

  26. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. To be honest they absolute f*cked up the price and the news of the top six getting even more money hardly lends me to renewing. In fact as i put on the Ugly,

    This year i haven't renewed yet and i'm deeply sceptical about if i will. The only thing that's making think about it is access to away games which i'd probably lose if i didn't have a season ticket.

    Other than that i'm seriously struggling to think why i'd bother, the game is totally rigged now, you can't predict when matches will be played because of TV, the atmosphere is terrible at every ground in the top flight and frankly there's better things i can spend my money on.

    If i'm honest i'm actually slightly disappointed we didn't get relegated last season, had we been in the Championship i'd have renewed without thinking.
    If you know enough other STH who dont regularly do aways, then just use their ST's to get away tickets. People have always done it.

  27. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    If you know enough other STH who dont regularly do aways, then just use their ST's to get away tickets. People have always done it.
    Which works in theory but then you get a game like the Skates away or a big london day and that season ticket holder wants their ticket for the game and you miss out.

  28. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    TBH I was on the fence but the news today that the top 6 will just get more money than before has decided it for me. I am not renewing this season..

  29. #79

    Default

    I will renew. I started enjoying football again with last season's relegation battle. I think we will finish top ten next season and the football will be more entertaining.

  30. #80

    Default Season Ticket 18/19 Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Fred View Post
    TBH I was on the fence but the news today that the top 6 will just get more money than before has decided it for me. I am not renewing this season..
    Funny reason. It is done by league position not how big you are. Amazing how many bleat about it being unfair. Most sports apply the same criteria.

    Would you be happy if we shared all the PL money equally with Championship clubs or even go below that?

  31. #81

    Default

    Still don't intend on renewing. I will just cherry pick from the 3pm kick offs and use a family members season ticket for the away games I want to go to.

  32. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Funny reason. It is done by league position not how big you are. Amazing how many bleat about it being unfair. Most sports apply the same criteria.

    Would you be happy if we shared all the PL money equally with Championship clubs or even go below that?
    Yes definitely, in fact one of the worst things that happened to football in this country is when the Premier League broke away to stop precisely that from happening. Also you can add the change to the share of gate receipts to that too.

  33. #83

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Funny reason. It is done by league position not how big you are. Amazing how many bleat about it being unfair. Most sports apply the same criteria.

    Would you be happy if we shared all the PL money equally with Championship clubs or even go below that?

    Yes I'd be happy for the money to be shared across all four leagues equally. Anything that makes a more level playing field is fine by me.

  34. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Yes I'd be happy for the money to be shared across all four leagues equally. Anything that makes a more level playing field is fine by me.
    another to add to yes, that's exactly what id like to happen

    haven't renewed yet, and still torn if im going to or not (although, as usual, think I probably will eventually)

  35. Default

    It is interesting that many supporters of the big teams also think that this move is bad for the game and will just increase the gap between the Big boys and the rest. That's fine if you are happy with the way things are now and will be in the future. This is probably the last time I renew (although I say that every year) as I cannot see the point of being in a competition where I can name you the top 6 for the forthcoming season, and the one after that, and the one after that etc etc etc. Same as this season just gone, and the one before that. OK, in the past few seasons, there has been an interloper on occasions and one recent season there were 2 - Leicester and us.

  36. #86

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Funny reason. It is done by league position not how big you are. Amazing how many bleat about it being unfair. Most sports apply the same criteria.

    Would you be happy if we shared all the PL money equally with Championship clubs or even go below that?
    Premier League money should be shared equally across the 20 clubs, they are all part of the product, and seeing as the top 6 feature on TV more than the rest that’s where the facilitation payment puts them ahead of everyone else.

    In Spain Real and Barca get 55% of the TV money, but then in Spain you support your team then one of the big 2. In Rugby League the TV pot is shared equally whether you finished top or bottom you get the same money, the idea being that it stopped certain clubs becoming super powerful and taking the entertainment out of the game. Even the Septics, where money is king, give first first pick to the bottom club in the American Football Leagues on the college draft system, again to stop the best fresh talent being hoovered up by the same clubs.

    Top flight football will eventually eat itself

  37. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    C/Ford Southampton
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Whatís the maths? 20, 000 STs at £700 will only bring in £14m.
    Tough choice - Carrillo or free ST. Do an Everton style survey please
    Good stat - shows you why they don't give a flying pig what season ticket holders feel. It's the tv dosh that matters.
    There is no reason anymore for supporting a club. Just go if there is a game you fancy. Just like going to the cinema or theatre or concert.

    4 wins out of 19 home games last year. And they were pretty boring too.

  38. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hughieslastminutegoal View Post
    Good stat - shows you why they don't give a flying pig what season ticket holders feel. It's the tv dosh that matters.
    There is no reason anymore for supporting a club. Just go if there is a game you fancy. Just like going to the cinema or theatre or concert.

    4 wins out of 19 home games last year. And they were pretty boring too.
    And the season before we only managed 6 home wins. So 10 home wins from the last 38 games, yet the club continue to charge the same price they charged when we finished 6th...

  39. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saints foreva View Post
    And the season before we only managed 6 home wins. So 10 home wins from the last 38 games, yet the club continue to charge the same price they charged when we finished 6th...
    So you think season tickets should be priced per number of wins....

  40. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    So you think season tickets should be priced per number of wins....
    I think it should be priced fairly based on the quality we have and statistically, we have been the worst value for money at home for the last two seasons and unless we have a good transfer window (doubtful) we will continue to be one of the worst value for money teams in the league next season at home.

  41. #91

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Funny reason. It is done by league position not how big you are. Amazing how many bleat about it being unfair. Most sports apply the same criteria.

    Would you be happy if we shared all the PL money equally with Championship clubs or even go below that?
    I would yes...the point is not about Saints, I have just had enough of the premier league. The football is rubbish and every rule change is geared towards the haves and to eliminate any resemblance of competition.
    It's all about making money in the Far East it's not about sport anymore... Even the lower teams who are accepting this are doing so as it protects their millions they get now...they have no interest in competing.for example .how many teams play 2nd teams in the cup as there is no money in it?
    I will pick and choose games I go to in future..but I will avoid the games against the top 6 as I have no interest in them.

  42. #92

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    So you think season tickets should be priced per number of wins....
    Why not? The club just agreed that they get more money by winning more games so why shouldn't the fans have the same?

  43. #93

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Fred View Post
    Why not? The club just agreed that they get more money by winning more games so why shouldn't the fans have the same?

    How are going facilitate that pay for you ST and the end of the season?

  44. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    How are going facilitate that pay for you ST and the end of the season?
    A rebate off renewal for the following season.

  45. #95

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    A rebate off renewal for the following season.
    They wouldn't be far off free for this renewal if this was implemented..

  46. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    A rebate off renewal for the following season.
    Fair shout.

    Would also incentivise retention and reward loyalty.

  47. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    They wouldn't be far off free for this renewal if this was implemented..
    If you set a base price (I.e £400-£500) and then base the rest of performance there is no reason why it wouldn’t/couldn’t work.

    It’ll never happen, but the way the club have just decided to abandon any loyalty for renewing ST holders is a disgrace, imo.

  48. #98

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    If you set a base price (I.e £400-£500) and then base the rest of performance there is no reason why it wouldn’t/couldn’t work.

    It’ll never happen, but the way the club have just decided to abandon any loyalty for renewing ST holders is a disgrace, imo.
    Agreed...

  49. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Searching for the voice of reason
    Posts
    3,826
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    How are going facilitate that pay for you ST and the end of the season?
    Pay as normal. Get a rebate at end of the season.

  50. #100

    Default Season Ticket 18/19 Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    Yes definitely, in fact one of the worst things that happened to football in this country is when the Premier League broke away to stop precisely that from happening. Also you can add the change to the share of gate receipts to that too.
    As I typed I thought actually it would be fairer. Point is that the winners are always rewarded. No one says Federer should get same as someone who loses in Wimbledon first round. It isnít that they are saying big clubs should have bigger share cos on tv more - which is the reality but whoever does the best.

    We all get p1ssed off at the big clubs but saying mediocrity in PL deserves same as the winners is ridiculous. Yeah we can predict the first 6 in PL but we were in it recently and obviously Leicester shown it isnít completely hopeless.
    Last edited by whelk; 08-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •