Mark Hughes

arfurdent

More opinionated idiots, does this forum really need that?

I'm teaching an online English lesson this evening and what came to mind reading this thread was some more work on collocations and reinforcing adjectives: sometimes there's a choice and we have personal preferences. "Utter w*nker" and "Absolute w*nker" were the two that came to mind. Do any of you use alternatives?

:lol::lol::toppa:

If the team manager becomes the main driver behind signings then that worries me. If anything goues wrong we could end up with a bloated squad full of previous managers' signings and be unable to get rid of them. Surely the point of a DoF is to avoid that scenario. Of course the manager should be in agreement with a signing and even make strong suggestions of his own but he should not be the prime driver.

If the team manager becomes the main driver behind signings then that worries me. If anything goues wrong we could end up with a bloated squad full of previous managers' signings and be unable to get rid of them. Surely the point of a DoF is to avoid that scenario. Of course the manager should be in agreement with a signing and even make strong suggestions of his own but he should not be the prime driver.

The manager has to be the prime driver, otherwise you have a subs bench of £15m players who he doesn't rate. A decent DOF has the checks and balances role.

I'd like us to go back to more actual scouting, rather than watching videos and having an advance preview of the Football Manager database.

I think the situation Mark wants is Wilson as head of recruitment to work directly with him to identify and sign players.

Rather than the current setup which appears to be Reed working with Wilson and deciding what players the manager needs.

As seen with the Redmond signing when we had no manager.

Carillo

Thanks for all the attention. But it's not needed. We have a saying in Kenya "A Hyena can't smell its own stench" and that is very applicable to some of the hateful comments and users on here. I will continue to post any snippets of info I receive, from wherever it comes. Don't hate. Love and Light.

Thanks for all the attention. But it's not needed. We have a saying in Kenya "A Hyena can't smell its own stench" and that is very applicable to some of the hateful comments and users on here. I will continue to post any snippets of info I receive, from wherever it comes. Don't hate. Love and Light.

We to have a saying in the UK "obvious troll is obvious"....

We to have a saying in the UK "obvious troll is obvious"....

That's cute. Thanks. Alot of butthurt people that I have provided accurate information. Hughes all but done, but Les chucked a MoPe mould manager in the frame and rebuffed. Don't hate. Love and Light.

:lol:

That's cute. Thanks. Alot of butthurt people that I have provided accurate information. Hughes all but done, but Les chucked a MoPe mould manager in the frame and rebuffed. Don't hate. Love and Light.

Light n love from Scotland

Very amateurish Glasgow,

Edited by diggers

The forum's been crying out for a decent parody account from an overseas supporter. With neither the wit of a beijing casual nor the cunning to create an internally consistent watertight backstory, little ekon failed to rise to the occasion.

And to think: it all started so promisingly. Setting up a twitter account was an intriguing, leftfield gambit, though, in hindsight, the little fella should have probably seeded the account for a few months before joining the forum - not to mention avoid talking about this place literally with his first tweet.

Alas the result has been bang average. Like the bad remake of a classic movie, more than anything, though, I feel disappointed about what might have been and even more disappointed that it will be months, if not years now till memories have faded and someone hopefully more capable than this helmet can have another crack at things.

Mess.

Don’t let the haters get you down buddy

I think the situation Mark wants is Wilson as head of recruitment to work directly with him to identify and sign players.

Rather than the current setup which appears to be Reed working with Wilson and deciding what players the manager needs.

As seen with the Redmond signing when we had no manager.

Ah!, Mark is it now? How long before he becomes Effing Hughes as in Effing Puel and Effing Pellegrino?

Just asking.

Best to stay neutral my friend, that way no egg on face when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Forum needs good posters with opinions and passion.

The fact he's ITK is a bonus.

Can you please link to the (now) confirmed information (the poster in question) posted before anyone else?

Many thanks.

In all of this debate where does Carillo fit in? A panic buy for sure, but who instigated and who had the ultimate approval. Did Reed push for it (if so why!?) or was he overruled. What was the involvement of the manager and the dynamic between the two? Perhaps Landford saint et al. can canvass the opinions of those closer to the club than us grunt fans?

Sorry. Can't help you there. As I said above I am definitely not in the know....

I just occasionally cross paths with someone who also supports Saints who's connection to the club I won't divulge.

I am the least ITK person on this forum.

This was given to me by someone, who has given me what turned out to be accurate info in the past.

Bowen and Niedzwiecki have agreed contracts and theirs are all sorted. Sparkies was delayed by a few small details including his re-assurances over Les Reeds influence (or lack of). The contract details are all now settled and once officially agreed and signed off by all parties, the announcement will be made, probably Monday. As someone above mentioned A N Other manager was put forward by LR, but this was quickly kicked into the long grass by the rest of the board.

More or less what the Echo says.....

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/16237784.Saints_hope_to_announce_Hughes_early_this_week/

This was given to me by someone, who has given me what turned out to be accurate info in the past.

Bowen and Niedzwiecki have agreed contracts and theirs are all sorted. Sparkies was delayed by a few small details including his re-assurances over Les Reeds influence (or lack of). The contract details are all now settled and once officially agreed and signed off by all parties, the announcement will be made, probably Monday. As someone above mentioned A N Other manager was put forward by LR, but this was quickly kicked into the long grass by the rest of the board.

An Irishman at the Rockingham Arms?? :)

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting stuff..as was the short Echo piece.

So a different option put forward by LR......I wonder if this was a "let's consider an alternative", which is not a bad thing assuming they were decent; or was it a "No to MH. I want this guy." In which case surely his position would be close to untenable?

MH would never put up with Les stepping on his toes....will be good for the club to have a stronger manager in place. MoPe did feel so like a 'yes man'. Wonder if RK will still be doing his motivational lunches for the players?

Actually starting to feel optimistic for next season.

so you get to decide who can post?

Nope but I pay my money so like everyone else I get to have my opinion on all post's and posters as I see fit , You have been found out as a blagger so as I have said take it like everyone else does and get on with it !

A mere 13 minutes after the thread was started with this post...

inside sources confirm that other options are being explored

The Telegraph published this article...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/18/mark-hughes-expected-announced-permanent-southampton-manager/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

That is why it is hard to believe the opening post.

giphy.gif

Inside sources = Les Reed

As stated above, Les is likely on his way out (or at a minimum much weakened). Kudo's to Hughes for realizing what a bozo Les is.

If only the fanbase could do the same. Still recent posts on the Leslie thread defending him. You couldn't make it up. :mcinnes:

Hughes to be announced this week. Love and Light.
I'm glad you told me that. Wonderful ITK knowledge that would be impressive if it hadn't been posted several times already and published in the media.

Ah, but I guess the bush telegraph works pretty slowly. Bit of a hindrance when you're trying to make an impression on an internet forum.

Peace and love from Shropshire.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry. Can't help you there. As I said above I am definitely not in the know....

I just occasionally cross paths with someone who also supports Saints who's connection to the club I won't divulge.

Of course, we wouldn't expect you to. It's a nagging question, and I'm sure you'd like to know too. Keep criss-crossing those paths. ;-)

It does seem to me that the ITK's in this thread were all correct in their own way:

Arfurdent - Les saying that the club is considering other options, because that's what Les wanted. This then overinterpreted by the OP as Hughes out of the running.

Telegraph - leak from Ralph or someone else on the board designed to be supportive to Hughes.

EkonOkereke - dubious Kenyan back story but basically on the money that Les wanted to try to for another option. Les again talking up the possibility of other options, because that's what he wanted.

Landford.Saints - basically confirms that Les tried to propose an alternative but it was rejected by the board. But this time the tone is a little different because its Ralph or other board member shutting down any possibility that someone else would have been chosen.

Huffton - confirms there has been a power struggle behind the scenes

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer

Hughes to be announced this week. Love and Light.
Thanks for the info.

This post should be a lesson to other ITKs, no bull****, just clear statements which will either be proven correct or incorrect.

#loveandlight

My money's on this chap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mart%C3%ADn_Posse

Argentinian

Unfashionable Spanish club manager

Forty something

Nice hair

Initials M.P.