Mark Hughes

arfurdent

Well done Sparky and Co. Feel good days may be back!

This. I'm optimistic that he'll bring the right blend of control of the team and motivation, and actually get them fit.

He's got a good connection with both fans and the players. We finished the season on a positive - surviving and some decent results.

Next season will be good. You heard it here first. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bloody hell, we actually made the obvious choice!

Glad that's all sorted, perhaps people can stop wetting themselves now?

Nope, it’ll be worse. Can’t be long before the “we haven’t signed anyone” meltdown happens and with it a whole pile of hilarious parody accounts.

We've gone from Ronald Koeman to Mark Hughes in two seasons. Takes a minute or two to sink in.

But who's to say Hughes won't prove to be as good a fit.

Looking forward to a couple of solid 9th place finishes, and cup runs under MH.

All Hail Ekon. ITK extraordinaire

Not exactly his latest post today suggested that transfer budget was still a sticking point. Whereas the likes of VFTT indicated it was pretty much a done deal. Little fella is one and out.

Glad we got Sparky. At least we will get to see some football now, and results are also likely to improve. I bet Reed was trying to hang on for Jokanovic, we are officially continental knob jockey free for the first time in two seasons. Time for Reed to explain his role and plans, and how Sparky fits into that, or bugger off.

Don't they usual post pictures of the actual signing and hand shakes together with an expensive watch on display etc.........?

Pretty sure as people are currently on holiday this has been put forward a little to appease the impending meltdown the fans were waffling on about. Proper interviews will take place when everyone is back I'm guessing but for now I think this has been a case of someone somewhere feeling like something needed to be put out.

Where's wally (Les)? Absent again.....

Les? Wally? I thought that you meant Batman.

After all he has posted so many times on this thread (34 times) with his usual negativity you would have thought that he would have been first on here when there is a bit of good news.

This. I'm optimistic that he'll bring the right blend of control of the team and motivation, and actually get them fit.

He's got a good connection with both fans and the players. We finished the season on a positive - surviving and some decent results.

Next season will be good. You heard it here first. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can see parallels with WGS - pilloried at his last club who were relegated but forgetting some good seasons prior. WGS built a connection with the fans after the managers chair was effectively empty post Hoddle (Dalek, hold that thought!), got unfit players fit (remember his quote on why Oakley couldn’t last 90 minutes in games) and gave us a team that punched above its weight. He was never going to be with us years and years but what we had was very enjoyable. Effectively, he’s a direct replacement for Ronald and feels like a fit to who the club are in the way Claude or Pellegrino never did.

Someone will bring up QPR but those people should read Neil Warnock’s book as it makes plain how dysfunctional QPR was and he is clear neither he or Hughes had a remote chance of building anything there.

Hughes isn’t perfect but we need to rebuild, and quickly too with the window closing early. Centre back who attacks the ball and communicates, beast of a CM, wide players with blistering pace and some strikers next please. Lots of deadwood to go, who to be fair to them will probably do well at their next club because their fellow squad members will have a better mix of attributes.