Mark Hughes

arfurdent

If Les was responsible for Puel and Pellegrino he has some nerve trying to put forward another candidate. I think he is hell-bent on a footballing philosophy based on possession at all costs. Hughes has come in, kicked a few butts and mixed up the style with some route 1 and he is horrified. Time for him to go. Did a great job over the years but has totally lost the plot now. if there ever was a 'Southampton Way' and it was in any part a tactical philosophy - then obviously every side we ever played would know how to set up and play against us. Mixing it up like Sparky did at the seasons end is what it is all about. Keep the opposition guessing.

My money's on this chap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mart%C3%ADn_Posse

Argentinian

Unfashionable Spanish club manager

Forty something

Nice hair

Initials M.P.

Just think on how much money the club are saving on tracksuits and training tops with "MP" on them!!

If Hughsie wants to nab the job he needs to get his name changed to Mark Pughes sharpish :rolleyes:

If Les was responsible for Puel and Pellegrino he has some nerve trying to put forward another candidate. I think he is hell-bent on a footballing philosophy based on possession at all costs. Hughes has come in, kicked a few butts and mixed up the style with some route 1 and he is horrified. Time for him to go. Did a great job over the years but has totally lost the plot now. if there ever was a 'Southampton Way' and it was in any part a tactical philosophy - then obviously every side we ever played would know how to set up and play against us. Mixing it up like Sparky did at the seasons end is what it is all about. Keep the opposition guessing.

So Les appointed Puel & Pell, but not Hughes. In fact he’s “horrified” over it. I’m confused, either Reed picks the managers, in which case he choose Ronald Koeman & Hughes, or he doesn’t. Your theory doesn’t make sense. You claim he’s lost the plot, and wants us to play a certain way. However, you then go on to say that his latest appointment mixes it up, and doesn’t play like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not usually itk, but have it on good authority that the club, and that includes LR, have looked at multiple options before coming to a decision. This included consideration of different names, and also on the length and terms of a MH contract.

In other news, there was a royal wedding on Saturday, bees are somehow important to earth survival, the pope is catholic, and bears do **** in the woods.

Worrying that the board feel Felix Magath was worthy of an interview. Even if he doesn't get the job you'd expect Hughes will be concerned at some of these names sitting down with Les and co.

Don't know why we're messing around interviewing Magath and Megson as widely reported. Just sign Hughes!

I am the least ITK person on this forum.

This was given to me by someone, who has given me what turned out to be accurate info in the past.

Bowen and Niedzwiecki have agreed contracts and theirs are all sorted. Sparkies was delayed by a few small details including his re-assurances over Les Reeds influence (or lack of). The contract details are all now settled and once officially agreed and signed off by all parties, the announcement will be made, probably Monday. As someone above mentioned A N Other manager was put forward by LR, but this was quickly kicked into the long grass by the rest of the board.

OMG, Reed really needs to go before he can create any more damage. Krueger needs to throw him under the bus or he will join him....

I am glad Sparky sees things the way they are. Last time we had a non-yes-man as manager we finished 6th.

With a manager willing to mix it up, capable of motivating the players, and the underlying squad quality, I am optimistic we can return to the good times.

Worrying that the board feel Felix Magath was worthy of an interview. Even if he doesn't get the job you'd expect Hughes will be concerned at some of these names sitting down with Les and co.

Don't know why we're messing around interviewing Magath and Megson as widely reported. Just sign Hughes!

And where exactly has it been reported...?

Sorry...what ?! :lol: Bullsh!t!

Both Simon Peach and Adam Leitch said on Total Saints Podcast last night (Episode 38) that Hughes is 99% done - his contract is just with lawyers to finalise, with the deal being announced any time soon. B

Both Simon Peach and Adam Leitch said on Total Saints Podcast last night (Episode 38) that Hughes is 99% done - his contract is just with lawyers to finalise, with the deal being announced any time soon. B

Obviously, instead of an emoji, that should say Episode "Thirty Eight"....

Nope, still as transparently bad a troll as ever. Don't quit your day job, little fella.

Absolute bull. Probably put out there by Sky to start getting some action on their book on it.

The poster in question has become a (not very good) WUM in recent months, no idea why after years of normal posting.

It's rubbish.

So Les appointed Puel & Pell, but not Hughes. In fact he’s “horrified” over it. I’m confused, either Reed picks the managers, in which case he choose Ronald Koeman & Hughes, or he doesn’t. Your theory doesn’t make sense. You claim he’s lost the plot, and wants us to play a certain way. However, you then go on to say that his latest appointment mixes it up, and doesn’t play like that.

There are 6 directors of SFC ltd. Les Reed, Tim Greenwell, Toby Steele, Ralph Krueger, Martin Semmens and David Thomas.

5 of those 6 were officially appointed on 19/6/2017. The other is Les Reed.

Pellegrino was announced on 23/6/17. How much influence would the new board members have had on that decision?

given the rumours coming out now. Les is being outvoted by a majority of the other 5.

There are 6 directors of SFC ltd. Les Reed, Tim Greenwell, Toby Steele, Ralph Krueger, Martin Semmens and David Thomas.

5 of those 6 were officially appointed on 19/6/2017. The other is Les Reed.

Pellegrino was announced on 23/6/17. How much influence would the new board members have had on that decision?

given the rumours coming out now. Les is being outvoted by a majority of the other 5.

I'm pretty sure that Krueger was here before last June !!

Megson ! :lol::lol::lol:

While we are waiting, I saw a piece in the paper over the weekend about Lamberts departure from Stoke. It went on to say that the DoF (or whatever Stoke called him) was also under severe threat of being shown the door, because of the failings of the recent signings there providing a very expensive bench if they were lucky enough to be selected. So whilst the Coates family maligned Hughes in a recent club statement, as widely commented, and feared, on here Hughes seemingly didn’t have the level of input into transfers that let him down.

Taking the signing of Carrillo as an example, might be the reason why Hughes apparently doesn’t want players bought for him, by Les Reed, who he has no faith in and ends up the same creek as he found himself at Stoke.

I'm pretty sure that Krueger was here before last June !!
He was employed by the club, but he wasn't on the board of directors of Southampton Football Club Ltd before then.

Toby Steele was also secretary before becoming a director.

however I got jumped on by moronic trolls even though the info I supplied was actually correct. Still this forum does seem to attract that sort of poster.

How was it correct if it was proven to be incorrect a mere minute or two later?

Its a tough one for the fans.

You either agree with Ducky. Or you agree with Alpine and Glasgow :p

The poster in question has become a (not very good) WUM in recent months, no idea why after years of normal posting.

It's rubbish.

He's been posting absolute nonsense for years, including completely ficticious quotes and statistics.

I've said it before, but Southampton does have an incredible record of signing managers with freakishly strong hairlines for their age (with one obvious exception) Is this part of a strategy?

It's why Paul Hart / Arrigo Sachhi dream-team got kyboshed at the 11th hour.

Eko said announcement this week. Just be patient

I don't mind some of your posts in the way that others clearly do - I thought your 'house' analogy on the Les Reed thread wasn't bad, for example! But this Ekon stuff is insufferable and weird. Please stop it.

An Irishman at the Rockingham Arms?? :)

Not a big drinker myself. Haven't been to The Arms in a long long time. Drop in at Red Rover occasionally with Mrs Landford on way back from the game though. Never met Mr Rockingham, although I do know that Mrs Rockingham is loathe to leave their current domicile if ever that was necessary. Mind you given the location, I would be loathe to move too.

I don't mind some of your posts in the way that others clearly do - I thought your 'house' analogy on the Les Reed thread wasn't bad, for example! But this Ekon stuff is insufferable and weird. Please stop it.

Well put.

Sorry mate. Was just having a laugh.

Off season now, not much to genuinely chat about