Mark Hughes

arfurdent

It's all a bit iffy.

He was apparently going to be announced last week, then that was changed to late last week, then that got changed to early this week, and now we're almost into Thursday and still nothing. It was probably the easiest appointment we could make, he was already in situ, seemed quite happy and had an understanding of it all.

But apparently not.

The bull with the lawyers delay seems like the club trying to spin the blame to someone else, as they do with everything that doesn't go right. (Suing Atletico for e.g)

Well if they **** this up I just don’t know where they can turn. The supporters, the majority at least, are happy with him, the players seem to think he’s the bees knees.....even Ralph has a nickname for one of his assistants !

its a touch worrying as to why this hasn’t been done and dusted as yet....if at all !

If they f*ck the Hughes appointment up, I would imagine the 'Radio Solent Fans Forum' might have to wait another year.

Why is it SFC fault if Hughes wants to spend £50m if it is not available.

It is only hearsay that is the problem but doubt it

Why is it SFC fault if Hughes wants to spend £50m if it is not available.

It is only hearsay that is the problem but doubt it

I think it highlights that we are the only club that has to sell players to buy. Let alone when we receive world record fees and vast sums of that is left over

I heard it was agreed but he’s since been told no funds for transfers except what he generates through sales. VVD money not available - Hughes has asked for £50M for transfers but been told no. He’s said he’s off on family holiday from this weekend and if not sorted by then he’s walking away.

Happy days!

You tell them Mark,only way to deal with this lot.

I thought Kat was selling us to the new owners with only the club’s long-term interests in mind.
If this is true, and it seems tenuous at the moment, it's confirmation that Mr Gao wants to pay off his loan asap. And then pocket the profits.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If this is true, and it seems tenuous at the moment, it's confirmation that Mr Gao wants to pay off his loan asap. And then pocket the profits.

That explains him wanting to buy a sister club.

The panic on here is excruciating.

In the latest Total saints podcast, it was mentioned (by Steve grant I think) that there was a complete lack of anger towards the directors box at the city game which probably allows them to feel they got away with it.

Edited by Batman

Devil's advocate and/or thinking-out-loud klaxon...

Given our club's mantra has been about "building a self sufficient operating model" for several years, where would this extra £50m that Hughes supposedly wants come from? Given we don't make £50m profit per annum, one assumes this additional funds would have to be borrowed from somewhere but how does that fit into the aforementioned self sufficiency model? I suppose buying players we can't afford might help us 'win' an FA Cup. That approach seemed to work for the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012... :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Given our club's mantra has been about "building a self sufficient operating model" for several years, where would this extra £50m that Hughes supposedly wants come from? Given we don't make £50m profit per annum, one assumes this additional funds would have to be borrowed from somewhere but how does that fit into the aforementioned self sufficiency model? I suppose buying players we can't afford might help us 'win' an FA Cup. That approach seemed to work for the previous football club that played at Fratton Park prior to 2012... :)

Where do transfer fees come from in every other premier league club?

All the more reason not to let an abysmal manager Chuck away 20M on a donkey.

Liverpool+Unveil+New+Signing+Virgil+van+Dijk+LKA2t1uz_8ul.jpg

I think it highlights that we are the only club that has to sell players to buy. Let alone when we receive world record fees and vast sums of that is left over

I agree if it is true but the Echo reported we were in for 3 or 4 players which is more likely than a random post on the internet.

But of course it maybe true and it would be all down to the owner who I must admit seems to have little interest in the team's performance which is not good for us fans.

The PL is not for fans but for players agents managers executives and owners to make a fast buck pretty poor really

The same dilly dallying every summer. I might be a stuck record, but the message is right every time.

The only difference this year is people are singing my tune.

Yes, I think more people should listen to you , pal

Spent £220m buying 80% of SFC - £50m = £170m now to recoup.

If we stay in the Prem' trying to survive on a shoe string, the winnings will likely mean that the £170m will recouped in around 4-5 years.

Good business, if we can stay up.

Crap for us fans. But he is a businessman so why should he give flying **** about us.

i don't understand why the f*ck you would buy a football club if that is the case.

a million better ways to make profit.

Why do they do it then? For example the City Group...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group

2EF84B9300000578-0-image-a-1_1449076914704.jpg

city-football-groups-fully-or-partially-owned-clubs.png

How many players do many city loan Melbourne city for development that benefits the Man City first team?

That is a state funded thing. Our chap failed the fit and proper person test the first time and could not afford to buy us

Sort your head out ffs

I never liked him as a Man U player--good but horrible--and I was disappointed in him with us, his best days were truly over. When he became a manager, I always laughed when he got the sack, never thought he would come to us. The weird thing is, I now like him and hope he gets the job. The way he changed things round, picked a settled side and got the wasters under control speaks well for ther future, I hope.

Summarises my feeling to him to be honest. Good player yes, but never going to endear himself to me at Man Utd, and couldn't warm to him when he 'played' for us. We'd had a number of players coming towards the end of their career at The Dell, Alan Ball and Jimmy Case in particular, who had never been favourites of mine elsewhere but on joining the club they gave their everything and more. Hughes on the other hand always had the face of a slapped arse and looked if he resented being here at lowly Saints (and we were at the time).

His managerial career hasn't done a lot to win me over, still looks a miserable sod, and *****ly, falling out with players, refs etc.In fairness though his management record isn't that bad with Blackburn, City (sacked because he wasn't fashionable enough perhaps, or Stoke finishing top 10 for three seasons).

That said, simply can't fault him for his time with us, and might well exceed my initial expectation.

Is it time to start speculating that Hughes has delayed signing to screw a better transfer budget? Hmmm....

I heard it was agreed but he’s since been told no funds for transfers except what he generates through sales. VVD money not available - Hughes has asked for £50M for transfers but been told no. He’s said he’s off on family holiday from this weekend and if not sorted by then he’s walking away.

Happy days!

....and there we are.

Currently there is one out on loan there. Plus revenues from the smaller clubs can be used to the benefit of the main club.

Who is out there?

How many Man City players have been farmed out to there global clubs then?

Can’t wait till we win the Chinese super league ffs

Happy days!

Hopefully that is bullish!te. If it is not we’re nailed on for relegation next season.

According to a supposed ITK somewhere on here, the assistants are signed up, only Hughes remains outstanding, 'with the lawyers'.

Hope Les hasn't 'out-Lesed' himself by having them sign contracts only for Hughes to walk away. That would be a clusterf^ck on a new dimension. Surely that is beyond even Les Reed?

'With the lawyers' - wasn't this the smokescreen used whilst trailing behind to try and secure Alderweirald's permanent signing ? We know how well that ended.

Does it really matter? If you want examples of joint ownership look at Watford or the Red bull franchises.

Edited by Nolan
[QUOTE=Batman;2632983]Serious question, does the multi billionaire abramovic own them too?[/QUOTE]

How many players do many city loan Melbourne city for development that benefits the Man City first team?

That is a state funded thing. Our chap failed the fit and proper person test the first time and could not afford to buy us

Sort your head out ffs

I would say Melbourne is probably more helpful for commercial things like increasing Man City's support in Australia, selling shirts, that sort of thing. Australia not really known for being a hotbed of footballing talent.

Same with New York City, but there are more footballing links there, and the MLS is of a higher quality. Man City bought Jack Harrison from NYCFC recently, he had been doing very well in the MLS.

Does it really matter? If you want examples of joint ownership look at Watford or the Red bull franchises.

Well, it does matter as it signals a stance from the owner when Ralph said that their focus was fully returning home as it was wrongly elsewhere in the recent past

That one seems to work well, but then they've got a bloke called Ralph Rangnick at the helm who recruits the like of Paul Mitchell. Much depends on the calibre of person put in to run the show. (not Bunsen)

Spent £220m buying 80% of SFC - £50m = £170m now to recoup.

If we stay in the Prem' trying to survive on a shoe string, the winnings will likely mean that the £170m will recouped in around 4-5 years.

Good business, if we can stay up.

Crap for us fans. But he is a businessman so why should he give flying **** about us.

Weren’t we only prepared to sell to a businessman who could take us to the next level though (or something)? Ergo he would have to give a flying **** about doing well and consequently a flying **** about us fans. Surely we haven’t been lied to have we?

I'm not remotely worried by the time it's taking. These things often take a little time to work out. For comparison of previous managers we've hired in the summer, Koeman was announced in mid-June and Puel/Pellegrino both towards the end of June.

I'm not remotely worried by the time it's taking. These things often take a little time to work out. For comparison of previous managers we've hired in the summer, Koeman was announced in mid-June and Puel/Pellegrino both towards the end of June.

West Ham & Stoke have managed to sack their managers and appoint new ones in the time it's taken us to do nothing, so far......it only really needs to take as long as you allow it to take...