Mark Hughes

arfurdent

Surprised Poch signed on again. Does this mean Levy will now put the money down to fund a real push for Top 4, even winning it?

Based on Spurs unwillingness to break their pay structure, so not attracting and retaining players deemed to be the best around.

I'm assuming big transfer extensions will be imminent with key players.

Message I've had is that nothing has changed insomuch as that the deal was agreed and Hughes flew off on his jollies whilst the lawyers did their thing and the deal gets signed on his return.

I've no reason to doubt this.

Truth be told though, he still wouldn't be my 1st choice as having met him a few times I think he's a c**k and the fact that managers who help a club survive rarely go on to be a success at that club.

If things don't change then it will be another season preparing for 17th.

In business terms the ideal scenario. Mimimum outlay, maximum return and feed the fans a load of BS.

Trouble is, the Dalek sees it every year.

Trouble is you spout the same drivel year on year , ever tried a new direction !

Message I've had is that nothing has changed insomuch as that the deal was agreed and Hughes flew off on his jollies whilst the lawyers did their thing and the deal gets signed on his return.

Truth be told though, he still wouldn't be my 1st choice as having met him a few times I think he's a c**k and the fact that managers who help a club survive rarely go on to be a success at that club.

thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. Paul Clement at Swansea springs to mind re your last point.

Your message is not calamitous enough to fit the present tone of this thread.

In business terms the ideal scenario. Mimimum outlay, maximum return and feed the fans a load of BS.

Are you related to Trump? Maybe a son even less loved than Eric?

I'm assuming big transfer extensions will be imminent with key players.

I'm assuming they'll get more compensation when he goes to Real Madrid. It's the 'everybody happy' approach to modern footie

I wonder if this is to do with the consultation the government have announced on IR35 legislation in the private sector. I'd imagine this could have an impact if a manager (on a fixed contract) isn't on on PAYE and operates out of their own limited company for tax reasons. As its likely to come in during the April 2019/2020 tax year they could be structuring a deal that ensures Hughes gets the same take home he would of outside of IR35

I wonder if this is to do with the consultation the government have announced on IR35 legislation in the private sector. I'd imagine this could have an impact if a manager (on a fixed contract) isn't on on PAYE and operates out of their own limited company for tax reasons. As its likely to come in during the April 2019/2020 tax year they could be structuring a deal that ensures Hughes gets the same take home he would of outside of IR35
Of course, why didn't I think of that.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I can’t help but think the Boardroom are about to continue the standard summer mistakes.

No confirmation of Hughes or not, player uncertainty, best players shortly applying to go, no investment, Boardroom discussion about how we can survive another year no problem without significant investment....

Regardless whether it’s not true one thing is undeniable. Week 2 of the end of the season mirrors the last 4 years of summer disasters....

Prove me wrong please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t help but think the Boardroom are about to continue the standard summer mistakes.

No confirmation of Hughes or not, player uncertainty, best players shortly applying to go, no investment, Boardroom discussion about how we can survive another year no problem without significant investment....

Regardless whether it’s not true one thing is undeniable. Week 2 of the end of the season mirrors the last 4 years of summer disasters....

Prove me wrong please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it happens on a regular basis.

I was hoping our near relegation would shake the Board from its complacency and arrogance. Maybe not. Relegation might have to happen for a change in attitude.

Fair enough. Cheers VFTT.

You might need to see a Dr or an optician then. You've managed 1 correct prediction in 15 years. Your win % is less than MoPe.

Then who does?

And are you saying he didn't sign a new contract last summer under a new title?

He's not the grand master some are perciving him to be. although he has a large impact on football matters, his role is overseen by Ralph/KL etc. They are the people who would have offered him any new contract.

You might need to see a Dr or an optician then. You've managed 1 correct prediction in 15 years. Your win % is less than MoPe.

You're not comparing the same thing though are you? ;)

Technically MoPe should achieve a 33% win percentage to hit bang average (i.e. law of averages would be a win, draw and a lost out of 3 games.)

Darlek is predicting league finish, so has a 5% chance of a correct prediction. By predicting it right once in 15 years he has outclassed average expectations and by default achieved a higher success rate than MoPe.

:lol:

Technically MoPe should achieve a 33% win percentage to hit bang average (i.e. law of averages would be a win, draw and a lost out of 3 games.)

Darlek is predicting league finish, so has a 5% chance of a correct prediction. By predicting it right once in 15 years he has outclassed average expectations and by default achieved a higher success rate than MoPe.

Ahh but you have to enter in a division factor that Dalek is a massive annoyingly repetitive bellend with a Hoddle fixation. That puts MoPe ahead by a whisker.

On the other hand people I know who know MH tell me his coaching team, MB and EN, are well regarded.

why is everyone so crazy over jokanovic? is his record much better then eddie howe or adkins ?

It’s because he has a fancy name. Same love in for Marco Silva.

Sure he might be good but still a huge risk just like Puel and MoPe were.

Remember a couple of years ago when several top class managers were suggested like Tuchel and Pellegrini?

Does this mean that Les is delaying a Hughes signing as he is waiting to pounce if Maurizio Sarri doesn't end up at Chelsea. :lol:

I know, I know :mcinnes::mcinnes: but I am just trying to lighten the mood on here somewhat. :D

Jokanovic would be exactly the same as Puel and Pellegrino. Continental knob jockey fixated on possession and the press. Same as Emery. Sick of it. Might have mentioned it before. I am hoping when Hughes gets back from leave its virtual pistols at dawn between him and Les and its Les they carry out feet first.

Jokanovic would be exactly the same as Puel and Pellegrino. Continental knob jockey fixated on possession and the press. Same as Emery. Sick of it. Might have mentioned it before. I am hoping when Hughes gets back from leave its virtual pistols at dawn between him and Les and its Les they carry out feet first.

What like Pep and Poch? lets hope Hughes is up for some good old fashioned 4-4-2 with a big man little man combo up top.

Actually, assuming we have an equal chance of finishing in each position and 20 teams in the league, he has only a 46% chance of being wrong every year for 15 years. So, it is just more likely than not to be right at least once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure his nationality is particularly relevant to anything other than your own prejudices.

For what it's worth we played a relatively high press under Adkins - that Northerner!

We played arguably our best football in the last decade under Poch who was very much focused on possession and pressing. What's more some of the best footballing sides around currently, Liverpool and City, play this way!

Jokanovic has had relative success already in England and elsewhere.

Jokanovic has had relative success already in England and elsewhere.

Agreed, but would you seriously be happy with a guy who's best performance in England is taking a team to 3rd in the 2nd division?

It doesn’t amaze me that Hughes has not been announced yet, but what does is that the club expects ST sales while no manager is in place and the squad is not confirmed. Can you imagine going to West Quay and at the doors there are guys ready to take £700 from you - “you can come in and look around, although ultimately we can’t guarantee we’ve got anything that you want...but have fun!”.

It doesn’t amaze me that Hughes has not been announced yet, but what does is that the club expects ST sales while no manager is in place and the squad is not confirmed. Can you imagine going to West Quay and at the doors there are guys ready to take £700 from you - “you can come in and look around, although ultimately we can’t guarantee we’ve got anything that you want...but have fun!”.

The same thing crossed my mind a couple of days ago. I think it shows the degree to which the people that run the club arent in touch with the fan base or real world come to think of it.

Well put. I for one wont be spending another penny at that club until Gao shows some sort of commitment to investing in players, the very minimum we need to do is invest all of the VVD money.