Mark Hughes

arfurdent

If Hughes doesn't sign up I'll take that as a huge warning sign about the plans for the club. I imagine he'll be wanting less influence from Les, more control himself and investment in the squad to ensure we aren't faced with a relegation battle each year. Using Ralph's description, there are other 'small' clubs who seem to be able to operate within the FFP rules, invest adequately in their playing staff and remain a going concern. You don't get into football to make a profit, our business model might have worked 5 years ago but the rules have changed and everyone else prioritises their income on the squad. If we insist on turning a profit and not stretching ourselves then there's only one outcome.

As we have two seasons of neglect to catch up on, we probably need two or three quality players (20-30m types) plus a similar number of squad players so we can make a step change back to being a Top 12 club. So something in the order of £100m.

I'm glad I have until 22nd June to reclaim my ST seats and it'll be interesting to see how things turn out between now and then.

The same thing crossed my mind a couple of days ago. I think it shows the degree to which the people that run the club arent in touch with the fan base or real world come to think of it.

I think it shows the degree to which the the fan base are not in touch with real world

Message I've had is that nothing has changed insomuch as that the deal was agreed and Hughes flew off on his jollies whilst the lawyers did their thing and the deal gets signed on his return.

I've no reason to doubt this.

Truth be told though, he still wouldn't be my 1st choice as having met him a few times I think he's a c**k and the fact that managers who help a club survive rarely go on to be a success at that club.

Didn't Hughes have a long enough holiday when he left Stoke !!

Jokanovic would be exactly the same as Puel and Pellegrino. Continental knob jockey fixated on possession and the press. Same as Emery. Sick of it. Might have mentioned it before. I am hoping when Hughes gets back from leave its virtual pistols at dawn between him and Les and its Les they carry out feet first.

What does this even mean? I can’t every remember Puel or Pellegrino being fixated with the press. Quite the opposite. Or are all Johnny Foreigners now the same pal. Indeed doesn’t the press mesh perfectly with the high intensity traditions of the English game?

#mess

Truth be told though, he still wouldn't be my 1st choice as having met him a few times I think he's a c**k and the fact that managers who help a club survive rarely go on to be a success at that club.

I think we need someone who is a bit of a tosser to be honest. Especially someone who is strong when facing off with the board.

Agreed, but would you seriously be happy with a guy who's best performance in England is taking a team to 3rd in the 2nd division?
He did also get Watford promoted to PL to be fair, finishing 2nd I think.

But I agree that he would be a gamble not having had experience at PL level. Personally would be happier to go with Hughes in our current situation.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jokanovic would be exactly the same as Puel and Pellegrino. Continental knob jockey fixated on possession and the press. Same as Emery. Sick of it. Might have mentioned it before. I am hoping when Hughes gets back from leave its virtual pistols at dawn between him and Les and its Les they carry out feet first.

Would you prefer Saints not to have the ball and not to try hard to win it back? ;)

What was wrong with pressing and possession when Pochettino was the manager?

If Hughes doesn't sign up I'll take that as a huge warning sign about the plans for the club. I imagine he'll be wanting less influence from Les, more control himself and investment in the squad to ensure we aren't faced with a relegation battle each year. Using Ralph's description, there are other 'small' clubs who seem to be able to operate within the FFP rules, invest adequately in their playing staff and remain a going concern. You don't get into football to make a profit, our business model might have worked 5 years ago but the rules have changed and everyone else prioritises their income on the squad. If we insist on turning a profit and not stretching ourselves then there's only one outcome.

As we have two seasons of neglect to catch up on, we probably need two or three quality players (20-30m types) plus a similar number of squad players so we can make a step change back to being a Top 12 club. So something in the order of £100m.

I'm glad I have until 22nd June to reclaim my ST seats and it'll be interesting to see how things turn out between now and then.

Though this season bottom four clubs where all considered established PL sides Stoke, West Brom and saints where all considered mid table certainties to boot. I'm sure its no coincidence that all four clubs have some of the biggest wage bills outside the top six (and Everton). It seems to me that for longer serving PL clubs wages become an issue where it seems the longer you are in the PL the more bloated your squad becomes with average players on big wages. You can afford that if have a sugar daddy, massive sponsorship deals or constantly finish top 4-6. for the "mid table" sides its a problem. Bournemouth for example have a wage bill one third of saints yet actually earned more TV money than us which weirdly probably gives them more money to spend on new players than us.

Money from player sales should certainly be going back into the squad especially the VVD cash (where's that gone?) but really a 100 million on new players this summer where do you think that is coming from?

Personally I think we need to trim the squad and wage bill far to much dross in the squad at the moment I'd rather we went for a policy of quality over quantity and use the academy a bit more to cover injuries and suspensions (mostly because I quite like seeing an academy lad get a run out every so often).

I was talking today to an old friend that works for Saints. I told him some of the rumours that abound on here and his comment was "bull**** it's a done deal, everything is agreed just awaiting signature." He is pretty reliable so I'm trusting the information is correct.

I was talking today to an old friend that works for Saints. I told him some of the rumours that abound on here and his comment was "bull**** it's a done deal, everything is agreed just awaiting signature." He is pretty reliable so I'm trusting the information is correct.
Good to know. If true though it's a bit of a pr misstep (again) to not get it sorted quickly.

English is my first language. :mcinnes:

Helluva alot more colloquial than the Kenyan students I've taught -and these were working professionals with a strong, if rigid grasp of English.

But hey you've got a Nigerian name, people on here appear to already know you, you identify yourself as British/Kenyan, you can't decide which ground your team plays at. A proper mongboard riddle aren't you pal.

Helluva alot more colloquial than the Kenyan students I've taught -and these were working professionals with a strong, if rigid grasp of English.

But hey you've got a Nigerian name, people on here appear to already know you, you identify yourself as British/Kenyan, you can't decide which ground your team plays at. A proper mongboard riddle aren't you pal.

Only a "mongboard" riddle for a ****house detective like yourself.

Love and Light.

Now back on topic and not about me. Odd.

Strange that you answered only to the people who critized or insulted you.

Should I do the same to get an answer? :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry I missed your comment among the blatant bullying. Oh well im sure i'll get punished. Anyway, as said previously in this thread, Transfer Budget is the sticking point.

Sorry I missed your comment among the blatant bullying. Oh well im sure i'll get punished. Anyway, as said previously in this thread, Transfer Budget is the sticking point.

So how has Les "pulled a blinder" if there is still a sticking point? The other ITKs seem to be saying it is a done deal and not to worry. Help me out here please Ekon as I am not sure which ITKer to believe. We have also been told that Hughes is either a) already on holiday or b) going on holiday today. Assuming that he is not leaving one holiday to go on another, which is it?

Such quandaries.

Well old bean. I have be informed that Hughes will sign once budgets are sorted, and i hope that is with due haste and diligence. Les has "pulled a blinder" because he won't give Mark Leslie Hughes the WONGA he deserves by keeping this mighty club in the best league in the world.

I do hope that clears up all miss-information and we can move on and discuss me some more.

So how has Les "pulled a blinder" if there is still a sticking point? The other ITKs seem to be saying it is a done deal and not to worry. Help me out here please Ekon as I am not sure which ITKer to believe. We have also been told that Hughes is either a) already on holiday or b) going on holiday today. Assuming that he is not leaving one holiday to go on another, which is it?

Such quandaries.

An all-expenses paid trip to Kiev to see his beloved Liverpool play? I wouldn't be surprised if he then pops up at the world cup finals, all on business expenses of course. Hopefully, he'll manage to fit in a proper holiday in between.

Thank you for saving me from having to find the contradiction.

Must be difficult remembering who you are when you could be so many people. [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Make absolutely no mistake, he wanted someone to dig that out. All part of the fun.

Please stop saying 'K**b J**ockey'. Thanks

Mtu huyu wa ajabu itakuwa marufuku, kuepukika.

Yesu akalia.

Did Jesus really weep thou? Were you there? I won't be banned I hope, i'm just passing on info.

Anyway, what would it matter if i was. According to some horrid people on here I would just re sign up as Ayr or some other scottish place.

#uttermess

Did Jesus really weep thou? Were you there? I won't be banned I hope, i'm just passing on info.

Anyway, what would it matter if i was. According to some horrid people on here I would just re sign up as Ayr or some other scottish place.

#uttermess

Man, this is a worse attempt than when I pretended to be Sarb from Hounslow.

Dunno, why do you assume everyone lives in a capital city.

It is a very British word, it just strikes me as an odd word to be in common usage in Kenya.

I didn't say you did live in Nairobi, I just asked if it was a commonly used word in Nairobi.

Big fan of Frankie Howard or Victorian gentleman are you? ;)