At Home with the Secret Footballer

Batman

Not directly saints related but heard a long interview with the secret footballer today (by Colin Murray) and it was a very fascinating listen. It is titled as per the thread title

Would certainly recommend it to any football fan

I'll look out for it. Used to read the original column in the paper, and I read one of the books.

Is it still Dave Kitson, or have they regenerated a new one?

It’s the same guy. The interview has his voice ‘masked’ he talks about trying to commit suicide and how writing saved him. I think he said he has released books under a pseudonym.

Slated certain clubs and professionals, talks about how he has been offered a ton of cash to officially reveal his identity but can’t (and won’t) as it will probably bankrupt him.

I was under the impression this was Dave Kitson.

Sent from my Infinix using Tapatalk.

Wow! Really? I had never heard this.

Thanks for the information.

By the way, are you back 'home' now or still visiting the UK?

Was a really interesting listen. Especially the part about the lengths he has to take to hide his identity even when doing simple tasks such as the washing up and emptying the dishwasher. Really unexpected and makes you wonder about whether or not using dishwasher tabs really are the most affective way of getting the job done, and more so now hearing what Kitson has to go through just to get clean plates and bowls.

Cracking series, definitely worth going past the funny voice effects yesterday to listen to the content. I caught the one with Nigel Owens (gay rugby ref) last week, brilliant stuff. Also the one with Bobby George was good too. All available to download.

I seem to recall Kitson once kicking-off at Reading fans for organising & celebrating "Dave Kitson appreciation day" by wearing ginger wigs.

I use to get my barnet fair cut in the same place as Dave Kitson in Reading. Remember him sat next to me one day getting a trim, I had very dark hair at the time, and when I got up from the chair his and my trimmings had been swept together, his hair was strikingly luminous by comparison.............. That’s it sorry no dirt, he didn’t say much, even though the bloke cutting his hair was a Reading fan there was only about a minutes footie chat.

It’s the same guy. The interview has his voice ‘masked’ he talks about trying to commit suicide and how writing saved him. I think he said he has released books under a pseudonym.

Slated certain clubs and professionals, talks about how he has been offered a ton of cash to officially reveal his identity but can’t (and won’t) as it will probably bankrupt him.

Have you ever tried? You never know, you might be good at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk