Safe Standing

EkonOkereke

Depends what Stadium. My team the Sofapaka F.C. play at Narok Stadium, mostly standing but with seats. Small grounds here, pal.

Where do Sofapaka F.C. play again? Are you sure its the Narok stadium? You might want to check your facts, little fella :lol:

Depends what Stadium. My team the Sofapaka F.C. play at Narok Stadium, mostly standing but with seats. Small grounds here, pal.

So which stadium do they play at Ekon, the Kenyatta Stadium as per your original post prior to your edit, or the Narok Stadium which is about 4 hours away? Easy mistake to make, I know, I often get SMS and Wembley mixed up, do it all the time...!

So which stadium do they play at Ekon, the Kenyatta Stadium as per your original post prior to your edit, or the Narok Stadium which is about 4 hours away? Easy mistake to make, I know, I often get SMS and Wembley mixed up, do it all the time...!

Interesting story behind that, but can't be arsed to explain it on a Southampton forum. Wikipedia somehow shows our old ground, which is currently being revamped as it was classed as "****ty" in a recent "African Champions league" game. I'd stay off google and listen to a local like me.

What are you talking about? You've been registered on here from March 2018, I haven't had anything in my profile about any video games for a long time.

tenor.gif?itemid=9198893

I looked on the video game section and saw you posting about Football Manager, then saw you are a researcher. It's not hard to find out information in the public domain.

Love and light.

Interesting story behind that, but can't be arsed to explain it on a Southampton forum. Wikipedia somehow shows our old ground, which is currently being revamped as it was classed as "****ty" in a recent "African Champions league" game. I'd stay off google and listen to a local like me.

No, your original post said that 'your team' played at the Kenyatta Stadium.

You edited the post to say that 'your team' played at the Narok Stadium.

Where do they play?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Kenyatta+Stadium,+Machakos,+Kenya/Narok+Stadium,+Narok,+Kenya/@-1.2590154,36.0015165,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x182f872d4d8c23a9:0xcd532380d2bc327b!2m2!1d37.2645598!2d-1.5201399!1m5!1m1!1s0x182c033d3d74a007:0xa3c3fc5bb04996b5!2m2!1d35.859519!2d-1.0930354!3e0

Technically both. If you want to be pedantic. Stay off google, listen to the local.

Settle this once and for all then... write "Matthew Le God is a pedantic bellend" on a piece of paper and take a photo of it somewhere that is clearly Kenyan. Then post it on here.

It will be a glasgow background, with a kenyan hotel web site picture photo shopped ...

Can we get back on topic, and not about me once more?

Agreed, this thread has turned into a complete joke! It's a shame as the subject of safe standing is a very interesting one that needs debating.

I looked on the video game section and saw you posting about Football Manager, then saw you are a researcher. It's not hard to find out information in the public domain.

Obviously not as hard as finding out if there was a previous thread on Safe Standing rather than starting a new one it would seem...

TcILgrC1AdeKYdSItXRGg_qpLqQXeUjn9IrngR3OUvkhS23SYe1zkEhzMOtFDzFOd7hZX2trwAbw36OFQKY4MD3GD-Th6y_ZYFBGHt4OC01ZmgLMlRDnmS09w3M_TM_2Xqfww8nricH-C9rQdu0Cf4gIh3qGDMvSRDslZGsyw5_l2nvWDuAVJEmyRwfCaQJVMOf7Law6M8ADKcWBtAc9rIQow2XRkt55mZ3Y7ocIz_u3fe860OCXDbaffLq-6H_nH7CC1JL00QIYM0z8BUo1Se7vGXaIkuRs4EnfsskeN7CHAE0XAvn2TmpkNmznQx5i4wL9dRuQairdKypJP7CK8HWrpHKvkjhFpPN1WOH-0PNkuAY4MCqSt7zlRji4y-0VA0V4ieN00zOQw3t1BIxOe5CiQxU7CDzPlAxi0OzeDqKST_DAJap4K5Yellj1930_rKouH1a4O2J0TELe9Z16T_uka4-FxA3n6D3LNkX8lZq015XbDY9iiE2aGVkIkrN_CJ9B7G_aeo9JWpY0gytH2fvUPfKuK5eJ6192AaS4ZXk93Dq9DnavCxtl0oSkzDiJjTk3Y3GZ2WIwgEuv2FqNuNxuff54_ZDQPGkbVVOz=w1205-h890-no

bite_count = bite_count + 1

Agreed, this thread has turned into a complete joke! It's a shame as the subject of safe standing is a very interesting one that needs debating.

This. No wonder the post count on here and overall quality of debate has crashed recently. Decent OP too.

Safe standing is never going to happen the government are not interested in the debate and the clubs won't push it was it won't increase capacity so revenue won't go up. There is this weird idea that Hillsborough was caused by the fact fans standing and not by the 12ft high fences between the fans and the pitch, modern safe standing bares no resemblance to the old terraces every fan would still have a ticket spot so over crowding couldn't happen and no ground in the country has had fences in 20 years.

Safe standing is never going to happen the government are not interested in the debate and the clubs won't push it was it won't increase capacity so revenue won't go up. There is this weird idea that Hillsborough was caused by the fact fans standing and not by the 12ft high fences between the fans and the pitch, modern safe standing bares no resemblance to the old terraces every fan would still have a ticket spot so over crowding couldn't happen and no ground in the country has had fences in 20 years.
Exactly, major contributory factors that were in play on that fateful day have now been eliminated from modern stadia. It's time to at least conduct some serious trials with regard to safe standing.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

What makes the current law really daft is it only applies to clubs in the top two leagues.

Exeter City for example are allowed to legally have this...

4978091506_faa82d0836_b.jpg

What would happen “if” they got to Championship? Would have to put seating in?

Sent from my Infinix using Tapatalk

What would happen “if” they got to Championship? Would have to put seating in?

Yes, they would be given two years.

But another hole in the law is Brentford have been excused putting seats in the two year timeframe as they are moving to a new stadium. It is a very inconsistent law.

What makes the current law really daft is it only applies to clubs in the top two leagues.

Exeter City for example are allowed to legally have this...

4978091506_faa82d0836_b.jpg

It's a well known fact that if that terrace was full in the Championship it would be a death trap, but if it was full in League One then it's safe as houses. Same with Brentford, once you announce you're moving to a new stadium in a few years time, your terracing instantly becomes safer. Well known factamondo.

I quite like the comments on that report http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/16238600.Campaign_to_introduce_safe_standing_at_St_Mary__39_s_takes_step_forward/

I have an issue with safe standing. And its related to widespread increases in football hooliganism. I fear safe standing will just further fuel this atmosphere inside grounds and take the game back decades.

I have an issue with safe standing. And its related to widespread increases in football hooliganism. I fear safe standing will just further fuel this atmosphere inside grounds and take the game back decades.

Yeh because standing up makes people turn into thugs :lol:

The thing is that those in authority simply will not acknowledge the absurdity of their legislation. When Fulham came up in 2001/2 was I think the last season I stood on a terrace in the Premier League. Later that season Rupert invited someone from the FA to one of his forums to talk about safety issues. So I put the question - was I in danger when I stood at Craven Cottage? "No" came the reply. So I said "are you admitting that standing can be safe?". "No" came the reply - seating is safe, standing is not. They just refused to accept the contradiction they have created.