Tidbits from Hoedt

davayy

Just saw this on the Saints subreddit (

) thought i'd share here as well. No idea of validity but see no reason why he would make this up, and from his posting history is at least Dutch:

Hey lads, I'm a dutchman who is related to Wesley Hoedt, and I got to talk to him yesterday while he's still in the country, here's some notes I took:

99% sure he's staying, wants to atleast finish his contract

Prefers life in England over Italy

Happy with Hughes (probably staying)

Club wants to get rid of strikers (2 likely)

Club looking for new scoring players

Player got send home because of being 1 minute late to team breakfast when Hughes took over

Not sure about defenders joining, didn't know what defenders where leaving yet

Said mope wasn't very disciplined with players which made some players get lazy(he didn't mind players showing up to 30 mins late)

Players walked out on mope during

training multiple times which led to the sacking, the board wouldn't listen to the players until much later

Would've probably stayed at lazio if he knew he would be in a relegation battle

Would've gotten a 40% salary cut if saints got relegated, would probably still stay if relegated because of his contract

Salary gave him the biggest push to move from serie A to premier league

I think those were the most interesting things I noticed, maybe there's some useful info here.

Make of this what you will, I think for me the key parts are the 40% salary cut, the lack of discipline from MoPe (not surprising) & lack of foresight from the board in understanding the situation with MoPe & the players.

Interesting stuff, would appear that while the players supposedly liked MP, they didn't actually respect him at all. Rocking up half an hour later for training is talking the **** - glad to see that's been stamped out now. Good to see that there are penalties in contracts for relegation as well, we came close. Interesting that he seems to know future plans for attacking players, but not defenders..!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff, would appear that while the players supposedly liked MP, they didn't actually respect him at all. Rocking up half an hour later for training is talking the **** - glad to see that's been stamped out now. Good to see that there are penalties in contracts for relegation as well, we came close. Interesting that he seems to know future plans for attacking players, but not defenders..!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Turkeys don’t make a habit of advocating Christmas Micky! Although I’m sure he’d recognise the blend of defenders isn’t right especially at CB. Good to hear we will be active in the forward department, especially some pace if possible.

Sounds like MH has reintroduced some of the discipline from RK, Poch and Nigel’s time - good. Recall stories about Mane getting dropped for similar lapses in timekeeping. He might not have liked Koeman but he still performed for him.

Relegation wage drops also slightly reassuring. Less reassuring is the communication aspect with players, let alone the fans. Explains how MP held on so long, clearly a disaster to us and the players but able to present a corporate face to a bunch of nodding dogs in the boardroom until the Newcastle debacle and MP’s admission he’d lost the dressing room which finally brought a decision several months overdue.

It is still a leap to take it as true. It isn't difficult to make up something plausible, internet football forums are full of plausible bull**** rumours.
I can't imagine anyone would be so lame as to make out they were from a different country just to spread rumours on a football forum.

Less reassuring is the communication aspect with players, let alone the fans. Explains how MP held on so long, clearly a disaster to us and the players but able to present a corporate face to a bunch of nodding dogs in the boardroom until the Newcastle debacle and MP’s admission he’d lost the dressing room which finally brought a decision several months overdue.

Les and co were aware of what was going on, they just didn't want to give into the players again like they did with Puel because the fear is this sets up a culture where the players can pick and choose when to play for the manager. They were hoping the players would get their act together and get a run of results that would make us safe. When this didn't happen they had to act.

Your sarcasm is lost on me. Reed did exactly that when he sold Fonte and VVD.

Hoedt. Bednarek. May not be anywhere near as good, but they're physical replacements. 2 strikers going will be replaced by 2 strikers. They be better, they may be worse. Even if worse, they are actual replacements.

Hoedt. Bednarek. May not be anywhere near as good, but they're physical replacements. 2 strikers going will be replaced by 2 strikers. They be better, they may be worse. Even if worse, they are actual replacements.

Aha. Its numbers that count. Nothing else.

So lets only buy one to replace Austin and Gabbi then, since we got Carillo in January :facepalm:

If we take our recent history as an indicator, we will probably sell Austin and say that "we already have his replacement" in Carrillo.

Edit Just seen alpine's post, and we're making the same point/joke. Should I be worried?!

I don’t want to sound all pessimistic, but I have my doubts with what Hoedt has supposedly said. If the players would have walked out of training multiple times, I am sure some reliable ITKs on here would have posted something. This isn’t a boardroom meeting where only a select few people are. This is a training session with 20+ football players involved, plus all the staff at Staplewood that were there at the time. Someone certainly would have talked.

I do believe that the players we’re glad MoPe left as they didn’t seem to know what he wanted them to do on the pitch, and they were all over the place.

Simon peach reckons there is a very good chance Carrillo will be staying

Would be very surprised if the club were happy to write off £15m+ in just six months (which is probably the minimum we'd lose trying to shift him on now), regardless of whether it's the best thing for the squad.

I notice he refers to 'Mope'. Is that how's he referred to anywhere other than this board? Does it mean Wesley reads this board and referred to him that way? I don't really doubt the quoted info, I'm curious as to how Mope means anything to or Dutch friends.

I notice he refers to 'Mope'. Is that how's he referred to anywhere other than this board? Does it mean Wesley reads this board and referred to him that way? I don't really doubt the quoted info, I'm curious as to how Mope means anything to or Dutch friends.

assume that is paraphrasing by the source. Do people IRL even use 'mope'? thought it was like text speak, not actually used IRL. (like IRL, lol)

assume that is paraphrasing by the source. Do people IRL even use 'mope'? thought it was like text speak, not actually used IRL. (like IRL, lol)

I meant 'mope' specifically referring to Pellegrino, which has become an accepted nickname for him on this forum, so it seems to me. That makes me curious that the Dutch guy on reddit should use this term. Reading too much in no doubt.