Come on Real Madrid!!

Saint Billy

Funny that the same who slag off the management for putting mediocrity on the field get upset when star players reach for something Southampton will never give them.

Watching former players compete is the closest Southampton will get to Champions League football, and the club has entirely accepted this. Why begrudge the players who have seen the writing on the wall, or teams with the ambition to chase trophies? It's as small minded a mentality as the leadership.

Shouldn't you be on twitter slagging MLT off as that's what you and your fellow "reality star" fu_ckwit mate are usually doing with your sh_it podcast?

He tried to get Mané in trouble going down as if he had been elbowed to the face when Mané barely touched him and proceeded to put an elbow in Karius face. He could have easily released Salah's arm when he was rolling. There were plenty of other incidents. I get it you have to dislike liverpool and follow the herd but try being objective when you do it pal.

Go and watch the elbow to Karius and you will notice he gets pushed in to the keeper by VVD. I think Ramos makes a bit of a meal of it, but you could be arguing for a penalty in the first instance.

The Salah incident was a bit of rough and tumble and good defending by Ramos. The injury was never intentional.

Mane caught him but Ramos massively play acted.

then again I’m still too busy chuckling over all the grown men wailing and crying

No team mates consoling Karius at the end. Felt for the bloke - hard to recover from that but you’d have thought his someone might have put an arm round him. Just the RM players. Never walk alone eh

What a ****ing clown. Can you imagine Shanks or Bob Paisley being like this after a win, let alone a defeat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/oliver__bond/status/1000705656507322368

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liverpool fans like this sort of **** for some reason, along with the gurning on the sidelines. Fact is, they bought Salah who sets a goalscoring record yet they have less points than last season and finish 4th yet again, and lost a final...again.

Death threats to Karius and his family, called amazing etc

Liverpool

Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing

Just want he needs. Mind stories like these are borne from someone trawling social media and find some moron hey we have some click bait.

52f8a94a092b3f7965ef949b88ae31dc.jpg

Funny. Got the Skates all excited.

But .... sad state of affairs when foreign owners come in and are completely clueless about the English game. They might know about soccer but not the English game.

I think our owner doesn't have a clue about either. :?

i really wasn't sure who i wanted to win the game.....i hate them both. However my hatred for Liverpool shone through and it wasn't long before i was cheering FIRST SALAH going off and then the keeper being more generous than Santa Claus.

Full credit to Bale though......i said to my Liverpool supporting mate 2 hours before kick off "If Bale plays you will lose, he been on fire"....hey presto!

No team mates consoling Karius at the end. Felt for the bloke - hard to recover from that but you’d have thought his someone might have put an arm round him. Just the RM players. Never walk alone eh

That’s what happens when you’ve no class.

Which of his colleagues has never made a costly mistake?

But this is just a symptom of what's happening to the modern game. It's a team game, but for any number of "stars" of the game it's far more important to get headlines for themselves, boost their own egos and earning power.

For example, The Golden Boot used to be a peripheral award. Now some regard it as more important than team success.

And Ronaldo's sulking last night. He was actually angry because he didn't score, he didn't make the headlines. The fact that his team won was unimportant.

And players moving to "win trophies" never say they want to help a club win trophies. It's all about collecting medals for themselves. So we get the situation we had last night. Liverpool players had no sympathy for Karius as he'd stopped them individually winning medals.

Once upon a time, we had the great teams who played for each other and the club to see the club win trophies. Not any more. Move to where you'll get most money and you think there are like-minded players who'll help you win individual glory.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

But this is just a symptom of what's happening to the modern game. It's a team game, but for any number of "stars" of the game it's far more important to get headlines for themselves, boost their own egos and earning power.

For example, The Golden Boot used to be a peripheral award. Now some regard it as more important than team success.

And Ronaldo's sulking last night. He was actually angry because he didn't score, he didn't make the headlines. The fact that his team won was unimportant.

And players moving to "win trophies" never say they want to help a club win trophies. It's all about collecting medals for themselves. So we get the situation we had last night. Liverpool players had no sympathy for Karius as he'd stopped them individually winning medals.

Once upon a time, we had the great teams who played for each other and the club to see the club win trophies. Not any more. Move to where you'll get most money and you think there are like-minded players who'll help you win individual glory.

The whole game gave a fascinating insight into the modern game. Fantastic skills, and excitement but the culture of the game is being lost.

The commentary creaming themselves over VvD, yet never acknowledging his horrendous behaviour and unprofessionalism towards us.

Ronaldo hinting that he was leaving in an interview straight after the game was completely classless. He didn't like the fact Bale was going to get the headlines, so had to make it about him.

Finally all YNWA stuff shown as complete pony. Say what you like about Sir Alex, and he was a ruthless barsteward, but he'd have been over consoling that keeper as soon as it ended, as would have Gary Neville and others schooled under Fergie. The self pity and selfish behaviour of the Liverpool and staff towards that lad was shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Finally all YNWA stuff shown as complete pony. Say what you like about Sir Alex, and he was a ruthless barsteward, but he'd have been over consoling that keeper as soon as it ended, as would have Gary Neville and others schooled under Fergie. The self pity and selfish behaviour of the Liverpool and staff towards that lad was shocking.

You remind me of the humanity of Phil Neville at the recent women's international at St. Mary's when the Welsh forward went down with bad cramp just in front of him and he rushed on to the pitch to stretch her leg. The ref told him off (with a smile), but it was an entirely natural response and not done for the cameras.

The whole game gave a fascinating insight into the modern game. Fantastic skills, and excitement but the culture of the game is being lost.

The commentary creaming themselves over VvD, yet never acknowledging his horrendous behaviour and unprofessionalism towards us.

Ronaldo hinting that he was leaving in an interview straight after the game was completely classless. He didn't like the fact Bale was going to get the headlines, so had to make it about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, what made them great was their dignity in losing. They won together, but they also lost together. What Liverpool's players did last night, leaving him to be consoled by the victors, was disgraceful. It should have been them doing the consoling. Classless club, classless players, classless fans.

Agree with that, felt extremely sorry for Karius.

It’s a shame because I thought he had a pretty decent season since he replaced Mignolet.

The lack of compassion in that team is unbelievable but I am trying to remember if Forster got any when he made similar gaffs this season, cant remember.

If you watch the Salah / Ramos incident carefully, you can see that it's Salah who tries to lock arms first anyway.

Indeed, I just got into a "discussion" with a plastic scouser about this, totally in denial that Salah both caused it the arm locking AND kneed Ramos in the calf causing him to fall.

100% this. Teams win together and lose together. To not go and support the poor sod was appalling.

Shouldn't you be on twitter slagging MLT off as that's what you and your fellow "reality star" fu_ckwit mate are usually doing with your sh_it podcast?

What?

And as for those who say I don't get it.. trust me, I do... it's just that mocking players that left for losing a Champions League Final makes you look like a jilted lover who can't get over an ex. It's been years for some of them. Doesn't matter who went or how they went, it's over. Move on.

I read a long time ago that the terms of the transfer from Spurs to Madrid gave Spurs a right of first refusal if Madrid ever sold Bale.
I know an ex spurs youth player who still knows people at the club. The rumour there is that they are selling Ali, keeping kane and getting bale back. Interesting to see if that is true.

It would be a complete shift for Spurs if they sign Bale. It's well known that they don't pay the wages that Man U, Chelsea and City pay. Bale could command £250k+ a week. Can't see it.

At his wages, his options are those three clubs or PSG, basically. Or Barça if he runs his contract down but I can't see that.

Edited by benjii

Indeed, I just got into a "discussion" with a plastic scouser about this, totally in denial that Salah both caused it the arm locking AND kneed Ramos in the calf causing him to fall.

I dunno, it looked to me like Ramos did it deliberately, he’s vastly experienced and knew what he was doing. Whatever happened before is not really important, he could easily have let go of his arm as they both fell, instead he did the opposite.

Makes the way they lost even funnier.

What?

And as for those who say I don't get it.. trust me, I do... it's just that mocking players that left for losing a Champions League Final makes you look like a jilted lover who can't get over an ex. It's been years for some of them. Doesn't matter who went or how they went, it's over. Move on.

Exactly! Why some posters just can’t forget those players that leave and move on, I just don’t understand. The days of players being loyal to a club, have long passed.

Exactly! Why some posters just can’t forget those players that leave and move on, I just don’t understand. The days of players being loyal to a club, have long passed.

I’m sorry but if you can’t laugh at the misfortune of those who striked or acted like spoilt brats and engineered moves away from your club who can you laugh at. It’s no more irrational than laughing at Pompey’s failures just because they happen to be quite near us geographically.

But it's not about loyalty is it? It's about integrity and class. Everyone knows where Saints stand in the pecking order of clubs and accept that good players will move on to better and bigger things. However there's correct and respectable ways of doing that, not by having clandestine meetings for your next job, going on strike or sending your head 200 miles northwards.

I suspect if it was Clyne, Lambert and Chamberlain playing in Kiev instead of Lovren, Lallana and van Duck, most of us would have been backing Liverpool.

I've got no animosity towards Mane, Clyne etc.

It's just certain cockwombles whose misfortune is enjoyable.

And for those pious bores who think people should "get over it", you are completely missing the point and presumably labouring under some sort of ignorant notion that those of us who heartily enjoyed the failures of the cockwombles are harbouring an unhealthy, gnarled, malignant state of mind. No. It's a bit of fun. I enjoyed the match much more for having a level of investment in it that would have been absent if it was, say, Bayern v PSG.

So, quite simply, you don't get it and you're the weird ones.

I've got no animosity towards Mane, Clyne etc.

It's just certain cockwombles whose misfortune is enjoyable.

And for those pious bores who think people should "get over it", you are completely missing the point and presumably labouring under some sort of ignorant notion that those of us who heartily enjoyed the failures of the cockwombles are harbouring an unhealthy, gnarled, malignant state of mind. No. It's a bit of fun. I enjoyed the match much more for having a level of investment in it that would have been absent if it was, say, Bayern v PSG

agree with this. The ones to worry about are the Liverpool “fans” who told Karius via social media that they hope him and his children die ! Now that’s disturbed

[emoji115] that's not real, surely.

Edit: just googled it and amazingly it is true. More amazingly over 200,000 have now signed it..!

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-uefa-fifa-should-punish-sergio-ramos-for-intentionally-hurting-mohamed-salah

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Over 328k now.....

I find them a little strange, and it certainly plays into the "victim" cliché. And then on the other hand, to send death threats to their goalie and his family...classy!!

this whole episode shows there is absolutely zero going for Liverpool fans. Nothing special what so ever about them like vast sections of the media would have you believe.

through in their long history in being a massive part in English clubs being banned from Europe to the more recent love-in with Suarez after he was the biggest cheat, racist and physically abusing players we had over here, to this is pretty tragic.