Come on Real Madrid!!

Saint Billy

The thought of annoying scouse accents all over the media for the foreseeable future is enough to make me want Real to win.

It was bad enough tonight on 5Live with the evening sports programme full of previous match interviews with the loveable scallies and their phlegm filled squeaky noise.

I'll be supporting Madrid, don't get this 'you must support other English clubs' stuff people say, I don't like Liverpool, they are a scummy club.

Plus I can support a Saints youth product who we can actually be proud of. Bale seems to be back in form as well over the last few games, hope he runs rings Lovren and Van Dijk so they end up flat on their faces.

I have a real problem here!!!!!........I bloody hate Liverpool but i also nearly vomit at the thought of Real winning. Whoever wins.....I lose!!

Pah, you want to try the 2008 FA Cup Final for size. Two teams that shouldn't have been anywhere near an FA Cup Final, both my teams' hated rivals playing in the final of a tournament that I have reconned out of existence... I actually watched it too, won't be bothering on Saturday though (thanks, Common People).

Edited by The9

The Gao’s get £10m if Liverpool win and Les probably gets a big bonus.

Bale hatrick would be karma.

Apparently there are no CL winning clauses, so we can happily want them to get stuffed for all reasons and from all angles.

Seeing a saints academy player win it for a third consecutive year would be great.

Plus, fck liverpool.

I assume you don't mean Lallana, or Ings*, or Oxlade-Chamberlain**?

*reaching

**injured

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-supporters-union-spirit-shankly-12521110

“European cup finals are special, we remember them by name of the city they are in and the stand out things that happened. Istanbul and the comeback, Paris and Barneys chip, Rome and Bruce’s spaghetti legs, Brussels and the disgraceful behaviour of our fans which directly led to the death of innocent Italians”

Oh wait they didn’t mention the last one. It’s like it never happened. Even if it did it wasn’t their fault anyway, it was the police, the stadium, the authorities, the BNP!

How anyone can ever support that vile club and it’s vile fans in any game is beyond me.

I suppose Hillsborough was their fault too?

No, why's that???

i wasnt replying to you, i was replying to the guy who has a real issue with Liverpool fans, seems to imply that they are at the root of all evil, which in my experience is not what I have encountered.

Its a bit ironic when people want the 'English' team to win.

I did in the 70's and 80's but now, how are Liverpool or Utd or Chelsea (even us) English anymore, just because they play in the English league.

Lucky if more than three English players play in the final for them.

Seen plenty of articles such as this one suggesting it's a real nightmare for Liverpool fans to get out there, not enough planes, having to pay £1,000 for a flight etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44241955

Had a quick look at skyscanner to see what all the fuss is about, and there's loads of return flights from Manchester to Kiev (with a layover), but still only 6hrs each way for £500. Obviously not all fans will be able to get a direct flight from Liverpool to Kiev, not really sure why such a drama's being made of it.

Seen plenty of articles such as this one suggesting it's a real nightmare for Liverpool fans to get out there, not enough planes, having to pay £1,000 for a flight etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-44241955

Had a quick look at skyscanner to see what all the fuss is about, and there's loads of return flights from Manchester to Kiev (with a layover), but still only 6hrs each way for £500. Obviously not all fans will be able to get a direct flight from Liverpool to Kiev, not really sure why such a drama's being made of it.

*Just realised those land about the same time as KO.

A Liverpool win wins me nearly £900 but I'd still prefer a Madrid win..

Suggest placing a few insurance bets to help ease the pain of a Liverpool win

you cant help yourself can you?

Maybe you could donate it to a Kenyan charity of your choice?

I actually am not bothered if Liverpool win. They play good football and Klopp is breath of fresh air compared to Mourinho. And their fans have have a cracking sense of humour.

This bang average Madrid side shouldn’t be winning 3 back to back CL finals.

Allez allez allez

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/uefa-brands-liverpool-fans-worst-3509127

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard said: “The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final.

“That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

“We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

“There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report – most teams’ supporters do not cause any trouble at all.

“You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans – only the Liverpool fans.”

From 2007, but equally true today.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/uefa-brands-liverpool-fans-worst-3509127

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard said: “The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final.

“That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children?

“We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

“There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report – most teams’ supporters do not cause any trouble at all.

“You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans – only the Liverpool fans.”

Yeah those Italian fans are true gentlemen. #topicalreference

I like Liverpool and hope they win. If you want to take a principled stand against rich clubs poaching players, don't support Real Madrid.

Exactly. As much as I hate the victims Real Madrid are a club that shouldn't even be where they are. £600m in debt in 14/15, borrowing on average £150m a year. Exempt from being a plc, up until I believe last season were given with Barca 70% of the entire La Liga broadcasting revenue, state bail outs and so on.

If that was an English club you can bet UEFA would come down hard on them. Citeh got done for their spending but yet Real/PSG etc get away with it.

So whilst it sucks it is Liverpool in the final I would love an English team to win it. Especially beating the golden team of UEFA.

Real Madrid are a huge club commercially, they generate an insane amount of money. And you have the favourable Spanish TV deal. They comply with FPP rules.

PSG are in big trouble regarding FPP, which is why they are trying to sell Neymar ASAP.

:mcinnes:

really, just dig out the juicy bits and not the responses disputing the allegations. You must work for The Sun or something.

UEFA - do me a favour, an organisation built and run on corruption of the highest level.

Italian Fans - Really? Yeah, they are super nice, hiding in underpasses with their shivs. Have a wander around Naples with an English football shirt on matchday why dont you.

Your user name is half right sir.

This victim thing really bugs me, victims of what exactly?

What because they fought for twenty five years to get the real truth of what happened at Hillsborough.

They were victims of police negligence of the highest order and then victims of criminal reporting afterwards.

They had to endure the media and the FA and the police and the government and other football fans blaming them for the deaths of 96 people who went to a football match.

In the end they finally got the right verdict and yet some on here seem intent on calling them victims.

Are Utd victims for commemorating the Munich crash annually? What about Bradford or Celtic?

Maybe because all we have heard is Liverpool fans campaigning for justice for the last quarter of a century, because they did not get it in the first place. How darer they!

Ah, Heysel? Not good but common knowledge that the Liverpool charged at the Italian fans and a wall collapsed and thirty nine people died.

At that time, this was pretty much standard fare at football grounds, especially when our national and international teams traveled in Europe. People gasp at the Russians now and what they are like but we were pretty much the same back in the 70', 80' and even more so for the national team.

You cannot take away the fact that that group of Liverpool supporters were responsible and some were later convicted and sentenced. Its a stain on their history and one that they have perhaps not been so up front in responsibility, maybe even tried to cover it up, but victims? Yeah, they will say the stadium was a pile of bricks held together by s hit and they'd be right. It does not excuse what happened but it would have happened if Utd or Chelsea had been there. Do you think Leeds fans wouldn't have charged the same way?

I like the city of Liverpool, beats our town any day of the week.

As for their supporters, never had an issue there and generally always got on with them, they ain't patronizing like the mancs at OT or the Blues at Chelsea, they know their football and make you feel welcome. Even when we won the semi last year, walking joyously down the road singing Shane Long, not any problem whatsoever.

I hope Real beat them because like most, I can't stand the way half our team has gone there, but in saying that, we sold them, they didn't nick them and who can blame the players for wanting out anyway, its not like we have shown an ounce of ambition since Cortese walked out of the door.

What because they fought for twenty five years to get the real truth of what happened at Hillsborough.

They were victims of police negligence of the highest order and then victims of criminal reporting afterwards.

They had to endure the media and the FA and the police and the government and other football fans blaming them for the deaths of 96 people who went to a football match.

In the end they finally got the right verdict and yet some on here seem intent on calling them victims.

Are Utd victims for commemorating the Munich crash annually? What about Bradford or Celtic?

Maybe because all we have heard is Liverpool fans campaigning for justice for the last quarter of a century, because they did not get it in the first place. How darer they!

Ah, Heysel? Not good but common knowledge that the Liverpool charged at the Italian fans and a wall collapsed and thirty nine people died.

At that time, this was pretty much standard fare at football grounds, especially when our national and international teams traveled in Europe. People gasp at the Russians now and what they are like but we were pretty much the same back in the 70', 80' and even more so for the national team.

You cannot take away the fact that that group of Liverpool supporters were responsible and some were later convicted and sentenced. Its a stain on their history and one that they have perhaps not been so up front in responsibility, maybe even tried to cover it up, but victims? Yeah, they will say the stadium was a pile of bricks held together by s hit and they'd be right. It does not excuse what happened but it would have happened if Utd or Chelsea had been there. Do you think Leeds fans wouldn't have charged the same way?

As for their supporters, never had an issue there and generally always got on with them, they ain't patronizing like the mancs at OT or the Blues at Chelsea, they know their football and make you feel welcome. Even when we won the semi last year, walking joyously down the road singing Shane Long, not any problem whatsoever.

I hope Real beat them because like most, I can't stand the way half our team has gone there, but in saying that, we sold them, they didn't nick them and who can blame the players for wanting out anyway, its not like we have shown an ounce of ambition since Cortese walked out of the door.

Southampton is a city you utter bellend. I suggest you move up north if you love them that much. Typical attitude of the modern day "Saints" fan

:mcinnes:

really, just dig out the juicy bits and not the responses disputing the allegations. You must work for The Sun or something.

UEFA - do me a favour, an organisation built and run on corruption of the highest level.

Italian Fans - Really? Yeah, they are super nice, hiding in underpasses with their shivs. Have a wander around Naples with an English football shirt on matchday why dont you.

Your user name is half right sir.

I agree, I am quite useful. Thank you for the compliment.

I love the way Liverpool fans always welcome other teams, like the way that they warmly welcomed Man City this year.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-liverpool-bus-attack-14495615

Classy bunch.

The analysis of the Heysel attack suggested that the wall collapsing actually saved lives as it allowed space for the Juventus fans to escape the crush caused by the press of the Liverpool charge.

"Contrary to reports at the time, and what is still assumed by many, the collapse of the wall did not cause the 39 deaths. Instead, the collapse relieved pressure and allowed fans to escape. Most died of suffocation after tripping or being crushed against the wall before the collapse. A further 600 fans were also injured. Bodies were carried out from the stadium on sections of iron fencing and laid outside, covered with giant football flags. As police and medical helicopters flew in, the down-draught blew away the modest coverings."

Go and live there then.

I’ve been well over a dozen times and it’s a ****ing dive, would rather be homeless.

Lol the victims tag now is nothing to do with Hillsboro...I assume you were a fan back in the day and switched during the lean times?

What’s the financial reward for winning? Is the playoff still bigger financially?

For me, the Fulham villa game is far more important and interesting.

Around £100m for Champions League. Juventus came out of it better off than Real Madrid last year, financially.

Lol the victims tag now is nothing to do with Hillsboro...I assume you were a fan back in the day and switched during the lean times?

It's a combination of things I thought. More recently I can remember the whole Suarez/Evra saga and Ken Bigley's murder, with the subsequent Boris Johnson article (which was in poor taste).

Herr Klopp is quoted as saying, “We are here because we are Liverpool”. Not quite right. In good Liverpudlian tradition he should have said, ‘we are here because we stole Southampton’s best players and were allowed to get away with it.’

Herr Klopp is quoted as saying, “We are here because we are Liverpool”. Not quite right. In good Liverpudlian tradition he should have said, ‘we are here because we stole Southampton’s best players and were allowed to get away with it.’

Since when did paying us millions of pounds in transfer fees constitute 'stealing'?