Come on Real Madrid!!

Saint Billy

I watched the match in Spain. Seems quite likely he'll leave. The coverage here though is all about Ronaldo's future.

And he has said something equally as off script....

''I've enjoyed Real Madird. I'll speak to the fans in a few days''

What Gareth Bale has done is to ensure that we will forever have a decent retaliatory chant against the dippers....regardless of the score in future games, we can p*ss them off until the end of time. Season ticket renewal worth it for this alone.

It's only bizarre to those who expect players to show full loyalty to a club who won't give it back to them.

Management has shown time and time again that they are unwilling / unable to invest in players. Why throw a fit when others come along who will?

If the Saints were better, no one would leave. The problems start at home. Blaming Liverpool is what the management would do. (And did, for VVD, and our season if you were to believe them...)

You’re looking for a standard among supporters that is simply not available anywhere in this sport. Players leave clubs at all levels. Some behave reprehensibly when they agitate for a move. The supporters give it back to them at any opportunity. They deserve it. There are similar attitudes up and down the food chain. Liverpool supporters are the same way with Stirling. It’s part of football at every level, not just Southampton’s.

Most Saints supporters have been pretty decent with departees like Ox, and Walcott.

You don't seem to appreciate it's _how_ players move. Mane doesn't get stick (even though it was perfectly obvious he used us as a stepping stone), nor does Clyne, or Schneiderlin or Wanyama, all players we really miss. If you don't understand _why_ that is I suggest you do a bit of research before posting on here. Most of us here are pretty realistic about our position in the pecking order of clubs and the finances involved...

100% agree!

so pleased that I didn't have to witness LOLvren, van **** and nivea boy holding that trophy great aloft. If Salah hadn't got injured I'd of fancied them to win, but such is life. Noticeable how much of a non entity Henderson was, and he will be running our central midfield this summer at the WC. Gulp.

You don't seem to appreciate it's _how_ players move. Mane doesn't get stick (even though it was perfectly obvious he used us as a stepping stone), nor does Clyne, or Schneiderlin or Wanyama, all players we really miss. If you don't understand _why_ that is I suggest you do a bit of research before posting on here. Most of us here are pretty realistic about our position in the pecking order of clubs and the finances involved...

Well said. I know very well where we stand in the pyramid, but signing contracts and then forcing the clubs hand to leave five minutes later ****es me off.

Van Dijk £75m

Mane £34m

Lallana £20m

Clyde £12m

Lovren in tears (again) - priceless!!

As for Lineker almost suggesting Ramos was laughing at Salah going off injured, thought that was disgraceful. There was me thinking presenters were at least meant to pretend to be impartial, was he the linesman or something, could have sworn he was in the studio.

Not a fan of Jordan Henderson but fair play, he spoke well afterwards. At least one person connected with Liverpool showing a bit of humility.

It's only bizarre to those who expect players to show full loyalty to a club who won't give it back to them.

Management has shown time and time again that they are unwilling / unable to invest in players. Why throw a fit when others come along who will?

If the Saints were better, no one would leave. The problems start at home. Blaming Liverpool is what the management would do. (And did, for VVD, and our season if you were to believe them...)

That's what it might look like from Califronia, but the reality is very much different. "If the Saints were better, no one would leave" - if you seriously believe that, then you have little idea of how things work.

What's this I hear? It must be the sound of the world's smallest violin. Damn, my mistake, it's Gerrard's *$%£ing annoying voice.

'Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard speaking on BT Sport: "Out of the six [final defeats] this will be Jurgen Klopp's toughest - just the way it's happened. He's done everything right, the manager.

"He's prepared his team well throughout the campaign and he set them up well tonight. Tactically they were very good, they looked dangerous, they were full of energy and he loses his best player who has been phenomenal all season.

"That goes against them and for the keeper to make the two mistakes that he did - everything went against Liverpool that could."'

Funny that the same who slag off the management for putting mediocrity on the field get upset when star players reach for something Southampton will never give them.

Watching former players compete is the closest Southampton will get to Champions League football, and the club has entirely accepted this. Why begrudge the players who have seen the writing on the wall, or teams with the ambition to chase trophies? It's as small minded a mentality as the leadership.

Schadenfreude is probably banned in California..............probably spelt differently too!

Will be great to see an ex Saint scoring the winning goal in the Champions League Final - come on Gareth.
Well while we're blowing trumpets, post #10 from 2 days ago. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Well said. I know very well where we stand in the pyramid, but signing contracts and then forcing the clubs hand to leave five minutes later ****es me off.

That's Van Dyke but as far as I recall he is the only player who forced a sale with years left on his contract. Others were sold when contracts were running down and the player was refusing to sign an extension. Right to free angry over the way Van Dyke behaved but it showed that no club can make a player perform to his best if he doesn't want to. FIFA's best intentions over Financial Fair Play haven't achieved a level playing field because the small group of clubs with worldwide commercial revenues are permitted to spend much more on transfers and pay massively higher wages than those in the middle of the pyramid or lower down.

That's Van Dyke but as far as I recall he is the only player who forced a sale with years left on his contract. Others were sold when contracts were running down and the player was refusing to sign an extension.

You don't recollect terribly well. Lallana left a year after signing a five year deal. Lovren a year after signing a four year deal. Both forced their way out.

That's Van Dyke but as far as I recall he is the only player who forced a sale with years left on his contract. Others were sold when contracts were running down and the player was refusing to sign an extension..

And were Lollana and Van **** were still club captains when they were agitating for moves. Lollana said it was after we'd played them in Feb(?) earlier that year that he knew that's where he wanted to be, and was seen signing LFC shirts at World Cup before talks had "officially" started. Illegal approach to Van **** is well documented, but remember how Reed was confident that Clyne would be signing an extension ... he obviously didn't know how much had probably been going on behind the scenes without SFC's consent given their track record. Mane, I can forgive after the rough ride he was given in his 1st year with us. Lolvren with his head is already there crap ... had we given him permission to talk to them beforehand ... probably not.

No pity, no respect. End of.

bfb51179ba2f486729a590981eb48f34.jpg

They should play this guy, then they will win for sure !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Move over Mo Salah, Liverpool have signed No Salad!

I watched the final, despite the intention not to, and it was well worth watching - the tears, the screw ups, and then the utterly sublime from Bale. Born in Wales, made in Southampton. Awesome. Oh, and while I hate Liverpool, I hope Mo Salah is back for the World Cup. I plan on watching every game (that my newborn baby will allow) and he's worth watching.

Oh, and Liverpool's best player was Mane. Surely bigger clubs are looking at him... :lol:

Great night and good day of sport overall. Pleased for Targett first of all at Wembley, probably joining Fulham now and might suit all parties. Then stunning appearance from Bale and unless Liverpool sign him (doubt it, I think a keeper and DMs will be their priority!) he’s given his first club great ammunition for whenever we play the victims. Was pleased for Mane too, no issues with him and might be a player Barca or PSG now target.

Like most others, was delighted to see Lovren, Lallana and worst of all VVD get nowt. Unnecessary the way all three left, aided and abetted by Liverpool and their agents. VVD is going to have a seriously uncomfortable afternoon next season as Saints regenerate and have shaken off MP’s legacy, although I do thank Puel for the semi final victory over them.

Lallana looked well off the pace and can see him being loaned off to Wolves or West Ham.

Finally, Eisner’s tweet put a further bonus crown on the evening!

Great night and good day of sport overall. Pleased for Targett first of all at Wembley, probably joining Fulham now and might suit all parties. Then stunning appearance from Bale and unless Liverpool sign him (doubt it, I think a keeper and DMs will be their priority!) he’s given his first club great ammunition for whenever we play the victims. Was pleased for Mane too, no issues with him and might be a player Barca or PSG now target.

Like most others, was delighted to see Lovren, Lallana and worst of all VVD get nowt. Unnecessary the way all three left, aided and abetted by Liverpool and their agents. VVD is going to have a seriously uncomfortable afternoon next season as Saints regenerate and have shaken off MP’s legacy, although I do thank Puel for the semi final victory over them.

Lallana looked well off the pace and can see him being loaned off to Wolves or West Ham.

Finally, Eisner’s tweet put a further bonus crown on the evening!

If carlsberg did ......

And he has said something equally as off script....

''I've enjoyed Real Madird. I'll speak to the fans in a few days''

If I was being cynical I would say that is just Ronaldo trying to grab some of the limelight after being overshadowed in the match. He was clearly DESPERATE to score.

I flew 9 Liverpool supporters over to Kiev. They were very confident and said it was their year. Had no sympathy when I told them I wan a Saints fan and said it’s the way it is with transfers and tapping up. Lots of drinking, bugging themselves up and reminiscing about the past.

I wished them well well as they left and said good luck and I hope it’s an ex Saints player that scores the winner. So into themselves they thought I meant for them and said ‘arrrr thanks mate’

They got what I meant when I picked them up. Very quiet flight back!

Funny that the same who slag off the management for putting mediocrity on the field get upset when star players reach for something Southampton will never give them.

Watching former players compete is the closest Southampton will get to Champions League football, and the club has entirely accepted this. Why begrudge the players who have seen the writing on the wall, or teams with the ambition to chase trophies? It's as small minded a mentality as the leadership.

If they were chasing trophies they wouldn't have gone to Liverpool.

They haven't won the league for 28 years and to be honest they are not even regular top 4 candidates, in the last 10 years they have finished outside the top four 6 times, outside the top 6 on four of those occasions.

They have won just ONE trophy in the last 12 years and that was a League Cup against Championship Cardiff.

They went for money pure and simple, they moved from a team that was challenging for the top 6-8 and looking to move up, to a team that challenges for the top 4-6 most seasons. It's a step up, but hardly a big one and several of left without zero good grace or thanks for the club that made them into the players they are to get that big pay raise, they instead threw tantrums and forced through their moves.

They're really going for it with the Ramos stuff. Absolute desperation and need for someone to blame. They'll run with this for years now, the time Ramos cheated them of a CL win.

Reality, two men fall over and one suffers freak injury. Looked like when Austin did his arm, just one of those things.

Yes Ramos is a dirty defender, but he's also a fcking good one. Carragher was fcking dirty player too and they loved that. There's no way he meant to injure him but don't doubt he had intentions to let Salah know it'd be a tough physical game, as you'd want from your defender. There's a reason he's won everything in football.

He tried to get Mané in trouble going down as if he had been elbowed to the face when Mané barely touched him and proceeded to put an elbow in Karius face. He could have easily released Salah's arm when he was rolling. There were plenty of other incidents. I get it you have to dislike liverpool and follow the herd but try being objective when you do it pal.

He tried to get Mané in trouble going down as if he had been elbowed to the face when Mané barely touched him and proceeded to put an elbow in Karius face. He could have easily released Salah's arm when he was rolling. There were plenty of other incidents. I get it you have to dislike liverpool and follow the herd but try being objective when you do it pal.

Expecting objectivity on here would best be described as "optimistic", especially where the scousers are concerned.