Any truth in this ??

Lastman73

Nothing surprises me anymore about this club.

We just seem absolutely determined to put the financial priorities so far ahead of football successes

Guess you don't win the net spend league every season by having football ambition?

Having said that, even the clowns that run us and own us must realize the team needs investment

Given that the owner offered Hughes £1m for 8 games to keep us in the league, I suspect that the owners are aware of what is what.

Not a great track record in knowing what is what over the last 12 months, to be honest

Can't see how "even if the club sells players" can be right. So we have £30m if we keep everyone, or we have £30m to spend if we sell Bertrand, Cedric, Gabbiadini, Lemina & Tadic?

The essence of the story might be true, but can't see that the details are.

It would be the opposite to what the club have constantly been saying for the last couple of years, in January, and as recent as a couple of weeks ago. I'm still yet to see a concrete source on this rumour other than random tweets and posts. Nothing from the usual journos.

As far as we know through any journos and news outlets is Mark Hughes in on holiday this week, and the deal is close.

Ok, not quite an article but the write up in the photo snap !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is.are "thesaintscentre"? I see their instagram account (no idea who uses instagram other than my kids and z list celebs), and that their previous post was about a possible 3rd strip for next season. Now judging by that, I am not sure how many 3rd strips have the same main colour as the 1st strip, so I guess they are spouting BS

I'd imagine pretty much every PL club could easily afford to spend £30 million on transfers considering the TV deal, wages is probaby more a stumbling block than transfer fees these days.

They can and they do.

Think we are literally the only team that has made a transfer profit for 4-5 years consecutive.

Even little old Bournemouth have out spent us

30 million in one summer seems like a decent spend for a club our size...

seriously?? when we spunked away nearly £20m on one striker who couldn't score in a brothel??

£50m is the bare minimum spend needed to keep us up next season. Where the **** has all the money gone from player sales?????

If we miss out on Mark Hughes the board need shooting

seriously?? when we spunked away nearly £20m on one striker who couldn't score in a brothel??

£50m is the bare minimum spend needed to keep us up next season. Where the **** has all the money gone from player sales?????

If we miss out on Mark Hughes the board need shooting

Wow, it’s an unconfirmed and frankly a bit ridiculous rumour. Can we not just wait to see what happens before flying off the handle?

It can’t be true can it? Here’s £30m Mark. Then we sell Lemina, Bertrand, Cedric, McCarthy, Boufal and Gabbi. Do you really think he will see no more of that money? We would definitely get relegated and gao’s investment would be worth a lot less. Can we not just have a dose of reality?