JWP Progress

Dusic

Wonder if he is worth trying at wing back if we stick with 5 at the back. Hasnt got cedrics pace but at least he can cross a ball. And he has the legs to get up and down
If he was quicker and a little more aggressive then yes, but he isn't.

been saying for a few seasons he is Championship level at best. No doubting his dead ball delivery but he is so limited in other areas with a quite simply embarassing goal record. He's had around five seasons now and some of us still bring out the 'he's only young, he needs time'. Well sadly he's had more than enough chances. A good lad undoubtedly and cares about the club, but just not quite good enough.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

been saying for a few seasons he is Championship level at best. No doubting his dead ball delivery but he is so limited in other areas with a quite simply embarassing goal record. He's had around five seasons now and some of us still bring out the 'he's only young, he needs time'. Well sadly he's had more than enough chances. A good lad undoubtedly and cares about the club, but just not quite good enough.

I have been saying that for 3 years and STILL people will not see it.

Les Reed has kept him in there and determined not to get in a better alternative as he was his goldenballs.

Lets hope that with Hughes now manager, we can get in midfielders that actually are good, as opposed to Ploddy and ancient Davis.

I know, think about being 4th top goal scorer, joint 2nd on assists, but yet played less min than any other player that played in his position, says a lot about Tadic, Redmond, Boufal. seeing as a more advanced role suits and the formation and tactics used through out the season also suits them more, but doesn't JWP and yet he did there jobs better than they did ( but Tadic but only cause he scored more goals once MH took over. ) and they all playing in natural positions...….. again, not only that but compared over the last two seasons JWP is are 2nd best attacking mid...…. I said it at top of this page, your all Bonkers.

JWP always puts in a good shift and he is a decent footballer, but the key thing is the formation we will play next season and trying to fit him into the team. If we play 5-4-1 again next season (and I hope we don't as our midfield is much stronger than our defence), then I simply don't see JWP making the starting XI as Oriel, PEH and Lemina are ahead of him for the central midfield positions, and he isn't likely to play out wide unless we plan to play defensive. I would love to see him given an extended run-out in the number 10 role, supporting the striker and getting the chance to get on the ball, but I just don't see it. A decent squad player, but who knows, he may get frustrated at the lack of opportunities and seek a move elsewhere?

He's best as a hard working right midfielder that hasn't got pace like Beckham. Would probably be more effective in a 442 than a 4231 or 433

For me, this is his issue in a nutshell. He'd be so much more effective 15/20 years ago, but nobody plays with right midfielders any more.

I do think he's made most impact on the right of a front three (the cup final springs to mind) but then you need to make up for his lack of pace in who you pick at centre forward.

If he plays at CM you have to pair him with someone better defensively like Romeu, or inhibit the natural game of Lemina or Hojbjerg.

Essentially IMO he's a good option but not good enough to warrant the reshuffling of the rest of the team that's required if you play him every game.

For me, this is his issue in a nutshell. He'd be so much more effective 15/20 years ago, but nobody plays with right midfielders any more.

I do think he's made most impact on the right of a front three (the cup final springs to mind) but then you need to make up for his lack of pace in who you pick at centre forward.

If he plays at CM you have to pair him with someone better defensively like Romeu, or inhibit the natural game of Lemina or Hojbjerg.

Essentially IMO he's a good option but not good enough to warrant the reshuffling of the rest of the team that's required if you play him every game.

You will be surprised to know that quite a high portion of goals scored this season was from corners free kicks and crosses into the box, we have one of the best crossers in the league in the team, yet he spends the less time on the pitch, we also have 3 strikers who love to get on the end of crosses, and another who just likes to run around being annoying...…. is it no wonder that Bertrand Cedric and JWP make up the majority of assists for us this season?

Would it not make more sense to utilise JWP more than to keep playing a style suited to Redmond tadic and boufal.? I know if I was a manager I would play to my strikers strength cause at the end of the day, goals win you games, and obviously with the forward line we have, trying to get killer balls in behind is not an easy job and none of are forwards ( Tadic Redmond and Boufal ) can finish!!.

I think CWD's question highlights the issue, but Moisin is too in emphasising the contribution he actually made this season, and getting 3 goals in a side made chronically constipated by MP2. To which I'd add a third reason not to sell him: who could we possibly afford to replace him and _all_ his attributes. Boufal, for example, is much more skilful and pacier but doesn't actually produce and can't be relied on in the same way.

I'd like to see how the team performs next season, and in a more positive context, how JWP performs. Mind you, that applies to all of the players, and I'm allowing my optimism a slightly freer rein now.

I think CWD's question highlights the issue, but Moisin is too in emphasising the contribution he actually made this season, and getting 3 goals in a side made chronically constipated by MP2. To which I'd add a third reason not to sell him: who could we possibly afford to replace him and _all_ his attributes. Boufal, for example, is much more skilful and pacier but doesn't actually produce and can't be relied on in the same way.

I'd like to see how the team performs next season, and in a more positive context, how JWP performs. Mind you, that applies to all of the players, and I'm allowing my optimism a slightly freer rein now.

this is what I mean, when we had RK he played to Mane's strength's and Pelles using tadics ability to pick passes out for Mane who either scored or set up Pelle, MP played to Lallana's and Lamberts and JRods.

MOPO To tadics and Redmonds

CP to Tadics and redmonds….

Are two worst seasons, have been playing to Tadics and Redmonds strengths, before hand, we was playing to are strikers strengths, using them to play off them and to get them on the score sheet