Berahino/Benteke
    Chester
    Gibson
    You do know we stayed up, yeah?

Shaqiri
    Sisto
    Johnny Evans (or a CB from Europe)
    Mitrovic

Pace, creativity and strength going forwards, with some solidity / experience at the back

Mawson, well we need a cb. There are a load of options & he just about edges it for me.
    Promes: we need an attacking mid with pace. If sisto impresses me at wc I may change my mind.
    ings: we need to clear out the strikers. I’d see if inns is sur0lus to requirement.
    McNair: we may very well need the 4th buy elsewhere if we lost Cedric etc but given a freehand I think McNair is a very good player who could be gotten rather cheaply off the mess that is Sunderland. Much younger version of Davis. Can play at cb too & has more of an eye for goal than davo.

7. Default

Promes
    Grealish
    Sissoko
    Shaqiri

Kasper Dolberg
    Leon Bailey
    Emanuel Mammana

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatt View Post
    Grealish
    Berahino/Benteke
    Chester
    Gibson
    Berahino are you joking... dire. But grealish most definitely and think he’d be a better shout than shaqiri.

Assuming Bertrand has gone a experienced LB to fight with Targett for starting LB.

Promes or some sort of promising proven winger with pace.

CB to play with Hoedt, then we have Yoshi and Bednarek as league up and back up CBs, making us much stronger at the back.

Other then that I am good as that would make the squad along with more game time for Sims and Gabba or Austin ( if he stays fit) much better and have us somewhere between 12th and 9th.

Joe Allen
    Sisto
    Gibson
    Ings

Promes, need goals
    Shaq, need goals
    A striker - need goals
    A commanding CB, need to stop goals

Promes
    Shaqiri
    Dembele (Celtic)
    Gibson
    Last edited by davefizzy14; 29-05-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Why does every one want Shaqiri for, he isn't even that good LOL

Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    Joe Allen
    Sisto
    Gibson
    Ings
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...p-six-premier/

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

I quite like Joe Allen busy little player but none of the top six are coming in for him. I imagine Stoke will need to reduce the wage bill post relegation so any decent offer for players would be considered.

Grealish most definitely. Looks very good and a year in the Champ is no bad thing

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    I quite like Joe Allen busy little player but none of the top six are coming in for him. I imagine Stoke will need to reduce the wage bill post relegation so any decent offer for players would be considered.
    Seems a weird clause in his contract. Could one of the top six not just buy him and then immediately sell him on?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintBobby View Post
    Seems a weird clause in his contract. Could one of the top six not just buy him and then immediately sell him on?
    I think there is a restriction about how many teams you can register for in a season, so they would have to wait at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by StDunko View Post
    I think there is a restriction about how many teams you can register for in a season, so they would have to wait at least a year.
    Can register as many times as you like, just cant play for more than 2 different teams a season

Bobby Reid (Bristol City)
    Promes (Spartak)
    Grealish (Villa)
    Gibson (Boro) or another CB

Personally I think 4 is too many. Funds are always going to be limited at a club our size and fees are going up. I'd rather get fewer but higher quality who can come straight in.

I'd hate to sign Grealish, horrible little cnt of a player. Fine if you're top quality, but he isn't. Some skill, but little end product and christ knows we've got enough like that. Joe Allen seems an odd shout given the options we have at CM. Be a real waste of money to focus funds on that area.

CB is the most obvious. We need to identify a leader to come in there. Hoedt and Bednarek will improve and need time, but they need someone else alongside them.

Then an attacker. Promes is the obvious one, but someone in that mould. Pace and goals. Difficult to find but that's what we need. Shaqiri gets mentioned because of brilliant goals rather than consistent seasons. If we didn't have Tadic I'd say go for him, but Tadic and Shaqiri together? I fear we'd have a lot of off days.

Beyond those 2, it depends on sales. Bertrand might go, but I'm all for giving Targett and McQueen the role. Yes it's a downgrade short term, but not a huge one IMO and surely the whole point is to use these players? We can't guarantee a replacement we spent 15m on won't be a downgrade either. So many people, here and other clubs mentioned Fredericks as a good signing at RB. Fair enough, he's decent, but Targett matched him for performance in the Championship. I swear if he wasn't ours, Bertrand left and we signed him for 15m from Fulham, people would be in favour.

Other option is Bertrand into the left side of back 3 and Targett left wing back. That's my favoured option, with a new CB playing alongside Bertrand and one of Bednarek or Hoedt.

Strikers depend on sales. Would be happy with Gabbiadini playing. If we have more pace up there, maybe Austin will do better. Interested to see Carrillo with a pre-season. I just don't want to see Long starting again.

Gibson and Promes in would be 2 Saints sort of signings, and the sort that built our success.

Grealish looks good but Maddison had more end product.

Mawson (2nd choice Gibson), we have some ok CBs who need a leader to help them develop and command a little more,
    Promes (2nd Sisto), we need more pace and attacking threat from out wide, a little unpredictably would help too,
    Maddison (2nd Grealish), we have been missing a '10' for years though either could potentially play alongside a more traditional forward, both look like they could step up to the premier league and develop,
    Rondon (2nd Ings), okay Rondon hasn't screamed goals lately but we have lacked physicality up front that allows others to play since the days of Pelle or Lambert - Ings may be a cheap(ish) option and may find goals with a consistent run ... open minded for continental options though if we can find somebody who could manage in the premier league.

5th (dependent on Forster not wanting to stick out as a reserve keeper) Bentley - always looked decent when I have seen him play, good potential, English.

It's hard to quantify what's realistic anymore under the present regime, seemingly committed to scaling back our ambition.

Assuming sold starters like Bertrand and Cedric will be replaced and discounting them from the four hypothetical signings, I'd say we need: a CB, a midfielder who can go forwards, a wide attacker and a striker.

CB: Issa Diop (Toulouse). Absolute beast. Lots of big clubs are looking at him, but is it beyond the realms of possibility that we couldn't pull off a "stepping stone" transfer for a young talent who is going to be a star, but isn't there yet?

AMC: I think Grealish or Maddison would fit the bill lovely. Nick Powell would also be very realistic. We can't keep playing three holding midfielders, Ward-Prowse is pony and Hesketh isn't going to make the grade. Someone's got to pass forwards.

Wide attacker: Sisto and Promes have been linked. Of the two, I do like the look of Sisto and - given that Promes is supposedly priced around £30m - I'd say the younger, probably cheaper and therefore more realistic option.

Striker: Tammy Abraham. Pushing the limits of what is realistic, perhaps, but I think he's a brilliant player in the making - and more importantly, possibly open to persuasion with his pathway at Chelsea perennially blocked. If we're counting pennies, maybe we could wrangle a one or two year loan.

Tall, strong, mobile, technically good with fantastic movement - Abraham's what we hoped Gallagher would be. I wouldn't hold a tough season at Swansea against him. Even in that crap side he scored more goals than our strikers managed. Assuming we'll keep at least one experienced quantity (Gabbiadini would be my choice) and reintegrate Gallagher, I think that'd leave us with a reasonable, though not groundbreaking, set of options up top.

But typing that all out makes you realise just how much money we'd have to find for not exactly top-shelf players, just to keep moving forward. I reckon we'd do well to sign the above for under £60m. Do we have that?

I suspect it's going to be a chastening off season.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Berahino and Benteke are gash mush...

If we're doing things on the relative cheap:

CB: Hegazi, £2.5m

AMC: Max Meyer, free

Winger: Shaqiri, £12m

Striker: Find a loan somewhere. Maybe use Les' Liverpool club card to get Solanke or Brewster for a season.

28. Default

Some of the names on here- give me strength!

You've got Leon Bailey who's linked with every top club in Europe for crazy money (why would he leave Leverkusen for Saints when he can go to pretty much every big club?) and then you've got suggestions like Dominic Solanke, Sadio Berahino and Paddy McNair

Anyway, the three signings I'd make would be a dominant CB, a forward who can play any of the front three positions and a target-man as priorities. Replacements for anyone else who leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    Berahino and Benteke are gash mush...
    I havenít scrolled back but has someone mentioned signing those two?! Fcking hell. How about Wilfred Bony!

Ben Gibson, Nick Powell, Carlos Bacca and Nils Petersen.

Quote Originally Posted by GGalpin View Post
    Some of the names on here- give me strength!

You've got Leon Bailey who's linked with every top club in Europe for crazy money (why would he leave Leverkusen for Saints when he can go to pretty much every big club?) and then you've got suggestions like Dominic Solanke, Sadio Berahino and Paddy McNair

Anyway, the three signings I'd make would be a dominant CB, a forward who can play any of the front three positions and a target-man as priorities. Replacements for anyone else who leaves.
    Considering his shocking low wages, which we pay to youth players that have not even seen first team football before, I would think his desire to leave for far far far higher wages to be pretty high, and seeing as interest from the so called top clubs dropped off and his price still sitting at 20 million, I would put us in a good spot to be able to sign him.

Don't know about signings but would love some Academy graduates of the Bale/Theo/Ox/Lallana quality to come through again.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian lord View Post
    Don't know about signings but would love some Academy graduates of the Bale/Theo/Ox/Lallana quality to come through again.
    Wouldn't even find out. People would moan they weren't instantly good enough. Would love to see us give academy players the time to actually develop. Yet mention Targett and it's 'not as good as Bertrand'. No academy player will be. Even Shaw wasn't. You have to let then play and become that good.

People still have weirdly negative opinions on JWP too. So I would imagine all new signings are going to disappoint. People got too used to Mane, Van Dijk, Wanyama etc., and only remember them as the end product that left and went on to better things.

Sims, JWP, Targett, McQueen all have enough about them to be useful parts of the squad. The alternative is buying expensive squad players people will soon moan about anyway. Beyond that players like Slattery and Valery will need a chance at some point. Hesketh needs a good loan move to see if he can really do it. Might just be a late developer, but could just not be fit or strong enough.

Suprised no one has mentioned Michy Batshuayi, Chelsea have been Linked with Icardi so why not a move for Batman

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tammy Abraham
    Max Meyer
    Josh king
    Stephane mbia

Only 4? Then I'd be keeping Forster as back up GK, and Bertrand, Pied and Cedric as full backs. Then sell, Boufal, Targett and Reed. Keep the rest. Then I'd strengthen the spine. Off the top of my head, working from attack back...

Str: Bertrand Traore
    AM: Thorgan Hazard
    DM: Wylan Cyprien
    CB: Ummm... Chris Smalling. Ok, then, de Ligt.

Realistic? Probably not but I'm not Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Only 4? Then I'd be keeping Forster as back up GK, and Bertrand, Pied and Cedric as full backs. Then sell, Boufal, Targett and Reed. Keep the rest. Then I'd strengthen the spine. Off the top of my head, working from attack back...

Str: Bertrand Traore
    AM: Thorgan Hazard
    DM: Wylan Cyprien
    CB: Ummm... Chris Smalling. Ok, then, de Ligt.

Realistic? Probably not but I'm not Hughes.
    Hazard is a good shout. Feasible too, wouldn't be cheap, but doubt he's ready to attract a top 6 club. Seen him play quite a few times, he's create for us.

If we got him, Gibson and one of Promes or Shaqiri I'd be chuffed. 2 attackers, one CB.

Out go Boufal, Redmond, Long, Davis, Forster for me. Other signings for back up are another matter. I think you sign a back up keeper, but anywhere else just use the youth team. Don't replace Redmond, use Sims more. Tadic/Shaqiri/Hazard/Sims would be more than enough for 2 creative starting positions. Could play 3 some games.

38. Default

For the money id think you'd defiantly need to take Hegazi, leaving more money for Aboubacar and Shaquiri

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    Considering his shocking low wages, which we pay to youth players that have not even seen first team football before, I would think his desire to leave for far far far higher wages to be pretty high, and seeing as interest from the so called top clubs dropped off and his price still sitting at 20 million, I would put us in a good spot to be able to sign him.
    Has the interest from top clubs dropped off? Do you think they would let him go for £20m?

Absolutely dreaming

Blog Entries

I wouldn't touch Joe Allen with a 50ft pole, tbh, might as well keep picking Steven Davis who went off a cliff about the same time.

We need at least 1 CB of Champions League last 8 fringe first-team standard (I'd get shot of Hoedt too tbh but keep Yoshida), replacements for anyone who goes (which could be 2 LBs, a DM, 2 RBs, 1 AM, 2 wide midfielders and maybe 2 strikers). That's a lot of players who could be off, tbh. With that in mind 4 doesn't seem enough.

I'd re-sign Pied, but I think it's too late for that, and flog Forster. To Cardiff. And sell Carrillo (covered in the numbers above, but I'm expecting a loan out).

Sisto seems an obvious choice.
    Rather than Mawson or Gibson, CB is where the money needs to go on an established player. Looking in the Alderweireld pool, not the Gardos one.
    Also, even though he was dreadful for Swansea, Renato Sanches might flourish with Romeu to guide him and he's definitely got a potential upside and might at this point be available for not much. Gamble, but so was Bertrand at the time...
    Last edited by The9; 27-05-2018 at 09:51 PM.

41. Default

It's a shame about Berahino. He showed so much promise a couple of years ago. Maybe he just needs a fresh start? Although there definitely seems to be a big attitude problem.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...er-earmarked1/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd View Post
    It's a shame about Berahino. He showed so much promise a couple of years ago. Maybe he just needs a fresh start? Although there definitely seems to be a big attitude problem.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...er-earmarked1/
    We won't sign a player we know to have attitude problems.

Quote Originally Posted by labibs View Post
    Has the interest from top clubs dropped off? Do you think they would let him go for £20m?

Absolutely dreaming
    and what top team you think will sign this young 19 year old winger who has 12 goals all season in a fairly easy league? what top class winger in a top side is he going to displace, Rashford? Eriksen? , Sanchez? LOL Hazzard? Salah? Sane? Mane? Sterling? Mata? Martial? Gabriel? Moreno? Jesus?, This is just the English top 6 players. Wow loads and loads of Talent here, cant even believe your putting this kid on these guys level. If he was so good, why have Bayern Munich not took him off Leverkusens hands already, you do know the German League is Bayern Munich's own personal youth development team right?

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    If we're doing things on the relative cheap:

CB: Hegazi, £2.5m

AMC: Max Meyer, free

Winger: Shaqiri, £12m

Striker: Find a loan somewhere. Maybe use Les' Liverpool club card to get Solanke or Brewster for a season.

Getting back to potential cheapish options if we're being tight:

RB: Ryan Fredericks, 25 (Fulham) and Achraf Hakimi, 19 (Real Madrid) - both out of contract.

CM: Oguzhan Ozyakup, 25 (Besiktas) - free

Winger: Jonathan Bamba, 22 (St. Etienne) - free.

Striker: Mario Balotelli, 27 (Nice) - free. Probably not realistic, but I'd doubt a massive club will take a punt on him now. Seems to have matured and has certainly got quality. Weirder things have happened...

Quote Originally Posted by The9 View Post
    We won't sign a player we know to have attitude problems.
    Yeah no way would we do that. We'd never sign Osvaldo, I mean Berrahino.

A CB is obvious but hard to find. Gibson or Mawson would be ok.
    We then need to completely freshen up the attack so I would go for 3 up top and leave midfield as is. Shaquiri, Promes and Abrahams for me whilst keeping Austin and Gabbi (hopefully)

Issa Diop for me

Koulibaly
    Promes
    Shaq
    Willian Jose

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Ben Gibson, Nick Powell, Carlos Bacca and Nils Petersen.
    I was thinking Bacca too but he's 31 so definitely no resale value. Then again, what do I know...I chose Koulibaly and he's worth £70mil apparently. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Getting back to potential cheapish options if we're being tight:

RB: Ryan Fredericks, 25 (Fulham) and Achraf Hakimi, 19 (Real Madrid) - both out of contract.

CM: Oguzhan Ozyakup, 25 (Besiktas) - free

Winger: Jonathan Bamba, 22 (St. Etienne) - free.

Striker: Mario Balotelli, 27 (Nice) - free. Probably not realistic, but I'd doubt a massive club will take a punt on him now. Seems to have matured and has certainly got quality. Weirder things have happened...

What is the obsession with Fredericks? I’ve seen him play numerous times and would want him anywhere near our RB slot