4 signings who would you bring in

ally_uk

Issa Diop for me

We were previously strongly linked with his CB partner, Christopher Julien from Toulose.

I've read somewhere, on here or elsewhere that Diop is a good future prospect and that bigger clubs are looking at him. All well and good, but I think we need a more experienced head at CB to allow the younger players - whether its Diop, Hoedt, or Stephens - to develop.

I quite like Joe Allen busy little player but none of the top six are coming in for him. I imagine Stoke will need to reduce the wage bill post relegation so any decent offer for players would be considered.

I like him too. Realistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we need more than 4 but here you go:

Aleksandar Dragovic - the aggressive ball-playing centreback we need. Currently on loan at Leicester but doesn't want to play for Puel

Quincy Promes - need his pace and trickery

Moussa Dembele - could be that striker we need with pace and power - and finishing

Hakim Ziyech - the attacking midfielder and No. 10 who scores goals and is a team player

Some of the names on here- give me strength!

You've got Leon Bailey who's linked with every top club in Europe for crazy money (why would he leave Leverkusen for Saints when he can go to pretty much every big club?) and then you've got suggestions like Dominic Solanke, Sadio Berahino and Paddy McNair :mcinnes:

Anyway, the three signings I'd make would be a dominant CB, a forward who can play any of the front three positions and a target-man as priorities. Replacements for anyone else who leaves.

Really putting your b0ll0cks on the line there mate :lol:

In the same vein can I change my choices to:

- a good centre back

- a good wingback

- a good winger

- a good forward

We also shouldn't sign anyone bad

When does our retained list get released or have I missed it ?

Strangely it's not been announced yet, they don't have to but think normally it's done by now. Guess we'll probably hear something on the 1st June if not before.

Quite a few decent players out of contract for other clubs...be interesting to see where they end up, specifically Meyer...

Luke Shaw

Mario Balotelli

Max Meyer

Jack Wilshere

Bernard

Milan Badelj

Oguzhan Özyakup

Think we're pretty much agreed that priorities have to be:

CB (physical and dominant)

AM - possibly Ziyech

Winger (Quick & powerful) - Sisto / Promes maybe both

ST - ideally someone who is good in the air. Would look at Rondon despite the lack of goals, maybe Bas Dost.

Can I ask the people who would like us to sign Ziyech why they would want him? Yes he is very talented and full of tricks, but his demeanor is the same as Boufals. At Heerenveen, Twente and Ajax he had a poor relationship with the fans and staff. Standing next to Jordy Clasie would make Clasie look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his bodybuilding days. Imagine one of the big CB’s of the Prem crashing in to him. Besides him and Boufal together would seriously cause trouble within the team.

Can I ask the people who would like us to sign Ziyech why they would want him? Yes he is very talented and full of tricks, but his demeanor is the same as Boufals. At Heerenveen, Twente and Ajax he had a poor relationship with the fans and staff. Standing next to Jordy Clasie would make Clasie look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his bodybuilding days. Imagine one of the big CB’s of the Prem crashing in to him. Besides him and Boufal together would seriously cause trouble within the team.

By all accounts isn't Boufal a nice guy? And not necessarily a 'bad egg' in terms of team spirit?

His attitude in terms of expecting to play, not wanting to warm up, wanting everything on the pitch to be about him, making ill-advised comments to the media etc is a different kettle of fish, but all that doesn't mean he is a bad influence on the rest of the players.