4 signings who would you bring in

ally_uk

Mawson, well we need a cb. There are a load of options & he just about edges it for me.

Promes: we need an attacking mid with pace. If sisto impresses me at wc I may change my mind.

ings: we need to clear out the strikers. I’d see if inns is sur0lus to requirement.

McNair: we may very well need the 4th buy elsewhere if we lost Cedric etc but given a freehand I think McNair is a very good player who could be gotten rather cheaply off the mess that is Sunderland. Much younger version of Davis. Can play at cb too & has more of an eye for goal than davo.

Assuming Bertrand has gone a experienced LB to fight with Targett for starting LB.

Promes or some sort of promising proven winger with pace.

CB to play with Hoedt, then we have Yoshi and Bednarek as league up and back up CBs, making us much stronger at the back.

Other then that I am good as that would make the squad along with more game time for Sims and Gabba or Austin ( if he stays fit) much better and have us somewhere between 12th and 9th.

I quite like Joe Allen busy little player but none of the top six are coming in for him. I imagine Stoke will need to reduce the wage bill post relegation so any decent offer for players would be considered.

Seems a weird clause in his contract. Could one of the top six not just buy him and then immediately sell him on?

Seems a weird clause in his contract. Could one of the top six not just buy him and then immediately sell him on?

I think there is a restriction about how many teams you can register for in a season, so they would have to wait at least a year.

I think there is a restriction about how many teams you can register for in a season, so they would have to wait at least a year.

Can register as many times as you like, just cant play for more than 2 different teams a season

Mawson (2nd choice Gibson), we have some ok CBs who need a leader to help them develop and command a little more,

Promes (2nd Sisto), we need more pace and attacking threat from out wide, a little unpredictably would help too,

Maddison (2nd Grealish), we have been missing a '10' for years though either could potentially play alongside a more traditional forward, both look like they could step up to the premier league and develop,

Rondon (2nd Ings), okay Rondon hasn't screamed goals lately but we have lacked physicality up front that allows others to play since the days of Pelle or Lambert - Ings may be a cheap(ish) option and may find goals with a consistent run ... open minded for continental options though if we can find somebody who could manage in the premier league.

5th (dependent on Forster not wanting to stick out as a reserve keeper) Bentley - always looked decent when I have seen him play, good potential, English.

It's hard to quantify what's realistic anymore under the present regime, seemingly committed to scaling back our ambition.

Assuming sold starters like Bertrand and Cedric will be replaced and discounting them from the four hypothetical signings, I'd say we need: a CB, a midfielder who can go forwards, a wide attacker and a striker.

CB: Issa Diop (Toulouse). Absolute beast. Lots of big clubs are looking at him, but is it beyond the realms of possibility that we couldn't pull off a "stepping stone" transfer for a young talent who is going to be a star, but isn't there yet?

AMC: I think Grealish or Maddison would fit the bill lovely. Nick Powell would also be very realistic. We can't keep playing three holding midfielders, Ward-Prowse is pony and Hesketh isn't going to make the grade. Someone's got to pass forwards.

Wide attacker: Sisto and Promes have been linked. Of the two, I do like the look of Sisto and - given that Promes is supposedly priced around £30m - I'd say the younger, probably cheaper and therefore more realistic option.

Striker: Tammy Abraham. Pushing the limits of what is realistic, perhaps, but I think he's a brilliant player in the making - and more importantly, possibly open to persuasion with his pathway at Chelsea perennially blocked. If we're counting pennies, maybe we could wrangle a one or two year loan.

Tall, strong, mobile, technically good with fantastic movement - Abraham's what we hoped Gallagher would be. I wouldn't hold a tough season at Swansea against him. Even in that crap side he scored more goals than our strikers managed. Assuming we'll keep at least one experienced quantity (Gabbiadini would be my choice) and reintegrate Gallagher, I think that'd leave us with a reasonable, though not groundbreaking, set of options up top.

But typing that all out makes you realise just how much money we'd have to find for not exactly top-shelf players, just to keep moving forward. I reckon we'd do well to sign the above for under £60m. Do we have that?

I suspect it's going to be a chastening off season.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If we're doing things on the relative cheap:

CB: Hegazi, £2.5m

AMC: Max Meyer, free

Winger: Shaqiri, £12m

Striker: Find a loan somewhere. Maybe use Les' Liverpool club card to get Solanke or Brewster for a season.

Some of the names on here- give me strength!

You've got Leon Bailey who's linked with every top club in Europe for crazy money (why would he leave Leverkusen for Saints when he can go to pretty much every big club?) and then you've got suggestions like Dominic Solanke, Sadio Berahino and Paddy McNair :mcinnes:

Anyway, the three signings I'd make would be a dominant CB, a forward who can play any of the front three positions and a target-man as priorities. Replacements for anyone else who leaves.

Some of the names on here- give me strength!

You've got Leon Bailey who's linked with every top club in Europe for crazy money (why would he leave Leverkusen for Saints when he can go to pretty much every big club?) and then you've got suggestions like Dominic Solanke, Sadio Berahino and Paddy McNair :mcinnes:

Anyway, the three signings I'd make would be a dominant CB, a forward who can play any of the front three positions and a target-man as priorities. Replacements for anyone else who leaves.

Considering his shocking low wages, which we pay to youth players that have not even seen first team football before, I would think his desire to leave for far far far higher wages to be pretty high, and seeing as interest from the so called top clubs dropped off and his price still sitting at 20 million, I would put us in a good spot to be able to sign him.

Only 4? Then I'd be keeping Forster as back up GK, and Bertrand, Pied and Cedric as full backs. Then sell, Boufal, Targett and Reed. Keep the rest. Then I'd strengthen the spine. Off the top of my head, working from attack back...

Str: Bertrand Traore

AM: Thorgan Hazard

DM: Wylan Cyprien

CB: Ummm... Chris Smalling. :) Ok, then, de Ligt.

Realistic? Probably not but I'm not Hughes.

Considering his shocking low wages, which we pay to youth players that have not even seen first team football before, I would think his desire to leave for far far far higher wages to be pretty high, and seeing as interest from the so called top clubs dropped off and his price still sitting at 20 million, I would put us in a good spot to be able to sign him.

Has the interest from top clubs dropped off? Do you think they would let him go for £20m?

Absolutely dreaming

I wouldn't touch Joe Allen with a 50ft pole, tbh, might as well keep picking Steven Davis who went off a cliff about the same time.

We need at least 1 CB of Champions League last 8 fringe first-team standard (I'd get shot of Hoedt too tbh but keep Yoshida), replacements for anyone who goes (which could be 2 LBs, a DM, 2 RBs, 1 AM, 2 wide midfielders and maybe 2 strikers). That's a lot of players who could be off, tbh. With that in mind 4 doesn't seem enough.

I'd re-sign Pied, but I think it's too late for that, and flog Forster. To Cardiff. And sell Carrillo (covered in the numbers above, but I'm expecting a loan out).

Sisto seems an obvious choice.

Rather than Mawson or Gibson, CB is where the money needs to go on an established player. Looking in the Alderweireld pool, not the Gardos one.

Also, even though he was dreadful for Swansea, Renato Sanches might flourish with Romeu to guide him and he's definitely got a potential upside and might at this point be available for not much. Gamble, but so was Bertrand at the time...

Edited by The9

Has the interest from top clubs dropped off? Do you think they would let him go for £20m?

Absolutely dreaming

and what top team you think will sign this young 19 year old winger who has 12 goals all season in a fairly easy league? what top class winger in a top side is he going to displace, Rashford? Eriksen? , Sanchez? LOL Hazzard? Salah? Sane? Mane? Sterling? Mata? Martial? Gabriel? Moreno? Jesus?, This is just the English top 6 players. Wow loads and loads of Talent here, cant even believe your putting this kid on these guys level. If he was so good, why have Bayern Munich not took him off Leverkusens hands already, you do know the German League is Bayern Munich's own personal youth development team right?

If we're doing things on the relative cheap:

CB: Hegazi, £2.5m

AMC: Max Meyer, free

Winger: Shaqiri, £12m

Striker: Find a loan somewhere. Maybe use Les' Liverpool club card to get Solanke or Brewster for a season.

Getting back to potential cheapish options if we're being tight:

RB: Ryan Fredericks, 25 (Fulham) and Achraf Hakimi, 19 (Real Madrid) - both out of contract.

CM: Oguzhan Ozyakup, 25 (Besiktas) - free

Winger: Jonathan Bamba, 22 (St. Etienne) - free.

Striker: Mario Balotelli, 27 (Nice) - free. Probably not realistic, but I'd doubt a massive club will take a punt on him now. Seems to have matured and has certainly got quality. Weirder things have happened...

A CB is obvious but hard to find. Gibson or Mawson would be ok.

We then need to completely freshen up the attack so I would go for 3 up top and leave midfield as is. Shaquiri, Promes and Abrahams for me whilst keeping Austin and Gabbi (hopefully)

Getting back to potential cheapish options if we're being tight:

RB: Ryan Fredericks, 25 (Fulham) and Achraf Hakimi, 19 (Real Madrid) - both out of contract.

CM: Oguzhan Ozyakup, 25 (Besiktas) - free

Winger: Jonathan Bamba, 22 (St. Etienne) - free.

Striker: Mario Balotelli, 27 (Nice) - free. Probably not realistic, but I'd doubt a massive club will take a punt on him now. Seems to have matured and has certainly got quality. Weirder things have happened...

What is the obsession with Fredericks? I’ve seen him play numerous times and would want him anywhere near our RB slot