Who do you reckon our first signing will be and when?

ally_uk

My guess is that we will not be signing anybody and Hughes will be asked to get the best out of the very expensive players that Reed has brought in during the last two disastrous seasons. Reed will still insist that these players were gems that can be polished to perfection rather than complete duds that they are. No way is Reed going to admit any failures on his part he is much too arrogant a bar steward for that. Money fo signings? In your dreams boyos! Forget it.

My guess is that we will not be signing anybody and Hughes will be asked to get the best out of the very expensive players that Reed has brought in during the last two disastrous seasons. Reed will still insist that these players were gems that can be polished to perfection rather than complete duds that they are. No way is Reed going to admit any failures on his part he is much too arrogant a bar steward for that. Money fo signings? In your dreams boyos! Forget it.

Don't think you are too far away from the truth here. Such is the small minded thinking at the club it is probably a case of a better manager getting an extra 5 or 6 points out of a poor team and all will be well next season. Except every other team will probably be improved by more.

Rubbish. The Chairman has already said that we are looking to sign players and that the VVD money is still around. Why spin such crap?

Sure, and not forgetting the firesafe of anyone that is sellable.

For heavens sake go, Les Reed.

Probably not far from the truth this. Sparky's comments in the Echo seem to be preparing us for this.

SFC clearly hasnt got a pot to p*ss in since Fat Kat decided to cash in her chips. We wont see any more of the VVD money.

Bunsen and Beaker are still there as well.....

Probably not far from the truth this. Sparky's comments in the Echo seem to be preparing us for this.

SFC clearly hasnt got a pot to p*ss in since Fat Kat decided to cash in her chips. We wont see any more of the VVD money.

Hard to believe MH would take the job if there's no ££££ for him to spend though.

Ever since the Gao takeover I have been worried about the future of the club. Looking at the current Aston Villa situation has me thinking it won't be long before we are in a similar position. It's probably only the Premiership money keeping us as a business up and running right now. There seems to be big issues with getting money out of China for all these Chinese billionaires. With that in mind, I don't foresee any major signings for Southampton this summer transfer window or beyond it. I hope I am wrong but nothing about the Gao takeover sits right with me and unless he gets bored and sells up this season I can only see a very bumpy ride ahead. Now the sheer euphoria of retaining our Premier League status has faded, the focus is now firmly back on the reality of our dodgy owner and our badly run club.

Ever since the Gao takeover I have been worried about the future of the club. Looking at the current Aston Villa situation has me thinking it won't be long before we are in a similar position. It's probably only the Premiership money keeping us as a business up and running right now. There seems to be big issues with getting money out of China for all these Chinese billionaires. With that in mind, I don't foresee any major signings for Southampton this summer transfer window or beyond it. I hope I am wrong but nothing about the Gao takeover sits right with me and unless he gets bored and sells up this season I can only see a very bumpy ride ahead. Now the sheer euphoria of retaining our Premier League status has faded, the focus is now firmly back on the reality of our dodgy owner and our badly run club.

Good job that we're a self-sustaining club living within our means then, not living unsustainably and being threatened with HMRC winding up orders (like Villa) so we don't need to "get money out of China". That's something (to use Alpine's phrase) that's down to "fat Kat".

Some of our fans are total t@ssers.

My prediction is that we will only buy - cheap, from the Championship - once we have secured £20m (should be more) for Lemina from wherever

There isn't many cheap players in the championship...some are going for £15m+ who have never played in the prem, it's mental.

If we want cheap players, itll be from leagues which can't match the wages...i.e Italy.

There isn't many cheap players in the championship...some are going for £15m+ who have never played in the prem, it's mental.

If we want cheap players, itll be from leagues which can't match the wages...i.e Italy.

Villa

If recent transfer windows are anything to go by, I fully expect us to try to sell 1 or 2 of our best players and bring in inferior ones. But, apart from Bertrand, we don't have anyone left now who'd attract a big transfer bid. Our best players have all all been sold already.

Armstrong, an injury-prone player, surplus to requirements at Celtic could well be our first signing. The new Neil McCann?

If recent transfer windows are anything to go by, I fully expect us to try to sell 1 or 2 of our best players and bring in inferior ones. But, apart from Bertrand, we don't have anyone left now who'd attract a big transfer bid. Our best players have all all been sold already.

What makes you think the club set out with the intention to sell them? Bids coming in and then accepting those bids is very different from actively looking for a buyer.

Armstrong, an injury-prone player, surplus to requirements at Celtic could well be our first signing. The new Neil McCann?

Based on what? Having an injury last season does not automatically make him "injury prone".

What makes you think the club set out with the intention to sell them? Bids coming in and then accepting those bids is very different from actively looking for a buyer.

Based on what? Having an injury last season does not automatically make him "injury prone".

He had three injuries last season.

Also has missed 31 games over the last 3 seasons with Celtic due to injury.

Sounds injury prone to me - pop it into your FM algorithm and see if it generates an injury prone trait.

He had three injuries last season.

Also has missed 31 games over the last 3 seasons with Celtic due to injury.

Sounds injury prone to me - pop it into your FM algorithm and see if it generates an injury prone trait.

Remember this is the same poster who said Charlie Austin wasn’t injury-prone :mcinnes:

Are we actually going to sign anyone? or promote Doris the tea lady. I think the board would be clueless to think we are strong enough already.. call me impatient but get some f**king players in pronto....

Pre-season training doesn't start for three weeks. Even if they signed today, they wouldn't be doing anything for weeks at the club.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Our club's owners' main objective is to make money for themselves and one of the ways they do that is by selling our best players. That's why we are the net spend champions.

Based on his malleolar injury, which kept him out for more than a month in 2014/15. his groin injuries iwhich kept him for months in 2015/16, his hamstring injury which kept him out out for weeks in 2016/17 and his knee injuries which kept him out for months in 2017/18. He managed just 15 league appearances in Scotland last season, although that's partly because he's no longer considered good enough to be a first team regular.

do you remember when you would challenge people who suggested Austin was/is injury prone?

Pre-season training doesn't start for three weeks. Even if they signed today, they wouldn't be doing anything for weeks at the club.

Same old f**king excuses every summer.

Hasnt stopped the big 6 being extremely active in the market already. I am guessing they know something we dont, since they win everything.

Oh, and there is just the little issue that the window shuts before the seasons starts this time around, and somewhat distracted attention for a month caused by the World Cup.

Just pointing out why your tired little excuse-making hacks are complete b*ll*cks this time around...

Hasnt stopped the big 6 being extremely active in the market already. I am guessing they know something we dont, since they win everything.

Oh, and there is just the little issue that the window shuts before the seasons starts this time around, and somewhat distracted attention for a month caused by the World Cup.

Just pointing out why your tired little excuse-making hacks are complete b*ll*cks this time around...

Extremely Active?

3 of them have signed 1 player, the others haven't signed any yet?!

Liverpool

In

Fabinho (Monaco) Undisclosed Details

Naby Keita (Signed last year)

Arsenal

In

Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus) Free Details

Manchester United

In

Diogo Dalot (FC Porto) Undisclosed Details

No Signings

Chelsea

Man City

Tottenham

Are we actually going to sign anyone? or promote Doris the tea lady. I think the board would be clueless to think we are strong enough already.. call me impatient but get some f**king players in pronto....

:mcinnes:

Why do you continue to make nonsense like this up for the last 12 years?

The top six have so far announced 4 signings in total between them, at an average of 0.66 of a player each. 3 of the top 6 haven't announced a single signing!

Liverpool = 2 signings... Fabinho & Keita

Arsenal = 1 signing... Lichtsteiner

Manchester United = 1 signing... Dalot

Chelsea = 0 players announced as signed

Man City = 0 players announced as signed

Tottenham = 0 players announced as signed

How on earth is that "extremely active"?

Edited by Matthew Le God

I don't think he is deliberately trolling, I think he is a sandwich short of a picnic and isn't aware of it.

Rather be slightly bonkers than pedantic and anally-retentive like you.

no comment about the transfer window being closed this summer at our apparently preferred time of business, I note.

I wonder if that cretin Reed even knows...

Rather be slightly bonkers than pedantic and anally-retentive like you.

Are you going to sweep the rebuttal to your previous nonense under the carpet?

The top six have so far announced 4 signings in total between them, at an average of 0.66 of a player each. 3 of the top 6 haven't announced a single signing!

Liverpool = 2 signings... Fabinho & Keita

Arsenal = 1 signing... Lichtsteiner

Manchester United = 1 signing... Dalot

Chelsea = 0 players announced as signed

Man City = 0 players announced as signed

Tottenham = 0 players announced as signed

How on earth is that "extremely active"?

sweep_under.gif

no comment about the transfer window being closed this summer at our apparently preferred time of business, I note. I wonder if that cretin Reed even knows...

Deals for lots of clubs go into the final few days of the window because multiple parties are out for themselves in order to get the best possible deal. With the window closing earlier it will probably see the large amount of activity that used to happen for many clubs at the end of August, instead happen at the beginning of August.

What you continue to overlook when posting is that it is the 12th June. Hardly any clubs in the Premier League have signed players this early in the close season.

Yet bizarrely you make statements like this...

Looks increasingly obvious we wont be signing anyone and will struggle to hold on to a few we have.

...when you have no evidence to support it.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Are you going to sweep the rebuttal to your previous nonense under the carpet?

sweep_under.gif

Deals for lots of clubs go into the final few days of the window because multiple parties are out for themselves in order to get the best possible deal. With the window closing earlier it will probably see the large amount of activity that used to happen for many clubs at the end of August, instead happen at the beginning of August.

What you continue to overlook when posting is that it is the 12th June. Hardly any clubs in the Premier League have signed players this early in the close season.

Yet bizarrely you make statements like this...

...when you have no evidence to support it.

Are you under treatment for your OCD ?