Stadium works

Pamplemousse

The floodlights on the underside of the stands are terribly positioned and a distraction to the eye. The installer had never done any football stadiums. Ultra HD required the upgrade, but at SMS they went over the top with a poor design.

Reputable football stadium floodlight installers should only be used.

Be nice if they replaced some of the old rusty grey cladding with some new red stuff - and then maybe look at replacing the seats in the bowl like they did at the Stadium Of Light as they’re really looking old and faded. I don’t know what material the seats at Wembley are made from but 11 years on it still looks as good as new.

I found the sound system very pitchy when I visited last season, surely this is a quick fix with today’s technology.

Not so quick for the Saints experts as they have been trying to get this right for years and still have not succeeded.

The floodlights on the underside of the stands are terribly positioned and a distraction to the eye. The installer had never done any football stadiums. Ultra HD required the upgrade, but at SMS they went over the top with a poor design.

Reputable football stadium floodlight installers should only be used.

Think when they went in LED was a new toy even for experienced stadium floodlight installers(we were one of the first to install it), and it behaved differently in its projection onto the pitch with sharper edges at the edge of the spread hence the appearance of “let’s stick another cluster in here and one over there. If the stadium had been designed with floodlight mountings on the roof like at the Olympic Stadium none of us would have noticed them in our eyes

What, no mention of monkey chicken petting zoo? Any stadium refurb thread is not worth reading without incontrovertible proof of this.

In other news, I think the premium seats in the Kingsland should get padded seats. Just saying.

Not a bad idea given how much Season Tickets cost in that area.