Shaqiri - Official: Signs for Liverpool

EkonOkereke

Usual English football fan, rather have Henderson running around headless chicken esque, than a “lazy” player that can score and create from nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Ekon, though shaq isn't my cup of tea.

Usual English football fan, rather have Henderson running around headless chicken esque, than a “lazy” player that can score and create from not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is not what we need and I am sure you will be one of the first to moan when we lose and he was poor.

Just my opinion but I don't think he is consistent enough or necessarily what we need. Is he better than Tadic?

He scored more Premier League goals than Tadic (or any other Saints player) last season, but why does he have to be better than Tadic? They could both play in the same team.

He scored more Premier League goals than Tadic (or any other Saints player) last season, but why does he have to be better than Tadic? They could both play in the same team.

Agree Tadic and Shaq are completely different type of players. Personally i'd rather have Tadic as he brings more to a team, but Shaq would be a better attacking option than Redmond, JWP etc

Shaq just not good enough. Hadn’t looked at him for while and wondered if he had greatly improved given the recent hype over him. Sadly he hasn’t at all.....

I think he is a decent player just massively let down by his lack of fitness in this day and age it is pretty unforgivable for a pro footballer to not look after themselves and be in pretty much peak condition!

100% mate

Tadics 3 goals and 1 assist in our last 25 games vs Shaqiris 6 goals and 2 assits really support that view

Stats eh mate - they're your friend ain't they.

Business end of the season:

Shaqiri - 1 goal in ten - went missing when it mattered.

Tadic - 3 goals in nine - stepped up and drove the team on.

Temperament.

100% mate

Tadics 3 goals and 1 assist in our last 25 games vs Shaqiris 6 goals and 2 assits really support that view

Hang on a minute. Mickey said that Shaqiri went missing when Stoke needed him most.

In the last 7 matches when Stoke were battling against relegation and needed him most Shaqiri contributed 1 assist.

At the same time over our last 7 matches Tadic scored 3 goals. I think that shows who went missing .... and it wasn't Dusan.

Anyone would think that you were not a true supporter of Southampton by the way that you distort statistics to knock the club and our players .

Hang on a minute. Mickey said that Shaqiri went missing when Stoke needed him most.

In the last 7 matches when Stoke were battling against relegation and needed him most Shaqiri contributed 1 assist.

At the same time over our last 7 matches Tadic scored 3 goals. I think that shows who went missing .... and it wasn't Dusan.

Anyone would think that you were not a true supporter of Southampton by the way that you distort statistics to knock the club and our players . ��

Bit straw man though isn't it? Why pick the last 7? why not look over a season where Shaqiri stats are better? Or 2nd half of season where he's better?

Why not look at the last 3 games when it really matters? Again Shaqiri has better return.

How people can say he’s not good enough for us is beyond belief.

If/when Tadic goes he is just what we need.

Hes no Nathan Redmond of course :mcinnes:

Tbf it is only saintsweb plums saying that. He isn’t coming here.

Just no-not good enough for us and not in Tadic’s class. Continuously runs into dead ends without releasing the ball...

That comment went back to bite didn t it.

On a sidenote, if shaqiri continues to impress we have no chance of getting him

thats what you call inflation....Swiss goal will cost an extra £5m :scared:

He reportedly has has a min fee release clause, Stoke can not raise his price if that is true. Any club that makes a bid at the level of the release clause automatically has the bid accepted. There is no need what so ever to bid higher.

Edited by Matthew Le God